Possible 17-man line-ups for the promotion challengers

1 hour ago, newbe said:

Looks like Hughes is not spending the cash at London, cutting back. More established high earners players going, then academy players being promoted. 

Think he knows something? Perhaps he sees that it might be better to go all in for proper promotion in 2022 than take the poisoned chalice of being elevated into a no win situation in 2021.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/11/2020 at 20:12, The Phantom Horseman said:

From the original squad lists at the start of this thread we can remove Kieran Dixon from London and add him to York. That's yet another of London's more established players gone, and a good acquisition for York in a position where they probably weren't as strong as some of the other promotion candidates.

I’d also add Tyme Nikau to the squad for York, I know you can’t look too much into highlight videos but from the new signings he excites me the most.

7 hours ago, Oldbear said:

Think he knows something? Perhaps he sees that it might be better to go all in for proper promotion in 2022 than take the poisoned chalice of being elevated into a no win situation in 2021.

He still needs to have a squad capable of gaining promotion in 2021 if he wants to be in SL in 2022 - especially as we don't know how much longer after that, if at all, promotion and relegation will continue.

Maybe they have a raft of high-profile selections waiting to be announced after November 30th, but they haven't done a very good job of placating their fans in the mean time.

Edited the original post to change the following
Leigh -add Craig Mullen, Ben Flower & Adam Sidlow, delete Adam Walker
Fev - add Craig Kopczak
York - add Kieran Dixon and Tyme Nikau
Bradford - add Dan Fleming
London - remove Kieran Dixon

any I have missed?

FWIW I don't really believe that that's the 17 London will start the season with even if they are in the Championship, presumably they have a few signings to unveil or at least will be heavily targetting available players in the next couple of months. At the moment their back line would look League 1 standard.

On 18/11/2020 at 10:46, Magic XIII said:

Frankly I don't know where we go from here. I now have literally no idea why we would want to apply for the 12th team as whilst its laudable to promote academy players to the first team squad, I go to games to watch a competition. We now have only a handful of experienced players and as a collective we would struggle to be top 6 in Championship. Trouble is, no-one in the club is saying anything.

Lots of signings they are contemplating Magic, have you seen the letter to the fan's?

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Edited the original post to change the following
Leigh -add Craig Mullen, Ben Flower & Adam Sidlow, delete Adam Walker
Fev - add Craig Kopczak
York - add Kieran Dixon and Tyme Nikau
Bradford - add Dan Fleming
London - remove Kieran Dixon

any I have missed?

FWIW I don't really believe that that's the 17 London will start the season with even if they are in the Championship, presumably they have a few signings to unveil or at least will be heavily targetting available players in the next couple of months. At the moment their back line would look League 1 standard.

The Championship is going to be very competitive next season if all these signings stay on board, one thought though if Fev keep with their Leeds DR additions will it prompt other Championship clubs to utilise their DR association's, Leigh for example have a DR setup with Saints?

I would do away with it if it was my call, and so would a good number of Fev fan's if those who write on these pages are an example.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The Championship is going to be very competitive next season if all these signings stay on board, one thought though if Fev keep with their Leeds DR additions will it prompt other Championship clubs to utilise their DR association's, Leigh for example have a DR setup with Saints?

I would do away with it if it was my call, and so would a good number of Fev fan's if those who write on these pages are an example.

Wasn't it already announced that there would be no DR in 2021?

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

* Run Super League with 11 teams * Stop dual reg so the championship have to use their own players * at the end of the season offer the 12th place to the champions of the championship * Give the funding that would have gone to the 12th to the champions to spend *allow the champions to spend a little over the basic cap for their first season.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

10 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I see that is dated 4/10, it says to be abolished has it since been confirmed do you know?

The main reason they are saying is Covid and having not wanting player's training and playing at two sites, will any great results from the vaccine(s) alter that I wonder?

9 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Im still under the impression that it will be season long loans rather than DR. I doub't Fev will need many players from Leeds anyway but I know fax are expecting to utilise players from Huddersfield and possibly Wigan.

Its a big risk for a SL club to commit to a season loan in 2021 for any T30 squad player imo, the exception being for salary cap purposes

56 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Lots of signings they are contemplating Magic, have you seen the letter to the fan's?

Of course HS, but whilst calm and measured, the letter hardly reassures they have aces up the sleeve. I mean. lets be honest, they've either got a load of top notch players signed and hoping for the 12th place nod, but also have the plan B, a second set of players lined up if the juice man says no ! If these players were happy with either option, as say Craig K, then surely they would have been announced by now.

I have been watching this crowd for too many years to think its going to be plain sailing. And add to that, I don't think we've had a Featherstone supporting commercial manager before 😀

Its quite wise of London Broncos not to be spending big in the market without knowing :

a) If the club is in Super League or not for 2021

b) What the remifications are of the next TV deal

c) What the future structure of professional Rugby League will be for 2022 - inflkuenced by b)

You need a certain type of player to win the Champiopnship , you need a different type of player to survive in Super League and your squad needs to reflect that. What London have done is announce the signing of the locally produced juniors.

I think the Clubforce e-mail was meant to be for Supporters Club members only and not for general distribution therfore it is regrettable that a certain individual published this on another website.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

4 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Its quite wise of London Broncos not to be spending big in the market without knowing :

a) If the club is in Super League or not for 2021

b) What the remifications are of the next TV deal

c) What the future structure of professional Rugby League will be for 2022 - inflkuenced by b)

You need a certain type of player to win the Champiopnship , you need a different type of player to survive in Super League and your squad needs to reflect that. What London have done is announce the signing of the locally produced juniors.

I think the Clubforce e-mail was meant to be for Supporters Club members only and not for general distribution therfore it is regrettable that a certain individual published this on another website.

Bar having a crystal ball available, London are no different on your A, B, & C  than any other of the Championship contenders, they have to make up their minds and go for it as they see fit, ditthering and sitting back to wait and see what transpires could end up like standing on the dock watching the boat you were supposed to be on sailing away.

As for the last paragraph, exactly the same could be said about the Leigh submission.

On 17/11/2020 at 22:13, GaryHall said:

York City Knights Chairman Jon Flatman announced on Radio York this evening that if the York City Knights bid is successful they will be 100% full time.

It is mandatory to have full time players and squads in SL. 

12 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

If it's mandatory why make such a statement? Please show me where it says that it is.

This - I'd like to see evidence of this claim.

Also - this would be a difficult rule to police. Even assuming the minimum SL salary of £15k returns (and it presumably will as its abolition was just to help clubs field teams for the 2020 season), I don't see who could prevent players from a "hybrid" club supplementing their £15k income with a second job, with the club holding its main training sessions on evenings and Saturday mornings; the governing body can't dictate to clubs when they should train, can they?

Archived