best day and worst day of the week for Christmas to fall on?

Christmas is on 25 December.

there are 7 days of the week

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Rank these the days of the week order of best to worst for Christmas to fall on and why?

Best Sunday people are at home not working anyway.  so les disruptive to the 9-5 Monday to Friday working week.

2nd Saturday

3rd Friday

4th Thursday

5th Monday

6th Tuesday

Worst Wednesday

your answer please,

ps did you know the best colour for a golf ball is yellow becuase it is easier to see the ball when it is yellow than when it is any other colour or black/white (black is not a colour it is a shade or white which is a tint).

Based on your reason for Sunday being best, your ranking of Monday is bizarre, bearing in mind that you'd get exactly the same bank holidays and disruption to working patterns.  Who works Monday to Friday, 9-5, these days ?

Not to mention that bank holidays are themselves anachronisms.   They've become days when you don't want to be working but you want everybody else to be working so that you've got something to do on your bank holiday.   Complete waste of time.

But to (partially) answer your question, Friday's the best day. 

Our bin days aren't affected if Christmas Day is on Friday.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

I think this thread should be moved to the 'favourite day for a traditional pagan festival appropriated as a Christian holy day to fall on' forum.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

for me wednesday was best because  when i worked we used to shut down on the friday because it wasn't worth turning in on a monday 'cos nobody worked on the tuesday  and then the same for new year, ignore me i'm pished......hic.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

the best day is Sunday and 17June each year because Jesus was Barn on June 17th and when it falls on a Sunday most people already at home so feel the natural place in the week for Christmas to fall on plus easter is on a Sunday every year.

if you can only go abroad for two weeks in the year.

best month to go abroad to a  country why is hot all year round is January unless the country is on fire like Australia in 2020 because think about it you leave behind the poor cold wet winter weather in uk for sun.  much more need in January than in July for people living in the United Kingdom.

plus less crowded.

Why you should take your big holiday in winter instead of summer | Metro News

Sunday best because you can double up Xams dinner and Sunday dinner save on the cooking of two special meals in the same week.

In my area in Scotland when Xmas on Wednesday the kids get off school the previous Friday but when Xmas on a Friday they get off only on the 23 rd the pervious Wednesday.

Does this make any difference to the kids enjoyment of Xams just wondering?

Rank of best to worst months of the year to be out of the United Kingdom:-

These are the best (and worst) months to go on holiday - according to travel experts | Yorkshire Post

Best:- February

January

November

October

March

December

September

April

May

June

July

Worst:- August

2 hours ago, Stuarty said:

Sunday best because you can double up Xams dinner and Sunday dinner save on the cooking of two special meals in the same week.

In my area in Scotland when Xmas on Wednesday the kids get off school the previous Friday but when Xmas on a Friday they get off only on the 23 rd the pervious Wednesday.

Pervious ?🙄

Rank anno Domini (AD) and before Christ (BC) in order.

I would say AD is best because we have more stuff than we had BC... like the internet and cars and things like that.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Thursday for sure. Means the following Thursday is also a public holiday and likely little work to be done on Friday the 2nd.

Only Christmas Day and Good Friday are public holidays.

The others are bank holidays.  Only banks should be having these days off.

Though why computers can't work 24/7 is always something which has escaped me.

Stratford Station taxi rank is great, always plenty of taxis. What's your favourite taxi rank ? Yes, it's RANK THE RANKS !

taxi-rank-london-cabs-stratford-shopping-centre-DFJKF3.jpg

Perhaps the Rank Organisation have lovely taxi ranks, but which is best ?

Rank Rank's Ranks. 

2 hours ago, HawkMan said:

Stratford Station taxi rank is great, always plenty of taxis. What's your favourite taxi rank ? Yes, it's RANK THE RANKS !

taxi-rank-london-cabs-stratford-shopping-centre-DFJKF3.jpg

Perhaps the Rank Organisation have lovely taxi ranks, but which is best ?

Rank Rank's Ranks. 

Sergeant is the best rank but I quite enjoyed being a Corporal as well

8 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Thursday for sure. Means the following Thursday is also a public holiday and likely little work to be done on Friday the 2nd.

Friday, for the same reason, but Monday 28th is a carry over Bank Holiday, and the following weekend is a three dayer. Which means Pagan Winter Festival to Gregorian January 1st, is only 3 working days.

Archived