Challenge Cup Draw - BBC 11/02/2021

Streamed on BBC Sport tomorrow from 5pm. The 16-team draw will include clubs from the Championship and League 1.

• Like 4

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Scandalous. All clubs should be entered, even if they can't fulfil their fixtures. was this decision made for mathematical reasons? after all, a 19 team first round, and 6 SL teams coming in at 3rd round, and a further 6 after that would stretch Professor Cox's mind, let alone a secretary at Red Hall.

Even Toulouse should be entered, if they can't make the game due to Brexit Covid / Flu restrictions, they can forfeit.

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Like 2

Where were you last Thursday?

14 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Scandalous. All clubs should be entered, even if they can't fulfil their fixtures. was this decision made for mathematical reasons? after all, a 19 team first round, and 6 SL teams coming in at 3rd round, and a further 6 after that would stretch Professor Cox's mind, let alone a secretary at Red Hall.

Even Toulouse should be entered, if they can't make the game due to Brexit Covid / Flu restrictions, they can forfeit.

Aye, right.

Very sensible.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

18 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

And had we gone with that wild format, you’d be moaning about how unprofessional and typical Rugby League it would be to do that. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Griff said:

Not invited or didn't enter ?

The RFL had 9 applicants from L1 to enter but only had 3 places so who knows how it was decided. Certainly Rochdale’s chairman was very vocal about his side being omitted at the time saying he had no idea how the 3 clubs had been selected.

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

51 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

And had we gone with that wild format, you’d be moaning about how unprofessional and typical Rugby League it would be to do that. 

No I wouldn't, Rugby League is an inclusive game, not filtering out the others.

• Like 1

Where were you last Thursday?

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Definitely, watch on iPlayer instead of normal bbc1 if you can. 

It isn't on BBC1 anyway, as far as I can tell.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/rugby-league/55935699 

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Round 1
London Broncos v Keighley
Whitehaven v Dewsbury
Oldham v Barrow
West Wales v Widnes
Swinton v Newcastle
Halifax v Batley
Sheffield v York
Featherstone v Bradford