Jump to content

Batley Friendly, 6th March


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Got my ticket last night, can't wait.

On hearing the 200 figure you have to worry just what effect the pandemic is having on interest in rugby league.

Or how many family members will be watching on the same stream rather than paying individually on the gate at a ground.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Over 500 tickets sold so far.

I believe that the base costs for hosting a match, including the broadcast, is about £2000 so a crude figure of 450 would be needed to break even before players costs are included. i stand to be corrected if anyone has more accurate figures.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What an entertaining match and great performance. Wasn't expecting the standard to be that high after a year off but both sides looked like they were playing halfway through a season.

Couldn't really fault any of our players and it will be interesting to see who makes the 17 for Whitehaven in a fortnight. Impressed by all the new signings. Roll on the new season. Coverage was good too. Just need to get into the ground now.

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. Very enjoyable and would be even better with a crowd.

I thought that we deserved the win although there was a lot of churn of players, making it difficult to really compare. the new players will still be learning the systems but I felt that the established players gave a good account and it will take some special performances to displace them. Butterworth looked promising, I felt.

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was lovely to be “at” a match and see such a well contested match and with pleasant weather to go with it.

I think our new players will have given LG something to think about come the Whitehaven cup game. Hall and Clavering made themselves known and it could be that our regular(?) wingers, well, nos. 2 and 5 might have to watch out with the good displays of Carr and Dixon. For me Sam Day was the better of the two hookers, just edging Butterworth, perhaps because Day is a more familiar sight.

’Next week's game at Wakefield will be much harder as I suspect Trinity will want to give most of their first team a run out.

Edited by Crown Flatter
Legs, Dews, Legs.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anybody else see the incident in the second half when we were defending near our own try line? To put it ‘delicately’  -  one of our players appealed to the referee for ‘inappropriate touching’ of private parts. The referee was facing the other way and did not see the appeal. I could state exactly when this happened but would like others to confirm my opinion by looking for it themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, myview said:

Did anybody else see the incident in the second half when we were defending near our own try line? To put it ‘delicately’  -  one of our players appealed to the referee for ‘inappropriate touching’ of private parts. The referee was facing the other way and did not see the appeal. I could state exactly when this happened but would like others to confirm my opinion by looking for it themselves.

The incident you are referring to,did it involve Chris Annakin and Tom Lillycrop? And I don’t mean the incident leading up to Chris getting put in the sin bin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How did Arron hall play for you guys?

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reese Butterworth is a class player without doubt and that was great bit of business by LeeG. I know we've got the experience of Ben Kaye in but might have been better getting Butterworth back at The Mount, was always on the front foot for us.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, graham fisher said:

The incident you are referring to,did it involve Chris Annakin and Tom Lillycrop? And I don’t mean the incident leading up to Chris getting put in the sin 

Will take another look to be absolutely sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, myview said:

Did anybody else see the incident in the second half when we were defending near our own try line? To put it ‘delicately’  -  one of our players appealed to the referee for ‘inappropriate touching’ of private parts. The referee was facing the other way and did not see the appeal. I could state exactly when this happened but would like others to confirm my opinion by looking for it themselves.

 

2 hours ago, myview said:

Will take another look to be absolutely sure.

OK,  so you can see it for yourself on the repeat showing on the our league app. Time on the onscreen clock is 73-01 and lasts until 73-06. Player involved is no.16 with the red skull cap on. Mr Ward. What are your views?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, myview said:

 

OK,  so you can see it for yourself on the repeat showing on the our league app. Time on the onscreen clock is 73-01 and lasts until 73-06. Player involved is no.16 with the red skull cap on. Mr Ward. What are your views?

Whilst you can't see exactly what happened, Annakin certainly looked like he'd been "mishandled". Pretty cheap trick from Ward if he had done it deliberately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, myview said:

 

OK,  so you can see it for yourself on the repeat showing on the our league app. Time on the onscreen clock is 73-01 and lasts until 73-06. Player involved is no.16 with the red skull cap on. Mr Ward. What are your views?

You certainly can't read anything into Annakin's reaction to the incident.

He was crying, pleading and whinging about something every he was involved in the game. Whether he had either made a tackle or been tackled, he resembled some kind of crazed Italian waiter, complaining and waving his arms about. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

You certainly can't read anything into Annakin's reaction to the incident.

He was crying, pleading and whinging about something every he was involved in the game. Whether he had either made a tackle or been tackled, he resembled some kind of crazed Italian waiter, complaining and waving his arms about. 😉

Smashed lillycrop though did lad right hit

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Whilst you can't see exactly what happened, Annakin certainly looked like he'd been "mishandled". Pretty cheap trick from Ward if he had done it deliberately.

The Batley players were certainly "interfering" in the tackle throughout the game. This is obviously a new approach introduced by their coach so they should expect plenty calls of "six again" this season.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The Batley players were certainly "interfering" in the tackle throughout the game. This is obviously a new approach introduced by their coach so they should expect plenty calls of "six again" this season.

Keighley got a bit of a reputation for their tactics whilst under the coaching of Craig Lingard.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...