NRL Tipping Competition Round 5 2021 Results Posted; Awards Presented

NRL ROUND 5 POLL 2021  

14 members have voted

1. 1. which game will produce the narrowest margin of victory (closest result)

• Rabbitohs v Broncos
    • Warriors v Sea Eagles
    • Panthers v Raiders
    • Titans v Knights
    • Bulldogs v Storm
    • Roosters v Sharks
    • Tigers v Cowboys
    • Eels v Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/04/21 at 09:52

24zYzFe.png

WELCOME everyone whether you've entered before or not 

Entries are allowed each week up until the kick off of the first game in the round
NB This round's first game is  on THURSDAY

Fixtures:

XETe1VE.png

1. Name the 8 winning teams

2. How many points will be scored by all the teams added together in R5? also acts as tie breaker in match tipping

3. How many HOME wins will there be in the round? Team named first is regarded as the home team when the game is on the road

4. Poll: which game will produce the closest win - the game won with the narrowest margin

Enjoy your Rugby League

Name the 8 winning teams: Rabbitohs, Warriors, Panthers, Titans, Storm, Roosters, Tigers, Eels

Home wins: 7

Closest game: Panthers vs. Raiders

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Poll Question

Gold Coast Titans vs Newcastle Knights.

Round 5 Winners

South Sydney Rabbitohs

New Zealand Warriors

Penrith Panthers

Newcastle Knights

Melbourne Storm

Sydney Roosters

Wests Tigers

Parramatta Eels

Total Points

Home Wins

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm going away on holiday interstate on Monday for nearly two weeks, so hopefully I can find a way to still get my Round 6 and 7 tips in when the time comes.

1E0C84F5-C519-477B-AB96-36B3C1238463.png

The 8 winning teams:

South Sydney

New Zealand Warriors

Penrith Panthers

Gold Coast Titans, S

Melbourne Storm

SydneyRoosters

West Tigers,

Paramatta Eels

Home wins: 7

Closest game: Panthers vs. Raiders

I am so tempted to have gone for Cronulla against the Roosters but a John Morris coached side has yet to demonstrate it can beat the top ranked sides in the competition. That's why he has still to get an extension.

SGI winning run to end at the hands of "The Baron of Bankwest" and "The Fergosaurus".

If Bulldogs v Storm was a boxing match Trent Barret should throw in the towel sometyime in the first half to prevent further punishment.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

13 hours ago, StormGirl said:

Poll Question

Gold Coast Titans vs Newcastle Knights.

Round 5 Winners

South Sydney Rabbitohs

New Zealand Warriors

Penrith Panthers

Newcastle Knights

Melbourne Storm

Sydney Roosters

Wests Tigers

Parramatta Eels

Total Points

Home Wins

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm going away on holiday interstate on Monday for nearly two weeks, so hopefully I can find a way to still get my Round 6 and 7 tips in when the time comes.

If you think you might struggle you could do them in advance and message them to me. Having said that I use mobile data when on holiday so have access to the site wherever. Holiday? For me t’will be a staycation most likely this year.

Poll titans  knights

Knights 

Warriors 

Raiders 

Titans 

Storm

Roosters 

Tigers 

Eels 

Homes 6

Points 303

You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if its late.

Week 5:  Good luck to one and all.

Poll: Warriors\Sea Eagles, Homes: 7, Points 323.

Winners: Rabbitohs, Warriors, Panthers, Titans, Storm, Roosters, Wests Tigers, Eels

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Winners - Rabbitohs, Warriors, Panthers, Titans, Storm, Roosters, Tigers, Eels

Total points - 326

smallest victory margin - Panthers over Raiders

7 home wins

Just an observation as a newbie to this competition.....and to interest in the NRL really.   With verrrrry few exceptions, so far all tipsters this week are picking the same 8 team winners.  Is this par for the course in the NRL after 4 rounds, or is this kind of a "fluke" fixtures week?  OH, and good luck to everyone.

7 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Just an observation as a newbie to this competition.....and to interest in the NRL really.   With verrrrry few exceptions, so far all tipsters this week are picking the same 8 team winners.  Is this par for the course in the NRL after 4 rounds, or is this kind of a "fluke" fixtures week?  OH, and good luck to everyone.

It's fluke fixtures combined with the fact that there are probably only 6 legitimate contenders this year and some very weak teams. If you look at the ladder positions of the combatants in this round, the only close games are Tigers v Cows and Titans v Knights. Even in these 2 the choices are fairly clear. The Cows have a terrible win record in Sydney and the Tigers played reasonably well last week. The Knights lost key players last week while the Titans have a full-strength team. 

Then there's the home game bias. "If two teams are roughly equal, tip the home team" is standard tipping procedure and this week, the home teams line up with the superior ladder positions - except the Storm v Dogs where nobody could seriously tip the Dogs.

That's how I see it.

A quick addendum re: Cows record in Sydney: The Cows have won 1/12 at Leichhardt and that win was in 2000

WINNERS - Rabbitohs, Warriors, Panthers, Titans, Storm, Roosters, Tigers, Dragons.

TOTAL POINTS - 338

HOME WINS - 6

POLL - Titans v Knights 

POLL: Eels v Dragons

WINNERS

Souths

Warriors

Panthers

Titans

Storm

Roosters

Tigers

Eels

HOME: 7

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

9 hours ago, Farmduck said:

It's fluke fixtures combined with the fact that there are probably only 6 legitimate contenders this year and some very weak teams. If you look at the ladder positions of the combatants in this round, the only close games are Tigers v Cows and Titans v Knights. Even in these 2 the choices are fairly clear. The Cows have a terrible win record in Sydney and the Tigers played reasonably well last week. The Knights lost key players last week while the Titans have a full-strength team. 

Then there's the home game bias. "If two teams are roughly equal, tip the home team" is standard tipping procedure and this week, the home teams line up with the superior ladder positions - except the Storm v Dogs where nobody could seriously tip the Dogs.

That's how I see it.

A quick addendum re: Cows record in Sydney: The Cows have won 1/12 at Leichhardt and that win was in 2000

I agree that that there are a fair few fixtures that would be massive upsets if the majority of our tips don't come off.

I do think the Panthers Raiders is not an obvious home win though... I went with the Panthers but I think the Raiders are a good chance.  The Panthers will slip up this year and the Raiders are capable of beating anyone on their day.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

I agree that that there are a fair few fixtures that would be massive upsets if the majority of our tips don't come off.

I do think the Panthers Raiders is not an obvious home win though... I went with the Panthers but I think the Raiders are a good chance.  The Panthers will slip up this year and the Raiders are capable of beating anyone on their day.

Agree but I follow the basic rules of betting on horses and if a horse has won its last 4 and is very consistent on its favourite track and you can only back one, then that's the one.

Home track is only a factor for me where other factors are equal. Both of those teams have only played one other potential top 6 team and both won 12-10 - Raiders beat Sharks and Panthers beat Storm. In assessing form, I rate the Raiders loss to Warriors as good as a win, given the circumstances. But then there's the stark numbers - Panthers 4 wins and only conceding a total of 16 points.

10 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Agree but I follow the basic rules of betting on horses and if a horse has won its last 4 and is very consistent on its favourite track and you can only back one, then that's the one.

Home track is only a factor for me where other factors are equal. Both of those teams have only played one other potential top 6 team and both won 12-10 - Raiders beat Sharks and Panthers beat Storm. In assessing form, I rate the Raiders loss to Warriors as good as a win, given the circumstances. But then there's the stark numbers - Panthers 4 wins and only conceding a total of 16 points.

Fair enough. Its definitely the game I am looking forward to the most this week though.

On 07/04/2021 at 11:37, Graham said:

If you think you might struggle you could do them in advance and message them to me. Having said that I use mobile data when on holiday so have access to the site wherever. Holiday? For me t’will be a staycation most likely this year.

Ah my Italy loving friend, just close your eyes.

Luciano Pavarotti & Meat Loaf - Come Back to Sorrento (Torna a Sorrento) Live(HQ) - YouTube

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

• Graham changed the title to NRL Tipping Competition Round 5 2021 In Progress
On 07/04/2021 at 13:03, barney said:

Poll titans  knights

Knights 

Warriors 

Raiders 

Titans 

Storm

Roosters 

Tigers 

Eels 

Homes 6

Points 303

Sorry Barney I suppose you didn't mean Knights in that first game where they weren't playing. I wasn't able to get to the computer between your posting and kick off of the round so i couldn't question you on it.

The sad thing is I am pretty sure you meant to type RABBITOHS... you often do go for them. Hard luck.

Archived