Jump to content

Fri 7th - Sun 9th May: The Betfred Championship Match Thread


Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I remember a line from a film, I went to a boxing match, and an ice hockey game broke out.

Remember, we are RUGBY LEAGUE fans, not violence fans like York & Featherstone.

Sorry, where did you get violent fans from?

I was on about the players and most certainly not violent players either. 

  • Confused 1

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Toulouse have just announced they've signed Tony Gigot.

Where did you see that?

Toulouse have been pretty ruthless getting rid of "troublesome" players in the past, no matter how talented, so it's a bit of a strange signing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, damp squib said:

Where did you see that?

Toulouse have been pretty ruthless getting rid of "troublesome" players in the past, no matter how talented, so it's a bit of a strange signing.

Toulouse tweeted it themselves

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Decent game so far at the Keepmoat, Batley dominating possession and territory and getting quite a few repeat sets, but Sheffield's defence doing well. 0-4 after 23 minutes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Toulouse have just announced they've signed Tony Gigot.

Who would have believed it - the two players at Wembley on that special day in 2018 who held up the two pieces of silver Casty as captain and Gigot the Lance Todd - now back together. Exciting times

  • Like 2

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sheffield E 18 Batley 30 FT. Cracking last try to clinch it for Batley. Tom Gilmore MotM for me. Can't see him wanting to stay at Batley for longer than this season, but he looks to be in very good form and able to make good use of a dominant pack. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Batley are on fire! Looking good for a play off spot, hope the form continues. 

 

Really good competitive game Thackeray & Worrincey for the Eagles against Gilmore & Hooley for the Dogs. Just what you want to see on TV Friday night

  • Like 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Sorry, where did you get violent fans from?

I was on about the players and most certainly not violent players either. 

I meant no offence to either team, or supporters. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The option to buy a weekend pass for £20 or a day pass for £15 for the Championship seems to have been removed now that League 1 has returned, and instead all that seems to be on offer as a package is £30 for a pass for both divisions.

That's very short-sighted I'd say, a 50% jump in price to watch a lot of League 1 games that many fans of Championship teams won't watch (if only because of time constraints) is a bit daft as I think that price will put plenty of people off.

They really need to reconsider that (or put it right if it's an oversight).

Have you told them?

I have, by the way, and don't know what effect it might have but if sufficient people contact them then they may change.

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Have you told them?

I have, by the way, and don't know what effect it might have but if sufficient people contact them then they may change.

No, what is the email address to contact them with?

I have paid £20 for a weekend pass in the past, but £30 is a lot when you don't know how many games you'll end up getting the chance to watch, especially as making a late decision to watch a game when you find you have the time to watch it costs £10 rather than £5. I suspect I'll just end up watching my own team's game this weekend.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

No, what is the email address to contact them with?

I have paid £20 for a weekend pass in the past, but £30 is a lot when you don't know how many games you'll end up getting the chance to watch, especially as making a late decision to watch a game when you find you have the time to watch it costs £10 rather than £5. I suspect I'll just end up watching my own team's game this weekend.

It's hidden away on the website so I will save you the digging: ourleaguefeedback@rfl.uk.com

 

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It's hidden away on the website so I will save you the digging: ourleaguefeedback@rfl.uk.com

 

Done.

It's interesting that for next week their £30 package includes games up to and including Mon 17th May as featherstone have already stated their game on the Monday won't be broadcast.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Done.

It's interesting that for next week their £30 package includes games up to and including Mon 17th May as featherstone have already stated their game on the Monday won't be broadcast.

I believe that Sky won't permit broadcasts on that date thanks to their transmission of the Warrington game on the same evening.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I believe that Sky won't permit broadcasts on that date thanks to their transmission of the Warrington game on the same evening.

From the Fev website:
"We reviewed the option to broadcast the game in consultation with Oldham.  Owing to other rugby league broadcast arrangements that same evening, we were only able to broadcast the game if we rescheduled to a 6pm kick off.  Both Featherstone and Oldham agreed that as part time clubs, we were'nt able to commit to that kick off time.  The game will therefore not be broadcast but audio commentary will be broadcast via Rovers TV"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Have you told them?

I have, by the way, and don't know what effect it might have but if sufficient people contact them then they may change.

Got a reply. The answer's no but at least they replied promptly, and on a Saturday too.

Unfortunately not. The prices will remain for the next two weekends at £30 for a weekend package which includes all Champs and L1.

Apologies if this is frustrating it is the agreement that has been made with all clubs whilst we navigate through the remaining weekends before fans return in stadium.



  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Havenfan10 said:

Oldham 4 Haven 6 ht. 

Slightly against the run of play, I'd say. Not the best of conditions, definitely going to be a question of who makes the fewest mistakes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...