Challenge Cup semi-final Draw

22 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I see you don't enjoy football any more than you do rugby. There was a lot to enjoy about that ending and the emotion on show, and not just Chelsea being denied an equaliser that would have stood if common sense was allowed to apply.

If you cannot enjoy something with some sort of proper organised purpose and decorum then i think its fair to complain about it.

Further off topic I've read since that 2 Leicester players were flying Palestinian flags.  Irrespective of political views if we start encouraging that we degenerate into political campaigning

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/05/2021 at 19:07, Clogiron said:

If it's been chosen because it can stage three games why haven't they used it when no crowd's were allowed, seems strange logic or normal for RL should that be.

It’s almost as if Super League wanted to keep Super League games at Super League venues in 2020. And, as if that wasn’t outrageous enough, they wanted the two neutral rounds in 2021 to be hosted at venues that were well practiced and well versed in the Covid regulations. 

On 13/05/2021 at 11:17, Clogiron said:

so Headingley is the only ground of any size the game has first claim on.

I promise I’m not trying to tip you over the edge, but you do realise that Leeds will, to a certain extent, work their fixtures around cricket? And that, just as RL fixtures are worked around football fixtures, the football fixtures work around RL fixtures in exactly the same manner when it comes to the following season.

Taking the above in to account, although Headingley has hosted a number of BCD fixtures, it likely wouldn’t have been an available venue for the semi final due to the Yorkshire v Sussex game in the County Championship. I’m unsure whether the cricket would have complicated the dressing room situation, but it certainly would have ruled out using the cricket side turnstiles. There was a Leeds v Wigan cup game in 2010 that was reduced to a 10,000 capacity because of a Roses cricket game with the north side of the ground out of action. Throw in social distancing practicalities and you’d be looking at a pretty minuscule capacity with minimal corporate facilities. 

On 13/05/2021 at 11:34, RP London said:

The one mentioned here was not why Leigh cannot play at home but why, in a global pandemic and in unprecedented times, the LSV cannot stage triple headers and full weekends of fixtures.. and until it was just mentioned I am sure you hadnt lost a moments sleep over it.

Indeed. You’d have thought that the accusation of being unable to host a triple header would be dispelled by, well, actually hosting a triple header, but obviously not 😂

2 hours ago, M j M said:

Strange is it not how they ever get people to attend cricket matches if Lancashire barely exists.

Of course Lancashire exsists stop being silly. 

The cricket is also the top team in the area and the pinacle of the game in the area. Also The cricket team isnt a rep team of the best players from Lancashire

Stop living in the past and embrace the future

11 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Whoever wins the Challenge Cup, I hope it is produced and presented with some class.   However after today I think the omens are not good.

We'll be fine, however it is done, not least because you never see waiting around after the Grand Final like there was after yesterday's FA Cup final. It's example where soccer could learn from us.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 12/05/2021 at 19:09, Harry Stottle said:

Dav lives in or very close to Whithaven Rob.

Maybe he does mate, I don't particularly care, he's certainly a Wigan fan though, of that there is no doubt.

I asked him to explain his "early excuses" comment and he either can't or won't.

In my experience he's one of the worst trolls on here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

14 hours ago, yipyee said:

Hardly being pedantic, not a single pro club in lancashire so why continue using that terminology.

I dont see myself as a lancastrian as I am sure most under the age of 50 wont which is why roses games are dead and will never work

Because every person on this forum understands what people are referring to when they talk of "Lancashire" and "Yorkshire" clubs for geographical purposes.

7 hours ago, meast said:

Because every person on this forum understands what people are referring to when they talk of "Lancashire" and "Yorkshire" clubs for geographical purposes.

Stupid stance, wonder if people in Germany still refer to it as east and west 🙄

21 hours ago, yipyee said:

Hardly.

While we still have Yorkshire v Lancashire teams in cricket and folk proudly claiming they were born in either of the two counties, it's completely understandable that certain parts of the boundaries still exist, even if only in people's imagination.

8 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Hardly.

While we still have Yorkshire v Lancashire teams in cricket and folk proudly claiming they were born in either of the two counties, it's completely understandable that certain parts of the boundaries still exist, even if only in people's imagination.

Lancashire still exsists though doesnt it, there are no pro rugby teams there though.

Manchester utd dont play in Manchester but they are a long established brand. Trying to pretend Lancashire represents an area it doesnt anymore especially after years of dormance is nieve at best.

I actually think a county championship would be great for the game but with modern county lines.

I would prefer this over half the nonesense we get to see.

Merseyside

Cheshire

Lancashire

GM

Cumbria

Tyne & wear 

Durham

Northumberland

North Wales

South Wales (if thats the split the WRL would like)

Etc...

Would be a great competition if done like the nations league in soccer.. (oh and Lancashire wouldnt be in the top competition because they have very few fully pro players, Josh Jones from the top of my head)

6 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Lancashire still exsists though doesnt it, there are no pro rugby teams there though.

Manchester utd dont play in Manchester

Re. your first sentence, that's why I said "certain parts of the boundaries still exist, even if only in people's imagination.".

And as regards the second line, sorry but that's pedantry in the extreme.

17 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Manchester utd dont play in Manchester but they are a long established brand. Trying to pretend Lancashire represents an area it doesnt anymore especially after years of dormance is nieve at best.

I actually think a county championship would be great for the game but with modern county lines.

I would prefer this over half the nonesense we get to see.

Merseyside

Cheshire

Lancashire

GM

Cumbria

Tyne & wear 

Durham

Northumberland

North Wales

South Wales (if thats the split the WRL would like)

Etc...

Would be a great competition if done like the nations league in soccer.. (oh and Lancashire wouldnt be in the top competition because they have very few fully pro players, Josh Jones from the top of my head)

Thankfully it's got ###### all to do with you 😉

On 16/05/2021 at 19:05, yipyee said:

They actually do, tbf. 

And as part of their informal survey, I will point out that I was born in 1986, notably after Greater Manchester both became a thing and duly stopped being a thing, and I identify firstly as a Leyther and secondly as a Lancastrian. Then a northerner. Then a drinker. Then not a lot else. And as it’s 2021 if anyone dares question how I identify that then you’re in trouble. 

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

They actually do, tbf. 

And as part of their informal survey, I will point out that I was born in 1986, notably after Greater Manchester both became a thing and duly stopped being a thing, and I identify firstly as a Leyther and secondly as a Lancastrian. Then a northerner. Then a drinker. Then not a lot else. And as it’s 2021 if anyone dares question how I identify that then you’re in trouble. 

Yes 2021 where you can identify as a tree, doesnt mean you are made out of wood..

I know people who identify as Irish but when applying for an irish passport were told they cant get one as they are not irish 😏

38 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Yes 2021 where you can identify as a tree, doesnt mean you are made out of wood..

I know people who identify as Irish but when applying for an irish passport were told they cant get one as they are not irish 😏

It ' wood ' seem part of you is 

The bit between your ears 

Unlike Matt , I was born in Lancashire , and it and I will remain as such until the day I die 

You can argue all you want for whatever petty pedantic reason you want , it won't change things though 

15 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

It ' wood ' seem part of you is 

The bit between your ears 

Unlike Matt , I was born in Lancashire , and it and I will remain as such until the day I die 

You can argue all you want for whatever petty pedantic reason you want , it won't change things though 

I agree you can identify as whatever you like, its the new woke world way. Its fine with me. If you were born in Lancashire even better as you have a bona fida reason to identify as a lancastrian.

My point is that the younger and future audiances of RL will not identify as Lancastrian and if there ever was a SOO roses brought back not only will people not qualify, most players wont even want to qualify. I know how proud the yorkshire folk are of being white rose but for most this side of the divide all that has been spoilt when westminster seperated the ports from the farmland and factories to create a hotchpotch of counties.

Very much divide and conquer

On 16/05/2021 at 20:05, yipyee said:

actually they do.  Particularly the Ossis (former east germans).

Both sides have some comical stereotypes of each other, which allows them to perpetuate the divide in their minds.

Younger people (born post reunification) would do so much less I imagine.

Archived