Folau joins Southport Tigers

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Sounds like a club in the North West Men’s League Division Three. He’d probably look more at home against Widnes Tigers and Haresfinch A in all honesty. 

It does sound like that I agree, but they are probably better than teams in the English championship TBF.

League 1 in England would be like bush footy over there.

Good to see him back playing, considering his great talent, shame it’s at such a low level though. For the record I fall into at least two of the groups who he thinks are going to hell, but it doesn’t bother me. 

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Good to see him back playing, considering his great talent, shame it’s at such a low level though. For the record I fall into at least two of the groups who he thinks are going to hell, but it doesn’t bother me. 

Blimey, a sensible post. Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be people commenting shortly, looking to be offended on your behalf.

I don't get why the article keeps referring to him getting back to playing league, as if hasn't just spent last season at Les Dracs

18 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Only took another 10 mins 

His comments are his own and as a believer in free speech I’ll advocate for him to be allowed to say them however abhorrent they are.

Its all the unnecessary circus and negative publicity that he brings to a club that puts me off. Especially at 32 years of age.

3 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

It does sound like that I agree, but they are probably better than teams in the English championship TBF.

League 1 in England would be like bush footy over there.

Wrong, as ever.

1 hour ago, Hughsehhh said:

Blimey, a sensible post. Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be people commenting shortly, looking to be offended on your behalf.

I see you have got your reaction to people posting their opinions in before they post their opinions.  Sound tactic, makes you appear very wise.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Championship would be equivalent to the Queensland cup. Maybe the Queensland cup and NSW cup are slightly of higher quality.

league 1 similar to Sydney shield?

Nonsense. Sorry.

Do you honestly think that Leigh (who are not even in the Champ) would win the Qld Cup????

They'd get humiliated.

4 hours ago, jacobus said:

Is he still registered with them?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

OK. But they aren't even in the Championship!

QLD cup is levels above the Championship.

PNG had a core of guys scattered about the QLD cup and they thrashed "Great Britain" ffs.

You brought up Leigh marra.

Justin olam, alex Johnston, rhyse Martin and David mead are well above Queensland cup level and players like Gebe and Ipape will be starring in the NRL next year for sure.

PNG thanks to the hunters have drastically improved.

3 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

You brought up Leigh marra.

Justin olam, alex Johnston, rhyse Martin and David mead are well above Queensland cup level and players like Gebe and Ipape will be starring in the NRL next year for sure.

PNG thanks to the hunters have drastically improved.

Aye, but you said Championship is equivalent to QLD cup - I was simply pointing out that is nonsense, and there are SuperLeague teams who wouldn't win the QLD cup.

Toulouse are thrashing everyone in the Championship by 60 or 70 points. It is miles below the level of SuperLeague. 

2 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Aye, but you said Championship is equivalent to QLD cup - I was simply pointing out that is nonsense, and there are SuperLeague teams who wouldn't win the QLD cup.

Toulouse are thrashing everyone in the Championship by 60 or 70 points. It is miles below the level of SuperLeague. 

There are teams in super league who wouldn’t win the Queensland cup just like there are teams in the NRL that wouldn’t win super league.

Thats sport. There’s weak/weaker teams in every competition.

33 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I see you have got your reaction to people posting their opinions in before they post their opinions.  Sound tactic, makes you appear very wise.

Just be honest, you've got your knickers in a twist that Eddie is one of the people you wish to patronise by speaking for, on their behalf, when he's clearly stated he's not bothered by Folau's comments and is able to make an objective opinion regardless

Archived