George Williams Not Going Back To Wigan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/06/2021 at 08:02, Just Browny said:

What, because he hasn't been announced for anyone in the 2.5 weeks since he agreed to leave Canberra? Internet generation really does have no attention span. 

No, because we are told Widdop is staying at Warrington. So presumably it'll have to be Flakey Blake who moves on.

42 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Who are the wire marquee signings? it implies Austin at which point you only need him to leave to make room in the cap if williams comes in as a marquee signing as its a set rate that counts. But i though it was widdop and inglis at which point its full salary which is different kettle of fish. 

5 minutes ago, RP London said:

Who are the wire marquee signings? it implies Austin at which point you only need him to leave to make room in the cap if williams comes in as a marquee signing as its a set rate that counts. But i though it was widdop and inglis at which point its full salary which is different kettle of fish. 

I highly doubt Inglis would be a marquee, coming out of retirement to sign. I would guess at Austin and Widdop. 

11 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I highly doubt Inglis would be a marquee, coming out of retirement to sign. I would guess at Austin and Widdop. 

Correct. Inglis isn’t on much in relative terms. Not sure whether he might have a deal to do with merchandise separate to his salary.

22 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

so really they need to lose austin and bring in williams.. all the other movement suggested by the website has nothing to do with cap space... granted it would help the wage bill, but not the cap space. 

9 minutes ago, RP London said:

so really they need to lose austin and bring in williams.. all the other movement suggested by the website has nothing to do with cap space... granted it would help the wage bill, but not the cap space. 

Or Widdop, whose already linked to Australia because his family, I believe, have gone back home. 

10 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Or Widdop, whose already linked to Australia because his family, I believe, have gone back home. 

yes, was just going by what serious about rl had in its gossip. 

Dont know how easy it is for widdop to go back mid season.

1 hour ago, RP London said:

Inglis a marquee 😂

More of a pop up tent.

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Inglis a marquee 😂

More of a pop up tent.

If we took all the "Marquee signings" that super league has had and started a "marquee rental business" we would be better off pitching it at DofE expeditions than weddings for sure!

1 hour ago, RP London said:

Williams and Widdop a good fit, and a good fit for England.

43 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Inglis a marquee 😂

More of a pop up tent.

a loan to Leigh? 

My question is, where are Wigan going to get their top quality  hooker from?   In past experience he would get injured in the Locker Cup.

5 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

a loan to Leigh? 

My question is, where are Wigan going to get their top quality  hooker from?   In past experience he would get injured in the Locker Cup.

With Radlinski in charge of recruitment either a championship journeyman or a NSW Cup nobody.

14 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

With Radlinski in charge of recruitment either a championship journeyman or a NSW Cup nobody.

We did buy Burgess who got injured.   French has been good, but is injured.  Field got injured in his first game.  We ran with 4 wingers, but let's be fair we could not afford all that.  The 2 remaining ones promptly got injured.

49 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

We did buy Burgess who got injured.   French has been good, but is injured.  Field got injured in his first game.  We ran with 4 wingers, but let's be fair we could not afford all that.  The 2 remaining ones promptly got injured.

Burgess had been carrying that hip injury well before Wigan signed him,French turned into a good signing but Field was a NSW Cup nobody,we’ve also signed the likes of Clark,Hankinson,Singleton and are heavily linked with 2 Leigh players and a Manly reject from London Broncos none of which are good enough.

8 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Burgess had been carrying that hip injury well before Wigan signed him,French turned into a good signing but Field was a NSW Cup nobody,we’ve also signed the likes of Clark,Hankinson,Singleton and are heavily linked with 2 Leigh players and a Manly reject from London Broncos none of which are good enough.

Hankinson got an injury a nasty eye injury and kicked shedloads of goals when he had a chance, but at that time there was going to be a reserve competition if you remember.  No point moaning about Field, he got injured in his first game.  Have you noticed the concept of a salary cap, we produce quality players and their agents suddenly say they need to test them in the NRL. 

2 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Hankinson got an injury a nasty eye injury and kicked shedloads of goals when he had a chance, but at that time there was going to be a reserve competition if you remember.  No point moaning about Field, he got injured in his first game.  Have you noticed the concept of a salary cap, we produce quality players and their agents suddenly say they need to test them in the NRL. 

Cap management is Radlinski’s job,one he does poorly 

Wigan have “allowed” several players in their prime to leave mid contract,often for fees and then gotten back shadows of the players who left,the clubs whole player retention/recruitment policy has been deeply flawed for years.

34 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Cap management is Radlinski’s job,one he does poorly 

Wigan have “allowed” several players in their prime to leave mid contract,often for fees and then gotten back shadows of the players who left,the clubs whole player retention/recruitment policy has been deeply flawed for years.

I don't agree with your logic at all.

I think in terms of the player movement at Warrington, we have plenty out of contract and a new coach coming in, so was always going to be plenty of comings and goings.

Realistically the only players that can move to leave us cap space for Williams for 2021 is Austin or Widdop.

The moves for Lineham, Hill and Mamo will be for 2022, Mamo needs first team rugby, which he can't be certain of at Warrington, Hill will probably be considering a move to Leigh as well, it will depend on the length of contract he can get I imagine given he is 34 at the end of this year, but much improved 2021 from him now he has had the captaincy taken off him.  Lineham.... time to go, decent finisher and gets through some work, but probably on a decent contract and spends too much time suspended - not sure his attitude is a great one either for a club looking to get to the holy grail of a Grand Final win.

Archived