Heady Days at Stade Gilbert Brutus

Who would have believed it. 3 weekends and Catalans are still on top. Ten games and just one loss. They've won every league game across the Channel.

In 2008 they finished 3rd under Mick Potter in his last year there after taking them to Wembley the year before.  In that following year the Dragons only won half of the first 10 games.

There next best finish was in 2012 in Trent Robinson's second year taking 4th place. Here they won 7 of their first ten games.

Today Steve McNamara's side has bettered both taking nine successes. He was under scrutiny pre-season letting go four prop forwards including their iconic skipper. Possibily now  changing tack giving more young French players their say. Mourgue in the 17 each week now. He played his first game in 2018 and the following year just 2 appearances. Three quarter Laguerre debuted this year with 4 games so far and Joe Chan played one game in the Cup against Warrington. They now have 6 apprentices as part of their Super League group with Rouge and Franco added recently after their time with St Esteve in Elite 1.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

I don't mind putting my hand up and saying I have been keen to get a more attacking and flair based coach and playing style for the Dragons. 

Have a look back through the posts on our website... That view has been in since before the Challenge Cup final win!

Are we the real deal in 2021?

I really hope so. I hope that being done over by Folau and having to generally blood a few more local lads galvanises us. 

But I wouldn't be surprised if that soft underbelly doesn't come back at some point and when we least expect it !

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

I'm surprised how the defence has improved so much since the defence coach left! 😂 

They did well enough last night. There wasn't a lot going on for the Cas attack and when there was there still wasn't a lot going on. 

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

3 hours ago, audois said:

Who would have believed it. 3 weekends and Catalans are still on top. Ten games and just one loss. They've won every league game across the Channel.

In 2008 they finished 3rd under Mick Potter in his last year there after taking them to Wembley the year before.  In that following year the Dragons only won half of the first 10 games.

Of course @The Rocket, how could we have forgotten the success of Mick Potter in that other thread. 

No offence to Saints intended.

3 hours ago, jacobus said:

Are we the real deal in 2021?

Even if it all falls apart from now on, and because of how it seems at this moment, it'll still be a resounding yes!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

10 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

There were some who wanted McNamara out before a game had been played this year. He and Catalans have really pushed on from getting within eighty minutes of the Grand Final last year. They’re a dangerous side to face. 

Good job for the english he has a his a history of bottling semis!

Worth remember too though 2009 under Kevin Walters they were 80 minutes away from Old Trafford losing to Leeds at Headingly (20-27) and ditto under Laurent Frayssinous losing to St Helens in 2014 at Lantree Park (12-30)

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Archived