Jump to content

Featherstone (A)


Wakefield Ram
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 20/08/2021 at 15:28, Wakefield Ram said:

https://www.rugby-league.com/match-centre/match-preview/20192

Apparently, Finn has made a miraculous recovery from a broken thumb and is in 18. No Speakman or Day and not enough forwards. 

Joe Martin not in the list, nor Michael Knowles again. 

Edited by Crown Flatter
Legs, Dews, Legs.
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Firstly a massive thank you to the RFL for granting special dispensation for us this week regarding loan players to get this fixture on by doubling the loan player quota🤔

Secondly Catalans Dragons for the

1 week loan of 

Matthieu Lagurre

Sam Tomkins

James Maloney

Mickael Goudemand

Arthur Mourgue

Also massive thank you to Warrington for loaning for one game

Jake Mamo

George Williams

Daryl Clark

Matty Ashton

Matt Davis

Amazing what 2 phone calls can achieve when coaches are desperate to get their players game time after a cancellation 

 Sunday can't wait 🤔🤔🤔

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, distantdog said:

Haven't SL just reiterated that there will be P/R at the end of this season? 

I hope you are correct.But just noticing the fev.loan players could well be playing against the rams on sunday-after one match-any thing could happen.Crowds  in football massively up after a year away,RL even in sooper dooper league  and the debacle of the world cup {which should have gone ahead} a mere trickle. i wonder why.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, silcoates said:

I hope you are correct.But just noticing the fev.loan players could well be playing against the rams on sunday-after one match-any thing could happen.Crowds  in football massively up after a year away,RL even in sooper dooper league  and the debacle of the world cup {which should have gone ahead} a mere trickle. i wonder why.

 

Why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, coolie said:

Firstly a massive thank you to the RFL for granting special dispensation for us this week regarding loan players to get this fixture on by doubling the loan player quota🤔

Secondly Catalans Dragons for the

1 week loan of 

Matthieu Lagurre

Sam Tomkins

James Maloney

Mickael Goudemand

Arthur Mourgue

Also massive thank you to Warrington for loaning for one game

Jake Mamo

George Williams

Daryl Clark

Matty Ashton

Matt Davis

Amazing what 2 phone calls can achieve when coaches are desperate to get their players game time after a cancellation 

 Sunday can't wait 🤔🤔🤔

That's increased the possibility of a Dewsbury win. Also it could increase the number of visiting fans😂

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, coolie said:

I'll be there 🤔😜😜😜

Picking up the players balls no doubt...

  • Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/08/2021 at 16:20, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not disagreeing, because normally such short-term loans are farcical, but I think it has had to be this way this year.

Even a club with a big squad such as Fev have barely been able to field 17 some weeks because of Covid and injuries. So if say a 1 month minimum loan period applied, I doubt anyone would ever get loaned out for fear of not having 17 players each week, and that would lead to more matches being cancelled.

Maybe Fergie was always likely to be a 1 week loan for the Rams if Fev suffered another injury (ie Harrison) but if he and Beckett made the difference between the Widnes game being on and off, maybe that was the lesser of two evils.

Yes, the reasoning can be justified. It could call into question the eventual table though if it had been unduly influenced by one game loans for certain clubs. This could be particularly galling for relegated clubs.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yes, the reasoning can be justified. It could call into question the eventual table though if it had been unduly influenced by one game loans for certain clubs. This could be particularly galling for relegated clubs.

It just shows what a mockery this season has been, featherstone recall players... And in the same week send out players on loan, York have had a revolving door fitted for their loan players as they slip in then slip out, Bradford's selective loan recruitment is testamony why bright house collapsed 🤣🤣

Even more baffling beckett & Ferguson (sound like a 60's pop duo) could score against the team they scored for last week.. Get your head around that one, toulouse will win the league winning only half their games, featherstone will come second only losing 1 game in 20 odd games.. The mind boggles 

 

 

And who says comedy is dead eh 🤔🤔🤔🤔

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LeagueConvert said:

Can l pay on the gate tomorrow does anyone lnow please?

Pretty sure you can - need to go to the ticket hut and buy a ticket there first. You should see it in front of you across the car park at the Post Office Rd end as you walk in (ask the car park attendant if unsure but there's likely to be a queue just to the right of it where you get your ticket scanned to gain entry)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Pretty sure you can - need to go to the ticket hut and buy a ticket there first. You should see it in front of you across the car park at the Post Office Rd end as you walk in (ask the car park attendant if unsure but there's likely to be a queue just to the right of it where you get your ticket scanned to gain entry)

Nice one thanks...bit of a drive from widnes if l cant lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LeagueConvert said:

Nice one thanks...bit of a drive from widnes if l cant lol

If you want to be certain could always buy online (think it's 25p admin charge but save £2 on price before midnight) 

https://rovers.mysportstickets.co.uk/events/home/Dewsbury_Rams_795

Hope the M62 is quiet and you have a safe and enjoyable trip

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Well done dews for not giving up.... even in the most desperate of circumstances.

Well done to the dews support. Few in numbers but applauded their team to the end.

It's a tough old game.

They stifled our attack for the first twenty minutes in the second half but games can run away with you in this modern version without scrums to slow the game down. Their supporters few in number but stayed to the end to applaud them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

All credit to the Rams supportes ,its hard going to a match when you know you are going to get hammered ( we've all been there lol ).

I remember a 40-0 defeat there only too well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...