Jump to content

Newcastle (H)


Wakefield Ram
 Share

Recommended Posts


32 minutes ago, coolie said:

Sooner the better mate

Need a bit of a rebuild for next season

  • Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Need a bit of a rebuild for next season

Need the game to get back to "traditional rugby league" 

This hybrid game is no good for some coaches

Watched the Wigan vs Leeds game last night, uninspired dross, games on its buttend its like 9's with 13 players, some teams have adapted well, other teams have not, and if I hear Robert Hicks whine "6 again" I'll be in the yellow pages looking for hit men lol

Let's get the season over.. 

And back to normality please ūü§Ēūü§Ē

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, coolie said:

Need the game to get back to "traditional rugby league" 

This hybrid game is no good for some coaches

Watched the Wigan vs Leeds game last night, uninspired dross, games on its buttend its like 9's with 13 players, some teams have adapted well, other teams have not, and if I hear Robert Hicks whine "6 again" I'll be in the yellow pages looking for hit men lol

Let's get the season over.. 

And back to normality please ūü§Ēūü§Ē

Too fast for all your old fellas??

  • Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, distantdog said:

It's going OK for some! And I notice some Dewsbury supporters are getting some enjoyment out of York's woes this season!

I'm not.York is a fantastic city. Great new ground.I could see them in sooper dooper league with a big crowd. Put millions into them any day rather than London - new york-timbuctoo.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So l have just had a look at the Thunder website and all they are pushing isthe game against York. The cynic in me suspects they have little intention ofplaying this week.

Or alternatively they consider it highly likely they will beat us, and are moving on to push the York game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, myview said:

So l have just had a look at the Thunder website and all they are pushing isthe game against York. The cynic in me suspects they have little intention ofplaying this week.

Or alternatively they consider it highly likely they will beat us, and are moving on to push the York game.

We have announced our 18 man squad for sundays game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On twitter they've posted their 18 man squad.  https://mobile.twitter.com/ThunderRugby

And ours with Knowles, Day and Beckett in the squad so with Butterworth and Speakman  3 hookers and Finn, Dean and Smith so 3 half backs.

https://www.rugby-league.com/match-centre/match-preview/20198

Edited by Wakefield Ram
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

On twitter they've posted their 18 man squad.  https://mobile.twitter.com/ThunderRugby

And ours with Knowles, Day and Beckett in the squad so with Butterworth and Speakman  3 hookers and Finn, Dean and Smith so 3 half backs.

https://www.rugby-league.com/match-centre/match-preview/20198

Sykes and Martin too, so four half backs. I wonder who will be in the 17?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Sykes and Martin too, so four half backs. I wonder who will be in the 17?

To be fair Joe Martin is a full back and so Matty Fleming and Sykes in at centre? My guess and I assume Finn hasn't recovered from his broken thumb that quickly is

Martin      

Gabriel. 

Sykes 

Fleming 

Oakes 

Smith 

Dean 

Garratt 

Speakman 

Beckett

Thornton 

Stevens

Knowles 

Subs:

Day / Butterworth

Schofield 

AN Other

AN Other 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

To be fair Joe Martin is a full back and so Matty Fleming and Sykes in at centre? My guess and I assume Finn hasn't recovered from his broken thumb that quickly is

Martin      

Gabriel. 

Sykes 

Fleming 

Oakes 

Smith 

Dean 

Garratt 

Speakman 

Beckett

Thornton 

Stevens

Knowles 

Subs:

Day / Butterworth

Schofield 

AN Other

AN Other 

When does Sykes 1 match ban for "interfering" with a ref apply?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

When does Sykes 1 match ban for "interfering" with a ref apply?

Sheffield (A), and it was colliding - you are getting it confused up with your daydreams again.

  • Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the sun will be shining (or it won't be raining - same thing) and we will be looking towards a feast of attacking RL.

Rams 25 - 18 Thunder

FTS: Oakes

Att: 725

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/08/2021 at 15:31, Blind side johnny said:

Sykes and Martin too, so four half backs. I wonder who will be in the 17?

Gotta stick with Dean and Smith for me.   I know we’ll lose Dean next season but need to start preparing Smith now.   Sykes back in centre please. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we should keep Smith and Dean in the halves, Sykes and Fleming as centres and Speakman as hooker, with Day coming on at an opportune moment. I feel a touch of confidence in me to suggest winning pay again for all of us.
 

Dewsbury 19-16 Newcastle 

FTS: Dean

MoM: Day

Att: 640

They will have to do it without me being there though.

Legs, Dews, Legs.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the poorest performances that I have seen in a long, long time against a decent side, but nothing special. They did the basics whilst we looked like a pub team (apologies to any pub teams reading this).

Dropped balls and hopelessly misdirected passes (how many sets did we complete - any?) coupled with truly woeful defence was just depressing. We started of with a poor crowd and I reckon that half of the Dewsbury contingent had left with 20 minutes remaining.

If Oldham beat Widnes next week a few of us, probably very few at that, will need to be programming some news grounds into our sat-navs for next season.

  • Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So l have sat here tonight watching the comments barating players for such a woeful performance. REALITY CHECK... Newcastle, whilst not a great team, are full time and have been for some time now. whilst l agree that to go in at half time 25-4 down is not great, the performance in the second half was much more encouraging. 18-22 in the second half is far from woeful. ln fact it was encouraging. The issue us simple. We play such a structured game that Newcastle knew every move we called. when we started to open up and got more creative they couldnt handle it. 

Give the lads a break. Do you think they go out there to lose?? There was enough there today to suggest that improvements are being made. Recruitment is now the key.  The point has already been made that Dewsbury have not announced any signings for next year. How do you think the players feel....??? Some have fanilies and need security, for some, they are on oay as you play deals but turn up for training 3 times a week with no guarentee of being selected. Very difficult if it your only source of income. Nobody revels in the current situation. There will be changes next year, that is inevitable. Lets not hang the current group out to dry in what has been an exhausting and demanding season. A bit if support goes a long way.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LeagueConvert said:

So l have sat here tonight watching the comments barating players for such a woeful performance. REALITY CHECK... Newcastle, whilst not a great team, are full time and have been for some time now. whilst l agree that to go in at half time 25-4 down is not great, the performance in the second half was much more encouraging. 18-22 in the second half is far from woeful. ln fact it was encouraging. The issue us simple. We play such a structured game that Newcastle knew every move we called. when we started to open up and got more creative they couldnt handle it. 

Give the lads a break. Do you think they go out there to lose?? There was enough there today to suggest that improvements are being made. Recruitment is now the key.  The point has already been made that Dewsbury have not announced any signings for next year. How do you think the players feel....??? Some have fanilies and need security, for some, they are on oay as you play deals but turn up for training 3 times a week with no guarentee of being selected. Very difficult if it your only source of income. Nobody revels in the current situation. There will be changes next year, that is inevitable. Lets not hang the current group out to dry in what has been an exhausting and demanding season. A bit if support goes a long way.

They've been FT time since June 1st, not quite 13 weeks...... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LeagueConvert said:

So l have sat here tonight watching the comments barating players for such a woeful performance. REALITY CHECK... Newcastle, whilst not a great team, are full time and have been for some time now. whilst l agree that to go in at half time 25-4 down is not great, the performance in the second half was much more encouraging. 18-22 in the second half is far from woeful. ln fact it was encouraging. The issue us simple. We play such a structured game that Newcastle knew every move we called. when we started to open up and got more creative they couldnt handle it. 

Give the lads a break. Do you think they go out there to lose?? There was enough there today to suggest that improvements are being made. Recruitment is now the key.  The point has already been made that Dewsbury have not announced any signings for next year. How do you think the players feel....??? Some have fanilies and need security, for some, they are on oay as you play deals but turn up for training 3 times a week with no guarentee of being selected. Very difficult if it your only source of income. Nobody revels in the current situation. There will be changes next year, that is inevitable. Lets not hang the current group out to dry in what has been an exhausting and demanding season. A bit if support goes a long way.

I never criticise the effort of the players, training 3 times a week and playing most likely for not very much.

However, the performance yesterday was woeful. Newcastle are a capable team, but not a team who should be putting 43 points past us at home. 

I have supported Dewsbury for nearly 50 years and this season ranks as one of the worst not just in terms of results but in terms of depressing and even boring performances. Many games have been like watching a car crash as we help the opposition win through giving away easy penalties, poor handling and an inability to score.

Recruitment is key but which players will want to join a team likely to be fighting relegation again next season?

I have no malice towards Lee Greenwood, he seems a decent bloke, I'm sure he's busting a gut for not much money and takes the defeats worse than us fans, but at any other club he'd have gone by now. I don't believe this team is the worst in the Championship, but on current form we are and we are still not safe from relegation.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

I never criticise the effort of the players, training 3 times a week and playing most likely for not very much.

However, the performance yesterday was woeful. Newcastle are a capable team, but not a team who should be putting 43 points past us at home. 

I have supported Dewsbury for nearly 50 years and this season ranks as one of the worst not just in terms of results but in terms of depressing and even boring performances. Many games have been like watching a car crash as we help the opposition win through giving away easy penalties, poor handling and an inability to score.

Recruitment is key but which players will want to join a team likely to be fighting relegation again next season?

I have no malice towards Lee Greenwood, he seems a decent bloke, I'm sure he's busting a gut for not much money and takes the defeats worse than us fans, but at any other club he'd have gone by now. I don't believe this team is the worst in the Championship, but on current form we are and we are still not safe from relegation.

It was pretty clear yesterday the difference full time training gives. I wouldn‚Äôt say conceding 43 points against a full time team is woeful although it not what we want. I would be more concerned if l was a Newcastle fan the way they conceded 18 points to a part time side in 40 minutes. look, we all want to see improvement in the team but that will only happen gradually. Recruitment and retention along with retirements will enable a restructuring of the squad for next year. ¬†I do agree that we need to see some signings news sooner rather than later as that presents many more marketing opportunities and opportunities maybe for some of the ‚Äėnew‚Äô players to engage with fans at a forum or something similar where the player/fan relationship can be built early and interaction can be encouraged.¬†
 

I noticed at featherstone that they had the junior clubs playing as a curtain raiser. This engages kids with the club from a young age and additionally brings in additional revenue to the club too as parents etc could have one free ticket then be charged as normal for any additional…

let’s give the kids a reason to start coming to the games

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was listening to the game on hwd hospital radio although I was not in hospital. When Fleming ran the length of the field to score I was hopeful, - but then when Paul Sykes stepped up to take the goal kick instead of Riley dean who has been kicking very well, - I thought, oh no, here we go again with a big loss. And so it proved until I turned it off at half time. Paul has kicked erratically this season (which can happen) when both Finn and then Dean were more reliable. WHY? To me the team have shown quite a few times that they can compete in one half and fail in the other half. It has become so regular that I do not believe it is just coincidence. ( More like planned) If this is correct then anybody involved should just move on and stop giving the fans false hope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LeagueConvert said:

It was pretty clear yesterday the difference full time training gives. I wouldn‚Äôt say conceding 43 points against a full time team is woeful although it not what we want. I would be more concerned if l was a Newcastle fan the way they conceded 18 points to a part time side in 40 minutes. look, we all want to see improvement in the team but that will only happen gradually. Recruitment and retention along with retirements will enable a restructuring of the squad for next year. ¬†I do agree that we need to see some signings news sooner rather than later as that presents many more marketing opportunities and opportunities maybe for some of the ‚Äėnew‚Äô players to engage with fans at a forum or something similar where the player/fan relationship can be built early and interaction can be encouraged.¬†
 

I noticed at featherstone that they had the junior clubs playing as a curtain raiser. This engages kids with the club from a young age and additionally brings in additional revenue to the club too as parents etc could have one free ticket then be charged as normal for any additional…

let’s give the kids a reason to start coming to the games

 

So, just to be clear, you think that the Newcastle fans on the drive up the A1, should be worrying about the points they conceded rather than celebrating the 43 they scored away from home? 

Edited by distantdog
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...