Elite 1 is back this weekend

Looks very windy, so kicking will be a bit of a lottery.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice dummy'n'dart from the Lezignan player to put them back in front.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

An enjoyable game. Lezignan pull further ahead with another try, converted for 30:16.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

An enjoyable game, played at a good pace, in windy conditions.  Carcassonne became their own worst enemies with some unforced errors late on.

A couple of thoughts.  I really enjoyed the Lezignan try late in the first half, scored following a break on the wing, straight from a scrum.  This is why I welcome the return of scrums in SL next year.  It's up to players and their coaches to be enterprising.

Good to see such clean PTBs.  No gratuitous wrestling by tacklers, no attempt to come off the mark (sideways or forwards) by the player in possession and the ball played with the foot.  Intriguingly, those who managed this included Baitieri and Inu in their first, post-SL game, so clearly it isn't that difficult to do!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Daddy said:

I genuinely think Flovie could do a decent job at a SL club. If I was a club like London or Newcastle I'd definitely show interest 

Thomas Lacans still man of the match ... He has been making good performances for some time.

• Like 2

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

Carcassonne missed Simon and Canet up front. Second half too many handling errors. The Aussie half poor pass in a good position and their  left winger  put down passes close to the line.

Lezignan 30-16 Carcassonne

Albi 20-28 Villeneuve

TO Elite 36-8 St Gaudens

Avignon 42-6 St Esteve

Good to see Villeneuve get their first win. Interesting new comer in Damel Diakhate in the visitors pack ploughed over in style. While flying Albi winger Pedrero scored superbly.    

TO too good for St Gaudens with a hat trick of tries from new comer from Sheffield three-quarter Clarke and promising young winger Depeyre  continues to show up with a pair too. 

Surprise up in Provence with Avignon far too good for the youngsters from St Esteve now not featuring presently the lads who have already moved up into the Dragons set-up.

Edited by audois
  • Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Walid Bouregba was also missing on the Carcassonne side. On the Lézignan side: Marginet injured during the warm-up. Lilian Albert, James Maloney, Sebastien Martins, not to mention the injured for a longer period: Sam Moa, Thimothé Grandjean, Lambert Belmas. And the coach's choices: Arnaud Hack, Franck Maria and Paul Izard.

• Like 1

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

2 hours ago, The Daddy said:

How did the younger Sangare get on against St Gaudens? 

Looks like he came on as a sub.

Bit worrying that St. Gaudens two Aussies have gone home after a couple of weeks - their squad was already looking pretty threadbare, and they have no juniors to call on. 

• Thanks 1

St Gaudens were Elite 1 Champions back in 2004 beating the UTC at Aime Giral 14-10 two years before the latter became Catalans Dragons. The 'Ours' today find themselves in a dark place. They 've done nothing in the intervening years unfortunately.

Until the Pyrenéan club can fiind a way out Elite 1 will presently  will have to go with 8 sides. Two of those are reserve sides from TO-Dragons and these are holding their own. The other six are credible and competitive especially in the Aude.

The Federation were hoping to go to 12 clubs this year but there was no real chance of that happening. Going forward the only one club looking to likely to re-appear are Pia. Villegailhenc are the only Elite 2 along with Pia & Baho still undefeated so far but are for the moment anyway the  reserve side of Carcassonne and I presume would not seek promotion.

The way I see it the situation is changing radically. If you see in the Aude you have the three Elite 1 sides who have links with neighbouring village sides. Lezignan have a resereve side Ferrals playing at 3rd tire level and the latter reserves to 4th tire level at Val D'Orbieu  and  AS Corbieres. Limoux are following  suit with AS Pomas and MJC Razes.

Pia even at Elite 2 are already following suit too with joining up with Salses and St Laurent in the Salanque region. In Provence maybe seeing Avignon linking up with Salon, Carpentras and Entraigues too.

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

33 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Avignon u19s may be pulling out of the league due to lack of players, they called off the home game against the Catalan last week and played with just 13 players the week before, it's worrying times! 

Which again goes back to my thoughts Barnyia that the FFR13 has to focus on assistance for traditional clubs.

All this big city stuff is pointless if traditional clubs are struggling

Paul

Carcassonne v Toulouse Saturday night at 18h30 the u19s game is streamed too on the clubs Facebook page, which shows be a very good game. 

Catalan v Albi Saturday 16h30

Villeneuve v Lézignan at 15h30 streamed on the Villeneuve YouTube channel I think. 

Limoux v Avignon Sunday at 15h probably on the limoux/Stefan bonnery YouTube channel 

All times are French times 

Edited by barnyia
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, barnyia said:

Carcassonne v Toulouse Saturday night at 18h30 the u19s game is streamed too on the clubs Facebook page, which shows be a very good game. 

Catalan v Albi Saturday 16h30

Villeneuve v Lézignan at 15h30 streamed on the Villeneuve YouTube channel I think. 

Limoux v Avignon Sunday at 15h probably on the limoux/Stefan bonnery YouTube channel 

All times are French times 

UK KO Times for the live streams

Saturday 20/11/2021
Facebook at 5:30pm: Carcassonne v Toulouse

Sunday 21/11/2021
Youtube at 2:00pm: Limoux v Avignon
Youtube at 2:30pm: Villeneuve v Lezignan

Ralph Waldo Emerson