Where would you rather live?

22 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Skipton

Bradford or Merthyr Tydfil

You anarchists!

The rule is you take the town that won and compare that to a new town.

In this case, we will compare Skipton to Bradford. We cannot do that, because @Johnoco can confirm they are definately the same place with a Waitrose.

So...

Skipton or Merthyr Tydfil

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 hours ago, Bob8 said:

You anarchists!

The rule is you take the town that won and compare that to a new town.

In this case, we will compare Skipton to Bradford. We cannot do that, because @Johnoco can confirm they are definately the same place with a Waitrose.

So...

Skipton or Merthyr Tydfil

We're actually still at Karlovy Vary or Kalgoorlie if we follow the route taken in the game started at the beginning but it got hijacked a lot quicker than I thought it would. Didn't think it would work too well with a lot of people. Oh well, I'll leave you all to it. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

We're actually still at Karlovy Vary or Kalgoorlie if we follow the route taken in the game started at the beginning but it got hijacked a lot quicker than I thought it would. Didn't think it would work too well with a lot of people. Oh well, I'll leave you all to it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlovy_Vary

Karlovy looks lovely.

But, how would I choose between there and Skipton?

• Haha 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, JohnM said:

I once heard Ilkley described as 'Harrogate for beginners'!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

You could always try South America. Somewhere in the Andes, there must be a Llama Pass.

There's a village in Peru called Llama. Only thing of any note there is a bullring, at least that's all that looked interesting about the place on Google maps....

Would you rather live in Llama or Leigh?? 😁

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

There's a village in Peru called Llama. Only thing of any note there is a bullring, at least that's all that looked interesting about the place on Google maps....

Would you rather live in Llama or Leigh?? 😁

Llama, obviously. At least they've had the common decency to spell it with the Welsh "LL".

• Haha 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

18 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Just up the road from Newark, it takes longer to drive through it than walk through it. The traffic's a sod.

I have a client near there at Hoveringham. For many years, half of Bradford's mixconcrete wagons were run by "Hoveringham Gravels". Given that Bradford currently has a population of ~500,000, when I first went to my client's firm, i asumed that Hoveringham would be a biggish town. It's actually a size equivalent to about two terraced streets in Bradford, and accessed down country lanes. I manage to get lost most times that I go there.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

17 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Llama, obviously. At least they've had the common decency to spell it with the Welsh "LL".

Does Llama have a train station by any chance? 😉

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne