Mon 7 Feb: Ch: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/22 at 20:15

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Just got back , had better visits to Fev , best team won , you can tell they're a year or two together , hopefully we can keep getting wins while we start to become a team , and then still be in with a shout of top 

Pitch did cut up bad , it looked worse at the top of the hill , but that might just be our perspective , what was wrong with the lighting , it was fine from where we were , in fact we thought they'd already had new ones installed  

Bring on the Bulls next week 

The lights at that end are way better.  They're relatively new, installed when the new stands were built.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Just got back , had better visits to Fev , best team won , you can tell they're a year or two together , hopefully we can keep getting wins while we start to become a team , and then still be in with a shout of top 

Pitch did cut up bad , it looked worse at the top of the hill , but that might just be our perspective , what was wrong with the lighting , it was fine from where we were , in fact we thought they'd already had new ones installed  

Bring on the Bulls next week 

More than 1/3 of Fev's 17 weren't at the club last season including 2 in the key positions of half back and hooker (+ both starting centres, full back and a prop) 

Well played Fev. Leighs Aussies just didn't want to be there bar Nene Mcdonald who was probably the only player who caused issues. Still on the beach surfing.WWelcome to Fev! 

Terrible conditions wonderfully played and adapted to by Fev. As a Leigh fan, they deserved 50.

Boy, our 6,7,9, 1 and 13 look bloody clueless! 

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

I don't know but it's only recent and imo they look well, i thought same about the houses behind the sticks but it wouldn't spoil any view lol but may block a bit of light but can't see it being much or probably wouldn't be able to have put them.

Yeah if the residents had issues they'd not be allowed up. 

7 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Just watched the highlights and Featherstone looked very good. 

Ben Reynolds sin binning. What an act of stupidity. 

But at the end of the day Leigh and Featherstone are both getting promoted so academic really.

How come both? 

10 hours ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

Good attendance, Fev. by far the better side. But that pitch??!! Let’s wait and see what happens at the LSV in June and Headingley in July on 2 of the best pitches in the country.

Nothing to do with the pitch Cheadle, if Fev are prepared to throw the ball about like they did in those conditions just think what they will be like on a dry track, they were streets ahead of Leigh in application and ability to keep the ball moving.

Until Leigh get a 6 & 7 who are providers/play makers and not receivers/runners we will struggle when we come up against the better defensive teams, 5 drives in nearly every set is simply not good enough.

As I said earlier in this thread, even though Leigh put 50 on the board last week it was very evident that there was something amiss, it got put down to the player's not knowing each other, that is one part of it but the main thing is we have no one who can guide the team about the field, if last night we could swop Chisholm to the Leigh team we would have witnessed a far different game.

Well well done though Fev they were a joy to watch, can they do a Hull FC of the early 80s and go undefeated in the regular season, on this showing in those conditions they have every chance of doing just that, only complacency could prevent them.

10 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Just watched the highlights and Featherstone looked very good. 

Ben Reynolds sin binning. What an act of stupidity. 

But at the end of the day Leigh and Featherstone are both getting promoted so academic really.

Wonder who everyone predicts to go down with Toulouse now then ?.

10 hours ago, Just Browny said:

It is. Some of our Leigh friends on here were quite adamant the TV coverage on a Monday night would kill crowds.

I may be one of those you are referring to, but what I said was it would effect the number of traveling Leigh fans, any Fev fan who has attended recent encounters at POR will agree with that.

10 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Well played Fev. Leighs Aussies just didn't want to be there bar Nene Mcdonald who was probably the only player who caused issues. Still on the beach surfing.WWelcome to Fev! 

Terrible conditions wonderfully played and adapted to by Fev. As a Leigh fan, they deserved 50.

Boy, our 6,7,9, 1 and 13 look bloody clueless! 

I do wonder why we've ended up with Smith , basically I could do what he does 

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

I may be one of those you are referring to, but what I said was it would effect the number of traveling Leigh fans, any Fev fan who has attended recent encounters at POR will agree with that.

In truth Harry , I'm fine with Monday at home , gives me Sunday to do sh it at home , but I'll be thinking about Mondays away in future 

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Whilst I'm happy with 4562 in attendance, there would have been well over 5k on a Sunday afternoon.

However,  you have to balance that with the exposure, the media kudos and the marketing telly brings to the party.

So, from me at least, 500+ more fans just about equates to everything telly brings to the championship. Any more missing fans probably isn't worth it.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

We certainly drew the short straw in Smith replacing Hood, and even Wildie on this showing who was streets ahead of Smith in comparison.

Wildie was one signing I wasn't over enthused about. He's had two reight games against two of the championship's better teams.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

We certainly drew the short straw in Smith replacing Hood, and even Wildie on this showing who was streets ahead of Smith in comparison.

Number 9 s need to be clever , testified by most of them playing that position , Smith just seems to do the basics 

Even with the way we dominated the game last night, I still won't be any more confident when we come up against Leigh next time, a bit more time to gel together as a team (although the same applies to Featherstone) and better conditions for the antipodean contigent (again, same applies...).  i think the other clashes will have the potential to be closely fought.

That said, I thought Reynolds was awful in both attack and defence, clueless, and the stupid late tackle was bizarre, he must've gone in fully three or four seconds after the tackle was complete and it could easily have been red.  Another half back, as has been mentioned by others, would make a lot of difference.

McDonald looks like a hell of a player and he will score some tries over the season, he looks like a real game changer.  the problem last night was supply, he was given almost no quality ball to work with.  The spine of the team need time and no doubt will be competing for top spot come the end of the season.

A shout out for Premier sports i think their presenters are adding to the game.Considering the time SKY have been showing games Premier beat them hands down.Terrible conditions bur Fev  showed what an exciting season supporters will have this season.I can see no relegation from SL this season  two promoted and a 14 team competition 2023.

2 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

The Fev Leigh rivalry makes me laugh. They are the two Clubs that have been competitive season in and season out since SL was formed but the fans generally get on cos of the recognition we've been in the same leaky boat so long. 

Absobloodylutely

1 minute ago, sentoffagain2 said:

A shout out for Premier sports i think their presenters are adding to the game.Considering the time SKY have been showing games Premier beat them hands down.Terrible conditions bur Fev  showed what an exciting season supporters will have this season.I can see no relegation from SL this season  two promoted and a 14 team competition 2023.

Hope you are right. 26 games no loop fixtures. 

16 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

And not very well, he was a better player when he played at Leigh as a 'guest' in '18.

When is Ipape arriving?  His quickness may not have done much as a quick play the ball was none existent, but is he better applying the passes? 

I too think it will be 14 teams next year but Leigh have some hard work to do. Whitehaven and Workington seem to be currently the really poor teams and Bradford will be wanting to turn up next week. 

Leigh obviously miss Brierley deeply linking up from FB and to some extent McNally. Saying that, if they have been asked to play like that week in and week out we will be in for some right dross this year. 

I will though give the benefit of the doubt. PO Road is a tough place. I hated going there as a player. Most of the Leigh team just didn't fancy it last night and it showed in droves! 

Archived