Any news on...

Wakefield Ram

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Peltier, Ferguson, Annakin, Kidd, Thornton, Turner? 

A few weeks ago Greenwood said some were weeks away from returning. Anyone know anything?

From what I’m hearing not sure we’ll see Ferguson or Annakin in a Rams shirt again. Peltier and Turner could be long term. Hopefully Kidd will be back against Batley. Who’s Thornton?

12 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Thought Ferguson was planning on playing for Scotland in the World Cup? Bad news about Ferguson and Annakin if it's true.

Not Thornton he left, meant Walton.

It is bad news. According to the local press Walton is nearing a return to action.

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Why he's a good player ?

A bit of "history" between him and the club well before he joined you. He hasn't been well liked by the fans since then.

Like all decent half backs he needs a good pack to play behind and we don't currently have one of those.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Therein73 said:

..........so why won't we see Ferguson or Annakin in a Dewsbury shirt again ???

Is it injury-related or a fall out with the club ???

Health issues, not a fall out.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 10/04/2022 at 17:36, Blind side johnny said:

A bit of "history" between him and the club well before he joined you. He hasn't been well liked by the fans since then.

Like all decent half backs he needs a good pack to play behind and we don't currently have one of those.

Not sure what the history is. I'd be happy to sign a good half back to help us stay up. 

22 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Not sure what the history is. I'd be happy to sign a good half back to help us stay up. 

You can have the best halfbacks in the league but there has yo be a pack in front of them to build the platform to play off. On paper we have that but injuries have ruined that so far this season.

I see that Ferguson, Annakin and Peltier were all at the match last night, just to counter the suggestions that they had left the club.

Had they been available then we might have seen a quite different result.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I see that Ferguson, Annakin and Peltier were all at the match last night, just to counter the suggestions that they had left the club.

Yes, you might have lost by 50, or won by a hundred... who was it who raised the "what ifs" and "might have beens"?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

So were Garratt and Reilly and had we been able to retain their services, then “might” would have changed to “most likely” for us to have seen a positive result.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived