Sykes to kick goals

Wakefield Ram

5 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Think Sykes should still be goal kicking, Beharell is a decent kicker but Sykes is better.

How’s somebody to kick goals when they’re forever getting ten mins in the bin? - we lost that game due to him being off the pitch! Discipline, players like that should be setting an example for the rest of them. Batley knew what tactics to use and got their result due to us being one man down and capitalised on it like any team would. Beharrell has done no wrong. They’re bigger issues on field then missing goal kicks. We need forwards we’re lacking in numbers as it is, we need tries not goal kicks. They come afterwards and win results. 

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Beharrel missed two conversions, that's 4 points. Gilmore landed 6 out of 6. It certainly mattered against Newcastle.

Spot on.  If we were Fev we could forget about kicking goals but we ain’t…

17 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Beharrel missed two conversions, that's 4 points. Gilmore landed 6 out of 6. It certainly mattered against Newcastle.

Did you notice that Sykes looked to be playing on one leg at times?

At some stages he reminded me of my namesake. 🙂

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Bet thats some training session at PO road,,the halfback academy..

cant knock em as there all gonna fight for a shirt.. i cant wait for the bleeting end a season,up the fev large fellas.

19 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

We need them all. We play a different one every week🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Phil what I can't understand with fev

You thought they would send chisholm and homes to the same place to play together.. Just incase you get injuries at halfback 

Would that make more sense than splitting them up🤔

21 minutes ago, coolie said:

Phil what I can't understand with fev

You thought they would send chisholm and homes to the same place to play together.. Just incase you get injuries at halfback 

Would that make more sense than splitting them up🤔

I suppose they might give the player an option when requests are made. Fev I also think will be careful not to loan them out to main rivals.With no disrespect to Dewsbury for example I would have thought a couple of our players would benefit you lot while you are struggling. Having said that I think the loan system is a shambles and what might benefit one club seems unfair to another. Like the old argument with Fev when they had DR with Leeds . However watching Leeds on TV at this moment they too might benefit with quality like Holmes and Chisholm.🙄

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

I suppose they might give the player an option when requests are made. Fev I also think will be careful not to loan them out to main rivals.With no disrespect to Dewsbury for example I would have thought a couple of our players would benefit you lot while you are struggling. Having said that I think the loan system is a shambles and what might benefit one club seems unfair to another. Like the old argument with Fev when they had DR with Leeds . However watching Leeds on TV at this moment they too might benefit with quality like Holmes and Chisholm.🙄

Leeds were the best of 2 dire teams today.. The Whitehaven vs Workington was far more entertaining... With a lot less errors too, hoping toulouse beat Leeds next Friday.. Just to make it interesting, I never thought I'd hear myself say... It's getting boring watching Leeds lose.. Again... But not just yet 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 15/04/2022 at 21:19, Wakefield Ram said:

Think Sykes should still be goal kicking, Beharell is a decent kicker but Sykes is better.

Beharell off and Sykes misses first conversion 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Was bound to happen. As soon as he missed, I knew it'd be on the forum 😂😂😂

I hope he has his kicking boots on the regular now then because we’re without Beharrel now for quite some time I believe he’s a broken eye socket! More injuries we do NOT need. 

29 minutes ago, John_Don said:

I hope he has his kicking boots on the regular now then because we’re without Beharrel now for quite some time I believe he’s a broken eye socket! More injuries we do NOT need. 

Jake sweeting would be the natural replacement to play half back,he’s also an excellent goal kicker that’s if he’s still at the club 🤷🏼‍♂️

I hope Beharrel a speedy recovery. In pre season Sweeting was kicking goals but although named in the 21 doesn’t get a game. Now is the time to give him a chance, we cant rely on Sykes remaining fit for every game.

1 hour ago, John_Don said:

Poor bloke. He didn't look well coming off, he'll be out for some time with that.

11 hours ago, coolie said:

Sweeting at halfback

Smith in at Loose forward 

Problem solved 🤔

Knowles did well at LF yesterday as did Trout when Knowles went off - was he carrying an injury, by the way?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 24/04/2022 at 17:25, Wakefield Ram said:

Was bound to happen. As soon as he missed, I knew it'd be on the forum 😂😂😂

Well well.  Sweeting finally gets picked and then we have Sykes kicking the goals🤣🤣

56 minutes ago, NickD said:

Well well.  Sweeting finally gets picked and then we have Sykes kicking the goals🤣🤣

You just couldn’t make this situation up! Sykes has proved to be inconsistent and Sweeting was very consistent in the pre season games. Just give Sweeting the chance and if he misses a couple then go back to Sykes. But this is a symptom of poor decision making. Something is definitely wrong as I don’t believe the team are this bad. To me it’s more like they do not want to win for some reason. Either they do not want to play for each other or do not want to win for the coach. The effort is there but not the cohesion. Something needs to be done NOW although it may be too late. There will be no fans to play for if we are relegated and hence no club. Blame who you want but the coach is usually first choice. 

Archived