Bradford Bulls Cliche Bingo

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Sounds like Jon Wells’ “everyone has a plan till they’re punched in the face” odd speech after Saints pumped Cas about four years ago. 

Isn't that a Mike Tyson quote? 

I don’t get the uproar, outside of fev n Leigh at the top and probably a couple at the bottom all the rest will take points off each other throughout the season. The Bradford project won’t happen overnight, let’s be blunt they need a new ground a new coach , a new fitness regime and a new philosophy.

17 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:

I don’t get the uproar, outside of fev n Leigh at the top and probably a couple at the bottom all the rest will take points off each other throughout the season. The Bradford project won’t happen overnight, let’s be blunt they need a new ground a new coach , a new fitness regime and a new philosophy.

Not much then? 🙂

Kearball can be very dull at times. Can understand why some would be annoyed by it.

39 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Not much then? 🙂

Kearball can be very dull at times. Can understand why some would be annoyed by it.

It doesn’t annoy me , I am puzzled by Bradfords physical prowess , imagine if you went to the gym and one of the Bradford forwards was your personal trainer , would you pay him £20 an hour to get you fit?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

16 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

FQs8yoMWQAA6m32?format=jpg&name=small

Parklife

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

13 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Talking of cliches , whoever wrote that missed this seasons biggie

”We can’t score because the pitch is too narrow”

I saw that, the silly sod doesnt half embarrass himself on twitter. Its almost like a parody account now.

Looks a knee jerk reaction this in my opinion. They put together a team pre season that will be around 5th or 6th you would imagine and there is little to suggest that will not be the case. As it is there is looking like there might be 4 teams going for the last playoff spot and i suspect Bradford will be one of them. They do have a tough run of fixtures now and on Friday's performance they might struggle to get more than 1 or 2 wins from their next 7 or so games and they are a bit unlucky that their next game is Fev as they will likely put in an improved performance but it will still likely end in defeat.

The main worry for them I imagine is the financial side of things, I don't know how much pressure was released by the stock car racing joining but their crowds look to be dropping alarmingly, I would be surprised if there were more than 2k actually in the stadium Friday night and that's with a discount offer. They usually are in the top 3 or 4 spenders in the league according to the press and that may be the same for this season but either way i don't think things look great for them but it starts at the top and I would not want that bloke anywhere near any rugby club I supported.

4 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Looks a knee jerk reaction this in my opinion. They put together a team pre season that will be around 5th or 6th you would imagine and there is little to suggest that will not be the case. As it is there is looking like there might be 4 teams going for the last playoff spot and i suspect Bradford will be one of them. They do have a tough run of fixtures now and on Friday's performance they might struggle to get more than 1 or 2 wins from their next 7 or so games and they are a bit unlucky that their next game is Fev as they will likely put in an improved performance but it will still likely end in defeat.

The main worry for them I imagine is the financial side of things, I don't know how much pressure was released by the stock car racing joining but their crowds look to be dropping alarmingly, I would be surprised if there were more than 2k actually in the stadium Friday night and that's with a discount offer. They usually are in the top 3 or 4 spenders in the league according to the press and that may be the same for this season but either way i don't think things look great for them but it starts at the top and I would not want that bloke anywhere near any rugby club I supported.

Yeah, not a lot to disagree with there

The crowd on Friday was announced at about 5.5K but that would include ST holders many of whom apparently weren't there (neither was I, so I can't comment on the actual crowd)

All the anecdotal "evidence" from our forum on RL Fans is that crowds are really dropping badly

I'm not sure most sensible fans expected us to be any higher than we look like we will finish - which is somewhere around 4th-7th. The bigger issue is the dross being served up on the field i.e one man rugby with a hopeful kick to Kieron Gill on the 6th tackle. We've squeaked a couple of games we could easily have lost - a disallowed try at London gave us the win, and we beat Batley with a late drop goal. It could have been something like 2 from 8 quite easily. And when the team is playing rugby that sends the fans to sleep, then it's not exactly helping. It's also been noted that most of the team look woefully out of condition, or even lardy. Hence the rumblings that many fans want to see John Kear elbowed aside.

All points which the "statement" didn't address, of course

7 hours ago, dkw said:

I saw that, the silly sod doesnt half embarrass himself on twitter. Its almost like a parody account now.

You mean Mick Gledhill?

To be fair Jordan Lilley has said exactly the same thing.

Honestly, it's all excuses, really. I mean, we're not exactly scoring tries for fun when we play away.

5 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

You mean Mick Gledhill?

To be fair Jordan Lilley has said exactly the same thing.

Honestly, it's all excuses, really. I mean, we're not exactly scoring tries for fun when we play away.

Yep, he's an absolute clown.

Archived