Mon 23rd May: Ch: Sheffield Eagles v Widnes Vikings KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sheffield Eagles
    • Widnes Vikings

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/05/22 at 19:15

10 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Yep, they must be glad of those early wins now.

Blooming right! 

No money, tiny players, average squad, players injured, no investment, no confidence, no clue. 

But, I'll be there for the Bradford game. God help me!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

What's all the rubbish about Eagles not playing in Sheffield for 9 years, York beat them on that ground in 2019.

Yes you are right, they did play on that very paddock with some cobbled together seats IIRC

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

That's a bit precious don't you think? I've taken my 8 year old daughter to Belle Vue a couple of times and she's enjoyed it and the state of the ground just wasn't on her radar. Mind you, the highlight of our first trip was the visit to Thornes Park beforehand and seeing several wild rats by the lake!!!

Yeah but neither of is could be bothered to sit in something like that and travel every weekend.. also he was 9 and if I'd have said lets go he'd have still gone, was just an interesting comment from a 9 year old ffs.

Just now, RP London said:

Yeah but neither of is could be bothered to sit in something like that and travel every weekend.. also he was 9 and if I'd have said lets go he'd have still gone, was just an interesting comment from a 9 year old ffs.

Fair enough, I can understand that. I made the mistake of reading it as you'd written it.

Enjoyed that, nice to have a home again at last.. good game.. some teething problems at the ground but shouldn't take much sorting.. a nice set up

As a neutral I enjoyed that game. I thought Sheffield looked like a team playing for each other and Mark Aston said as much in his post march interview. Widnes need to find their coach and get their mojo back.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, spanishknight said:

What's all the rubbish about Eagles not playing in Sheffield for 9 years, York beat them on that ground in 2019.

I have re read this thread and no one is saying we haven't played in Sheffield for 9 years its about having our own ground, being ground hoppers (we haven't been at the same ground for more than 2 years IIRC), and for all but 3 of the 9 years outside of our home city, has damaged our ability to grow the club and has seen many supporters fall away. Its about now having a home where we can make some money. The last time we were at the OLP, which you mention, it had what can only be described as a marquee with seats as a "stand". Very little in the way of concessions and a pretty rubbish feel about it. There was no corporate or office space and was certainly not a "home" in any sense of the word, it was also known to be temporary as the plans were always there that we would have to move away while the actual ground was built (though COVID meant it was longer than we expected). 

We have had the odd season in Sheffield but nothing that we can build on as we haven't known where we would be the next season. This is a "homecoming" because we now have a home in Sheffield and somewhere we can build from. 

• Like 1