Mon 23rd May: Ch: Sheffield Eagles v Widnes Vikings KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sheffield Eagles
    • Widnes Vikings

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/05/22 at 19:15

Mark aston always manages to assemble a decent team at sheffield, but from last sunday i can clearly see a lot of tactical improvement with widnes

Id say widnes by 10-14

20 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

They're making the Widnes fans do some travelling , Newcastle , now Sheffield , but we'll get to see the new Sheffield stadium 🤔

Having travelled to Barrow, Workington and Whitehaven in the first 50 days of the season, I'm sure there'll be a few Sheffield fans chuckling at this one.

"Oh dear. How sad. Never mind."

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

3 hours ago, Griff said:

Having travelled to Barrow, Workington and Whitehaven in the first 50 days of the season, I'm sure there'll be a few Sheffield fans chuckling at this one.

I suspect he means Monday night games when you could also chuck in Dewsbury. 

Strange thing about this league is Widnes only have one club within 50 miles of them and the average trek one way is 100 miles.

With regards to the game I'd have preferred someone else to have the honour of opening the new stadium.

Sheffield will be well up for it and Widnes can be pretty accommodating when it comes to not being party poopers.

I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

• Like 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Really disappointing that the crowd restrictions have been announced so late. I know people who had taken the day off work, but who now won't be able to get a ticket.

3 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Capacity is 700, Widnes have 100 tickets.

800 according to this, increasing to 1320 at the end of June and at that until there is further development

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/sheffield-eagles-let-down-again-says-mark-aston-after-latest-stadium-setback-3701530%3famp

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

On 19/05/2022 at 11:40, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Strange thing about this league is Widnes only have one club within 50 miles of them and the average trek one way is 100 miles.

Come down to League 1, 100 miles round trip would be sheer luxury 🤣 🤣 🤣

In fact, if we come up or you come down, Widnes would be our local derby!!!

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

On 19/05/2022 at 07:48, Griff said:

Welcome to our world.  As a North Wales Crusaders fan I've travelled to all 3 Cumbiran Clubs, London Skolars, Newcastle and Llanelli in one season!! Thankfully shorter trips this year

11 hours ago, FearNothing said:

Come down to League 1, 100 miles round trip would be sheer luxury 🤣 🤣 🤣

In fact, if we come up or you come down, Widnes would be our local derby!!!

I think you've slightly misunderstood me.

I wasn't moaning about travel distances, just that as a heartland club with nearly a quarter of the other professional clubs within 35 miles then average round trips of 200 miles would seem unusual.

As for next season, if we do meet up it's quite possible you'll be within a couple of miles of being our local derby, Halifax excepted.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

On 19/05/2022 at 18:09, Spidey said:

Shambles. But keeps on being accepted in RL

You mean because the Councils Safety Advisory Group, have requested that the game be played under reduced capacity... 

Nothing the Eagles can do to overturn it, as the SAG have the final say.... At least we have our own stadium... And it will be rocking on Monday no matter the amount of fans... 

I do think some on here would love to see the end to the MIghty Eagles, and how many other teams would have survived 9 years on the road,, ill tell you now, 1 or 2....

Any way it will be an awesome game of RL in Sheffield and on Premier Sports...

Sheffield by 12 

• Like 1

An important point here is that for the first time I can remember (and I go back with the Eagles to 1996) they will actually keep the profit from the concession sales. It may not be their ground but at least they have more control and more income.

• Like 2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

5 hours ago, mozzauk said:

You mean because the Councils Safety Advisory Group, have requested that the game be played under reduced capacity... 

Nothing the Eagles can do to overturn it, as the SAG have the final say.... At least we have our own stadium... And it will be rocking on Monday no matter the amount of fans... 

I do think some on here would love to see the end to the MIghty Eagles, and how many other teams would have survived 9 years on the road,, ill tell you now, 1 or 2....

Any way it will be an awesome game of RL in Sheffield and on Premier Sports...

Sheffield by 12 

Yes. Reducing the capacity the week before a game is a shambles.