Leroy cudjoe form centre

Cudjoe had a terrible time with injuries, effectively missing a couple of seasons on recent years - that break seems to have given him a new lease of life. He may lack his pace, but his skill is as good as ever - and he is keeping an England centre out of the team 

5 minutes ago, Ant said:

Konnie looks great carrying a ball. Just don't ask him to turn and chase, or defend generally. Or keep hold of the ball with great regularity 

Been fine, on the whole, for Saints this year and earned a deserved contract renewal as a result of his good form. 

2 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Been fine, on the whole, for Saints this year and earned a deserved contract renewal as a result of his good form. 

I think he's a luxury few teams can afford. Saints are good enough to cover for his short comings and to exploit his strengths 

6 minutes ago, Ant said:

I think he's a luxury few teams can afford. Saints are good enough to cover for his short comings and to exploit his strengths 

I don’t think many would agree that there’s any sort of carrying of Hurrell within the Saints side, as he’s played in an inexperienced side of the pitch for the most part, this year through injuries and suspensions. He’s come in and worked hard (lost weight for a start) and is reaping the rewards. Many would now want him as first choice over Will Hopoate, who cannot stay fit for longer than two weeks at a time. 

Watkins coming back into form is a positive thing as he has been there and done it. Really could be so much better if he had that drive to go the extra mile but I would take him over Lyne and Sarginson every day of the week if that is where Shaun Wane is heading.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Watkins coming back into form is a positive thing as he has been there and done it. Really could be so much better if he had that drive to go the extra mile but I would take him over Lyne and Sarginson every day of the week if that is where Shaun Wane is heading.

got to say I was concerned when Wane mentioned Sarginson in the interview about the squad after the match.. if he is getting into the England set up now I think we have an issue.

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Herbie and Newman please please please get / stay fit 

Herbie back round 24/25 (his own words), Newman his fitness is week to week lol. Percival and Watkins if not in that order. Cudjoe has been in great form this year but his international days are over at 34. Great servant to Huddersfield though and still doing the business.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Herbie back round 24/25 (his own words), Newman his fitness is week to week lol. Percival and Watkins if not in that order. Cudjoe has been in great form this year but his international days are over at 34. Great servant to Huddersfield though and still doing the business.

And the Sarge’s never started and if he’s picked Wane should be looking at a long custodial sentence 

He's having a great season Cudjoe but I wouldn't have him in England conversations due to a lack of pace. As things stand it's tough to name the 2 who'd start that first game against Samoa due to some injury concerns but if everyone is fit and available it's probably going to be 2 from Farnworth, Watkins, Newman and Percival. There's time for others to push themselves in to the mix and Wardle you'd imagine is a shot, given he played last week but I'd still think he's a bit behind those 4. 

2 minutes ago, WN83 said:

He's having a great season Cudjoe but I wouldn't have him in England conversations due to a lack of pace. As things stand it's tough to name the 2 who'd start that first game against Samoa due to some injury concerns but if everyone is fit and available it's probably going to be 2 from Farnworth, Watkins, Newman and Percival. There's time for others to push themselves in to the mix and Wardle you'd imagine is a shot, given he played last week but I'd still think he's a bit behind those 4. 

Welsby is also in that mix too because if you have Tomkins at full back then you have to find a place in the 17 for him. Newman looks like the real deal. Let's hope he has a great last part of the season.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Welsby is also in that mix too because if you have Tomkins at full back then you have to find a place in the 17 for him. Newman looks like the real deal. Let's hope he has a great last part of the season.

That's true although I think in my mind I'm probably seeing Welsby playing as a utility back on the bench and then letting him cover the backline and possibly spell the starting hooker (by moving him in to the halves and Williams in to 9). 

All good options whatever happens. I've seen quite a few people seeming pretty down on our potential squad for the World Cup but I'm pretty positive. I think we have good options in a lot of positions. I main worry is probably the lack of a couple of talismanic figures like Sam Burgess and James Graham but if others can step up, you never know. 

• Like 2

Fwiw, big a fan as I am of Cudjoe, I'd not pick him for England

With game time, I'd expect to see Wardle cement his spot, he just can't get game time at the Giants because the incumbent centres aren't dropping form 

1 hour ago, Ant said:

With game time, I'd expect to see Wardle cement his spot, he just can't get game time at the Giants because the incumbent centres aren't dropping form 

I think Wardle is a good player

Better than toby king, 

Newman is injury prone

Id have Welsby and Farnworth in tye centres

Leroy was written off 2/3 years ago, even by a lot of our fans who wanted him sacked for being injured.

As Ant says though, since his return he's been brilliant, his relationship with Jerry is rolling back the years and again bearing fruit, along with Chris McQueen, that right hand edge is old and chuffing awesome, the Rolling stones of Super League!

Edited by meast
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ant said:

If Leutele's injury is a bad one, then Jake might just be kicking himself!

1 hour ago, meast said:

If Leutele's injury is a bad one, then Jake might just be kicking himself!

No he won't... he'll absorb everything the mighty wire offer him in terms of coaching.. thanks to that he'll miss 

Edited by RP London
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, meast said:

Leroy was written off 2/3 years ago, even by a lot of our fans who wanted him sacked for being injured.

As Ant says though, since his return he's been brilliant, his relationship with Jerry is rolling back the years and again bearing fruit, along with Chris McQueen, that right hand edge is old and chuffing awesome, the Rolling stones of Super League!

You know, If McGillvary hadn't announced his international retirement, the potential of two guys that good, who also know each other's games inside out would be a tempting pick for England, even at their current age. That said, Watkins and McGillvary were a great combination too, and they never played for the same club.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson