Fri 1st Jul: SL: Castleford Tigers v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/22 at 19:30

2 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Could Cudjoe not have caught Trueman easily there? I thought he was faster than that? 

He was. A decade ago.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Hmm, keep the reach-around chat to yourself Barrie.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Just Browny said:

He was. A decade ago.

I was just surprised after all the raving about his feats at centre this season. I guess he’s scored short range tries.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

1 minute ago, johnh1 said:

No difference. Just the opposite decision.

I couldn’t really follow what Smith was saying because both times the guy was square , hit the arm the ball trickled along then was picked up by Cas . Anyhow on we go 

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Giants way off tonight 

I don't think they're that far off, but Cas have started really fast and well. Still 50 minutes to go.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

I was just surprised after all the raving about his feats at centre this season. I guess he’s scored short range tries.

His tries last week were short range, but based upon his reading of and anticipation of play. I doubt he could go 100 metres without being caught, but that doesn't make him a bad player unless you have an axe to grind.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have Huddersfield not got any halfbacks?

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

His tries last week were short range, but based upon his reading of and anticipation of play. I doubt he could go 100 metres without being caught, but that doesn't make him a bad player unless you have an axe to grind.

No axe to grind from me. Just surprised from the video replay as he was quite close to Trueman when he set off, but didn’t seem able to pump his legs enough to catch him.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Just now, Desert Skipper said:

No axe to grind from me. Just surprised from the video replay as he was quite close to Trueman when he set off, but didn’t seem able to pump his legs enough to catch him.

Leroy's never been known as a speedster, though. He's a smart player with good hands and good anticipation, while Trueman is pretty damn rapid.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Class finish by Jerry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Leroy's never been known as a speedster, though. He's a smart player with good hands and good anticipation, while Trueman is pretty damn rapid.

Probably just the beer and the big screen in my man cave that made Trueman look a bit slower then. Or maybe I’m a legend in my own mind and I’m absolutely rapid, and no doubt would have caught Trueman without breaking a sweat.