Play-offs

shrewsbury roughyed

Could it be possible?

Oldham are eight points  behind Hunslet but with a game in hand.

Hunslet: seven games to play, away at North Wales Crusaders, Keighley Cougars, Swinton Lions and Oldham.

Home against London Skolars, Midlands Hurricanes and Doncaster.

The Roughyeds have eight to play:

HOME: Doncaster (this Sunday, 3pm), North Wales Crusaders, London Skolars, Hunslet (last game of the regular season).

AWAY: West Wales Raiders, Midlands Hurricanes, Cornwall, Swinton Lions

We need results to go our way, i.e. Hunslet lose all their away games and hopefully at home against Doncaster and at a pinch Midlands.

We pretty much have to beat Donny on Sunday, Swinton and no slip ups against the rest bar Crusaders who seem very strong. 

It's looking tough and we'll have to really up our game, but there's a distant flicker of hope. Isn't there?

57 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Could it be possible?

Hunslet: seven games to play, away at North Wales Crusaders, Keighley Cougars, Swinton Lions and Oldham.

HOME: Doncaster (this Sunday, 3pm), North Wales Crusaders, London Skolars, Hunslet (last game of the regular season).

We need results to go our way, i.e. Hunslet lose all their away games and hopefully at home against Doncaster and at a pinch Midlands.

We pretty much have to beat Donny on Sunday, Swinton and no slip ups against the rest bar Crusaders who seem very strong. 

It's looking tough and we'll have to really up our game, but there's a distant flicker of hope. Isn't there?

Is that really a serious question? 🤣🤣 3 wins, 4 max out of that lot and we're already 8 points behind hunslet, in summary not a cat in hells chance 

• Like 2

Love your optimism. Being a realist, unless money is found to improve this side I can't see us making the playoffs next season. The question is how many supporters will stick with a losing side. It saddened me on Sunday listening to some great supporters saying they wouldn't pay to watch and the only reason they were there is that they got free tickets!

At the moment I don't think I would accept one if offered.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

Love your optimism. Being a realist, unless money is found to improve this side I can't see us making the playoffs next season. The question is how many supporters will stick with a losing side. It saddened me on Sunday listening to some great supporters saying they wouldn't pay to watch and the only reason they were there is that they got free tickets!

At the moment I don't think I would accept one if offered.

Haha I was one of those 😂

4 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Haha I was one of those 😂

Why though Charlie? I think I know who you are (from your pic) & you're a legend of a fan. So why you turning your back on them? The laughing face just seems so sad especially when it comes from you.

On 13/07/2022 at 04:46, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Could it be possible?

I'll have a pint of whatever you are drinking!

5 hours ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

Why though Charlie? I think I know who you are (from your pic) & you're a legend of a fan. So why you turning your back on them? The laughing face just seems so sad especially when it comes from you.

Tbf last season took a lot out of me, been a solid home and away supporter for a long time but last season was grim and more so now, club has no ambition,  I'll be there again Sunday not free by the way. I just pick and choose games now, forget west Wales n Cornwall done my travelling down the years. Frustrating to see recruitment of clubs around us obviously better backed financially,  but CH blames no ground blah blah, had those opportunities with whitebank n did absolutely nothing to it. We made no attempt to stay up last season bringing mcdermott in was bizarre when we needed a few players. This season is over now, playoffs are a distant memory now, hopefully the club recruit for 2023 and get it done right and early

• Like 6

No comment from the club about the state of our club.

Just wondering why is it we had to bring in a teenager from Salford to play hooker? I thought we have 3 players to cover that position - have they stopped coming for £50 losing money or is there something more sinister?

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

No comment from the club about the state of our club.

Just wondering why is it we had to bring in a teenager from Salford to play hooker? I thought we have 3 players to cover that position - have they stopped coming for £50 losing money or is there something more sinister?

Ones quit the club and jinks has gone back to waterhead 

• Sad 1

I've hoped that this season would be more than this.

I had faith then the Lock Lane farce put a nail in the coffin. I went when we played Cornwall and I just didn't see anything apart 3 players. Keep losing to the northern teams is poor but not turning up and putting a shift in is taking the micky out of people like me. Will I go again this year I don't know. Do I see vision from the board......no. I see players leaving and being replaced with academy players who are not up to it physically.

The history of the club cannot be touched but at the moment it certainly being tarnished in my opinion and it will take a massive sign of intent to reassure my faith.

I fear that soon the light will be permanently turned off. The question is will anyone care?

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, clifford said:

I had faith then the Lock Lane farce put a nail in the coffin. I went when we played Cornwall and I just didn't see anything apart 3 players. Keep losing to the northern teams is poor but not turning up and putting a shift in is taking the micky out of people like me. Will I go again this year I don't know. Do I see vision from the board......no. I see players leaving and being replaced with academy players who are not up to it physically.

The history of the club cannot be touched but at the moment it certainly being tarnished in my opinion and it will take a massive sign of intent to reassure my faith.

I fear that soon the light will be permanently turned off. The question is will anyone care?

Crazy to think we haven't beaten any heartland club since good Friday last year when we beat swinton 

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, clifford said:

Absolutely.

• Sad 1