Championship & League 1 Disciplinary

37 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Great work by the ref in the Halifax V York game missing 5 incidents that according to the disciplinary panel should have all been red cards. 🙄 

Beyond belief! After 60+ years involved with RL i feel like walking away from the game at this level. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Beyond belief! After 60+ years involved with RL i feel like walking away from the game at this level. 

Ive seen a lot of similar comments this week. Its a tough sport and things do boil over but at the moment all the disciplinary are trying to do is santise the sport and its not like its changing players actions because we still see bans coming for the same things week in and week out. No wonder the sport, especially at the top level, is getting boring to watch with teams all playing the same robotic style at least every now and again we would see a dust up that would liven it up for a little bit now we can't even have that for fear of long bans and the product heads further towards been unwatchable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Ive seen a lot of similar comments this week. Its a tough sport and things do boil over but at the moment all the disciplinary are trying to do is santise the sport and its not like its changing players actions because we still see bans coming for the same things week in and week out. No wonder the sport, especially at the top level, is getting boring to watch with teams all playing the same robotic style at least every now and again we would see a dust up that would liven it up for a little bit now we can't even have that for fear of long bans and the product heads further towards been unwatchable.

You mean they are penalising Halifax’s indiscipline.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

This is what made the game on Wednesday - Origin 3 - such a pleasure to watch, simply because and it must be under instruction that the referee is much more lenient in his officiating, they are nor trying to blow the pea out of the ball they are allowed to use common sense instead of putting every little incident under the microscope, the game had everything that is good about Rugby League Football including "The Biff". There were some injuries but non caused by illegalities, just the sheer effort and exuberance exhibited by the player's.

Sits back and awaits all the pacifists reactions.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

This is what made the game on Wednesday - Origin 3 - such a pleasure to watch, simply because and it must be under instruction that the referee is much more lenient in his officiating, they are nor trying to blow the pea out of the ball they are allowed to use common sense instead of putting every little incident under the microscope, the game had everything that is good about Rugby League Football including "The Biff". There were some injuries but non caused by illegalities, just the sheer effort and exuberance exhibited by the player's.

I'm arguing on another thread that I though it was reckless bordering on dangerous Harry , RL played to the rules is hard enough as it is IMO , and if it is to continue and indeed grow in participation we need it to be safe 😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

You mean they are penalising Halifax’s indiscipline.

Did you watch the game Dav?

I did, but when the look at all those citings from the officials you would have thought it was a really bad tempered game, it was nothing of the sort.

You are obviously correct Fax have been penalised with a few player's suspended for "indiscipline" in this very modern way the game is officiated and reviewed, but for me it has gone to far with the sanitization process it is nothing resembling the game I grew up with but that wasn't right either that was far to lenient in what was let go, a good balance for me would be somewhere between those days and what we have today.

My opinion of course.

• Like 2

The problem is, we all have a different view on what is acceptable.  I agree the game is being sanitised and it could ruin it both to play and to watch.

Personally, I like to see a bit of aggression and a bit of 'biff', but not everyone agrees.  when I played, the physicality of the game is what made it worth playing, and overstepping the line was just that and dealt with accordingly.  I agree that safety is important and the HIA protocols are necessary, but we also need to remember that it is an impact sport and there will be injuries.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I'm arguing on another thread that I though it was reckless bordering on dangerous Harry , RL played to the rules is hard enough as it is IMO , and if it is to continue and indeed grow in participation we need it to be safe 😀

Your opinion Gubby, but far to often both live at the games and watching on TV, I often hear myself automatically exclaiming loudly "what is that for ref" and that is not just for when the whistle is blown against my team, I do get some funny looks from the fans around me, which is not for challenging the refs action, but having the temerity to call against my own!

4 minutes ago, Tubby said:

The problem is, we all have a different view on what is acceptable.  I agree the game is being sanitised and it could ruin it both to play and to watch.

Personally, I like to see a bit of aggression and a bit of 'biff', but not everyone agrees.  when I played, the physicality of the game is what made it worth playing, and overstepping the line was just that and dealt with accordingly.  I agree that safety is important and the HIA protocols are necessary, but we also need to remember that it is an impact sport and there will be injuries.

I think has it progresses in the sanitization process, we will have the opposing player's all wearing those big inflatable suits they wore on "It's a knockout" all those years ago, all we would need then is an Eddie Waring impersonator giving a live running commentary over the stadiums broadcasts system.😉

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Halifax players called out for shiithousing and a Halifax fan doesn't like it.

Unprecedented 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That's not at all like one of your posts David, and no I am not being sarcastic they are useually well thought out and presented.

Not the first time Oxy has moaned about 'fax players getting a doing over at the disciplinary recently.  Thought I'd have a bit of fun with it 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Biff ? It was brutal at times but what a game.

• Like 1

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Aye it was all that, and like a welcoming oasis in the desert of mediocrity that we so much of.

I was going to put something similar but didn't want slatting by some of the one eye wonders on here defending  SL. We will never beat Australia again still years apart. 

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

I was going to put something similar but didn't want slatting by some of the one eye wonders on here defending  SL. We will never beat Australia again still years apart. 

You can only express your own opinion Rover, if some have thoughts that differ from yours then that's fine also, my heart says on the topic of your last sentance they are right and you are wrong but I must say I agree with you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Not the first time Oxy has moaned about 'fax players getting a doing over at the disciplinary recently.  Thought I'd have a bit of fun with it 😀

I like a good moan every now and again 🤣 Anyway at least it has taken my attention away from Fev falling apart so you should be grateful. 😉

• Haha 2

As a Thunder fan I might be biased on this. But at the game we couldn't work out what Foster had done. 

If the referee believes at the time he'd been physically assaulted then surely that's a red card on the field. Having since seen the video of it a lengthy ban seems harsh. It more looks to me like the referee is in the way of the defensive line.

20 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Great work by the ref in the Halifax V York game missing 5 incidents that according to the disciplinary panel should have all been red cards. 🙄 

Jacob Fairbank’s assault on Ronan Michael should have been a straight red card and long ban.  Instead it wasn’t even a penalty.  This was up there with the worst shots I can ever recall seeing.  Outrageous.

The tip tackle on Pauli should also have been red.

The others were relatively minor by comparison.

Pushing the ref out of the way = long ban

Homophobic name calling = long ban

Potentially ending someone’s career (and worse) with a ferocious head shot = no action taken.

Edited by gavin7094
  • Like 1