Sat 23rd July : SL : Catalans Dragons v Huddersfield Giants KO. 18:00 (LOCAL) 17:00 (UK)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Huddersfield Giants

Discuss the SL game between Catalans Dragons and Huddersfield Giants here.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

This will be a test for Fartown after last weeks no show when it mattered. Catalans to win only because of home advantage +8

• Like 1

I wondered if it was going to be shown live on Bein Sports but I can't see it listed on any of their channels. I'll have a look once it gets to kick off time. I think it might be streamed on BetFred if you have an account.

Les Cats 0 Hudds 4.

On 22/07/2022 at 07:41, meast said:

Only the odd game here and there are on TV, this one isn't , and neither was the previous fixture in June.

I thought having a seperate French TV deal was a part of Catalans and Toulouse's remit?

Hard to force the issue 

Les Dracs haven't helped themselves with losing possession, but eventually Romano goes in at the corner after 35 minutes. 4-4

• Like 1

4-4 at HT.  Tomkins missed the conversion attempt and then, a minute from the break, Langhi and Laguerre stopped a Giants' try effort.

• Like 1

Period of Dragons' pressure continuing.  Jullian off for an HIA.  Giants player on report.  Romano high tackled.  Huddersfield forced to drop out under the sticks...but they are holding out their hosts from adding more points.

All happening near the Huddersfield goal line.  Giants pinged for a forward pass, Pearce tries a drop-goal which hits the posts, Fages gathers the ball, but loses it to Tomkons, who drops a goal with just over a minute to go!  13-12 to les Dracs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All over!  Dragons 13 Giants 12.  Sounds to have been an exciting affair.  What a shame it wasn't on TV.

I imagine MacNamara will be pleased with the determination shown and his team getting back to being solid in defence.  For the Giants, no disgrace these days in coming to Perpignan and only losing by a point.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

All happening near the Huddersfield goal line.  Giants pinged for a forward pass, Pearce tries a drop-goal which hits the posts, Fages gathers the ball, but loses it to Tomkons, who drops a goal with just over a minute to go!  13-12 to les Dracs.

Tomkins is definitely worth the big money Cats pay him - turned into a real leader and talisman for Cats - hopefully for England as well.

• Like 2