D-Day England release new kit! (Needs it's very own thread)

2 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I like the shirt and just went to buy one.

Can anyone tell me what L, XL, 2XL, 3XL means?

I'm not going to guess and end up having to send it back and guess again.

I suggest, if Oxen or the RFL or the World Cup organisers really want to increase sales, over previous efforts, they should specify the sizes, so potential customers can work out what they are going to get, rather than this absurd ambiguity.

Why haven't they included a ''size guide''? 

Size guide would be pointless IMO as the sizes vary wildly anyway. They've also dropped XS as a size, the explanation I was given was that size 14 Junior is the same size - Which would mean Id have to get one without BetFred on if I wanted one, actually their lack of sizes might be better in this instance!!!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Moove said:

Big, really big, twice as really big, and 'really hope you're not sat next to me at Old Trafford'

Ha ha ha.

Let me ask you (and everyone else), do you think this ambiguity will tend to encourage sales, or inhibit sales?

11 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Ha ha ha.

Let me ask you (and everyone else), do you think this ambiguity will tend to encourage sales, or inhibit sales?

But there is a size guide?

https://www.eliteprosports.co.uk/product/england-rl-2022-replica-home-shirt-free-training-tee/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Ha ha ha.

Well I'd say inhibit but there is a size guide there. It's right above the drop down to select the size.

There's a button which says 'CLICK HERE FOR SIZE GUIDE'.

Screenshot_20220729-120326_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I don't understand why the England athletes and teams at the Commonwealth games are wearing red, England wear blue. 

Pretty smart kit as well, nobody will buy it though, it's not navy

spacer.png

Edited by Chrispmartha

14 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Thank you so much for that.

The size guide just didn't appear on my website page.

I don't know why, but now at least, I can go and place an order. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Pretty smart kit as well, nobody will buy it though, it's not navy

spacer.png

The 7s kit looks decent and their training kit is also lovely.

I seem to remember the last time round it was all a bit rubbish so definitely an example of some folk being able to up their game.

EDIT

The stuff in their shop though ... mostly bobbins.

Edited by gingerjon

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

35 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Ha ha ha.

Are you sat typing this naked or currently wearing clothing? If it's the latter then you will have figured this #### out at some point in your life?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Are you sat typing this naked 

TRIGGER WARNINGS EXIST FOR THIS REASON

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

I think the England RL kit looks loads nicer than that 😬

This is the 7s kit in action. I like it a lot (I much prefer plain and unfussy kits, especially for national teams) but I think it would probably be too plain for most or to sell well.

Bild

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

This is the 7s kit in action. I like it a lot (I much prefer plain and unfussy kits, especially for national teams) but I think it would probably be too plain for most or to sell well.

Bild

I'd take the new England RL shirt over that every day of the week to be honest

1 minute ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

I'd take the new England RL shirt over that every day of the week to be honest

Yes. It's an example of even though I like it, I'd not be suggesting it to be our national shirt.

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Is that one in the background in blue the England player? 

Not sure. But I was disappointed to turn on the cricket the other day, only to be unable to see a single England player on the pitch. And don't tell me that those players with 'England' on their shirts are England - I'm not falling for that nonsense...

See the source image

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Are you sat typing this naked or currently wearing clothing? If it's the latter then you will have figured this #### out at some point in your life?

Well I know the answer to the question, in the post you responded to/quoted.

I was merely posing it to some of the other contributors here.

I have to say though, that I didn't really understand your post.

Were you suggesting that I ought to know by now, that the RFL is hopeless at marketing?

Or were you alluding to a previous post and implying that (because I'm dressed) I should know what XL, 2XL etc. means?

I have been up this road quite a few times in my life (trying to buy without a size guide explaining what those ridiculous designations mean) and have had to endure so much hassle (guessing, buying, sending back, guessing again ... and again) that I vowed never to get caught in that trap again.

Anyway, I trust you can see why I was complaining. Are you happy to take a chance?

I suppose there is a general point here that shouldn't focus on the micro outcome of how many England RL shirts get sold (the answer whatever the design will be = not that many), so it's whetehr it is more valuable to build a recognisable brand or sell a couple of hundred more shirts short term.

It would be nice to get to a point where you can look at a shirt and say "that's an England RL shirt" in the same way you can Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Wire, Hull and indeed the Kangaroos and Kiwis.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Not sure. But I was disappointed to turn on the cricket the other day, only to be unable to see a single England player on the pitch. And don't tell me that those players with 'England' on their shirts are England - I'm not falling for that nonsense...

See the source image

The England Cricket Branding has always been blue (much like the England football branding which used blue as it was taken from the FA's official colour of blue), take a look at their logo. England RL branding has never been anything but Red and White

3 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

I suppose there is a general point here that shouldn't focus on the micro outcome of how many England RL shirts get sold (the answer whatever the design will be = not that many), so it's whetehr it is more valuable to build a recognisable brand or sell a couple of hundred more shirts short term.

It would be nice to get to a point where you can look at a shirt and say "that's an England RL shirt" in the same way you can Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Wire, Hull and indeed the Kangaroos and Kiwis.

This was my point when I responded to the cas guy on twitter - it's really not about sales of shirts, and if it the RFL and Oxen think that's the only metric then they are useless as I think they are.

Edited by Chrispmartha

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Me neither really But it does have some nice little design touches, and how to use the St Georges flag in a more subtle wayspacer.pngspacer.png

I think this is where it's interesting to see different people's personal preferences come out. For me, that shirt and that detail drifts in to 'overkill'. It might be clever from a design point of view, but for me it's just too busy and should be more simplistic.

This is why the England RL shirt is very much a case of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' in terms of the actual design (ignoring the branding arguments about changing from red so late in the day, which you articulated very well).