The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

18 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Billy Tsikrikas to Cas from Canterbury for the rest of the season.

Alex Foster also returning to the club.

A third player is coming for this season, sadly its not Kayal Iro.  Josh Simms would be my guess.

Iro showed up pretty well in the WC last year in attack, looked very dangerous with ball in hand, though his defence was awful at times.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

5 hours ago, dkw said:

Alex Young signing for.........Sydney Roosters....

Yes, really.

So basically any young up and coming players who want a shot at The NRL should be looking to come on up to Newcastle aka the NRL departure lounge!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fezzas_Flash said:

Tsikrikas has been playing very limited minutes- mostly off the bench for the Bulldogs nsw cup team. Missing out on the 17 completely some weeks. Bit of an odd one for me

Not according to Last, wouldn't suprise me if Andy Last had been watching the wrong player like 🤣

To be honest we definitely need a bit of size and go forward in the pack.  I suspect he will be an improvement on the likes of Griffin and Vete and such.

But the club are just desperate for signings.

Could have been avoided had they have proactively replaced Mamo earlier in the season and kept Milner and Smith unless an appropriate swap deal became available.

Screenshot_20230720_145231_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Gates1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Iro showed up pretty well in the WC last year in attack, looked very dangerous with ball in hand, though his defence was awful at times.

Yeah disappointed we didn't get him.  Apparently agreed terms but the Cronulla won't release him.

Think he'd have gone very well in SL and the type of strike player Cas are missing.  Can't be any worse than Fonua in defence too!

6 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

To be honest we definitely need a bit of size and go forward in the pack.  I suspect he will be an improvement on the likes of Griffin and Vete and such.

I was surprised they signed Vete after a pretty lacklustre showing at KR. Hopefully you get more production out of these signings.
Although I heard Cas signed Namo who was on trial at the Cowboys. Couldn’t bruise a grape in QLD cup all year and currently recovering from a torn acl. For their Super League future. I hope they know what they’re doing!

1 hour ago, Fezzas_Flash said:

I was surprised they signed Vete after a pretty lacklustre showing at KR. Hopefully you get more production out of these signings.
Although I heard Cas signed Namo who was on trial at the Cowboys. Couldn’t bruise a grape in QLD cup all year and currently recovering from a torn acl. For their Super League future. I hope they know what they’re doing!

I actually didnt mind the Vete signing when announced, thought in the few games i saw him play for okay he KR he looked okay.  I was definitely wrong, he's terrible.  Carrying far too much weight and can barely run.  Made an average of 5 metres a carry vs Hull, pathetic for a bloke weighing 125 KG.

Yeah Cas have signed:

Putt, Namo (doesn't sound promising then), Sam Wood, Josh Sims and Jordan Crowther for next year so far - that's of we don't get relegated!

Think Putt and Wood will go well.  Less keen on the others.

One of the worst kept secrets finally confirmed that Daryl Clark has signed for Saints on a 3Yr deal.

Bit surprised about the length of the deal but it at least gives us continuity in that position for the next few years with him & Mbye, and gives time for the 2 teenage academy hookers (Pemberton & Nolan) time to develop.

• Like 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

18 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

One of the worst kept secrets finally confirmed that Daryl Clark has signed for Saints on a 3Yr deal.

Bit surprised about the length of the deal but it at least gives us continuity in that position for the next few years with him & Mbye, and gives time for the 2 teenage academy hookers (Pemberton & Nolan) time to develop.

He is only 30 so it's not a gamble.

19 hours ago, FR23 said:

Tyrone may to Leigh anyone heard? 

Isn't it his ambition to return to the NRL to play with his brothers? 

But if it is Leigh, they will need to jettison an overseas player, could it be as a replacement for Ricky Lutele whose season ending injury is worse than being reported?

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Isn't it his ambition to return to the NRL to play with his brothers? 

But if it is Leigh, they will need to jettison an overseas player, could it be as a replacement for Ricky Lutele whose season ending injury is worse than being reported?

Thought the story was for next year. Though, I think Leigh need to find another centre for the rest of this season.

20 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Thought the story was for next year. Though, I think Leigh need to find another centre for the rest of this season.

Could we get Wardle to come and play with his brother?

I think that Mr Lam will go with Chamberlain, but if Ricky is crocked we will still have to pay him to sit on the sidelines may as well pay him off and free up a space, I know that sounds harsh but it is no time for sentiment and I can't see any Brits apart from Farnworth and he is not available, need to look to Aus, I have faith in Mr Lam’s contact book.

Edited by Harry Stottle

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Could we get Wardle to come and play with his brother?

I think that Mr Lam will go with Chamberlain, but if Ricky is crocked we will still have to pay him to sit on the sidelines may as well pay him off and free up a space, I know that sounds harsh but it is no time for sentiment and I can't see any Brits apart from Farnworth and he is not available, need to look to Aus, I have faith in Mr Lam’s contact book.

Luetele is contracted for next year, so I don't see him being paid off, as will hopefully be part of the squad next season. Yes, he will stick with Chamberlain, and he had a good game on Saturday. But Brand, Hanley and Nisbet are also injured (or they were according to Lam a week or so ago). So any more injuries to any backs and we'll find ourselves with a back rower playing centre.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Luetele is contracted for next year, so I don't see him being paid off, as will hopefully be part of the squad next season. Yes, he will stick with Chamberlain, and he had a good game on Saturday. But Brand, Hanley and Nisbet are also injured (or they were according to Lam a week or so ago). So any more injuries to any backs and we'll find ourselves with a back rower playing centre.

Have we any alternative?

2 hours ago, phiggins said:

Chamberlain has been more than capable filling in since he came back into the side for Catalans. There were some big question marks over him after his games at right centre early in the season where he didn't look up to the task of SL but i've been pleasantly surprised by his form in the 2nd row against Cats/Hull KR/Salford and at left centre against Salford/Saints. If we do lose another centre before Brand, Hanley or Nisbet are back in then we'd just have to put Wardle or Kai O'Donnell(once his ban is up) in there. In a real pinch I think Reynolds would be capable there with Mellor taking his place in the halves.

21 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Surely that's not true?

Technically he isn’t cup tied as he hasn’t played for anyone else in the CC. He was though signed after the deadline so can’t play in the final is my understanding. 

• Like 1