Dewsbury at home next.

Peter Winthorpe

Well let's try to build up some excitement about our first home game for ages and against a club who I have visited and admired over the years.

They seem destined for the drop and will go down fighting as they know how they finish this season will decide how they start the next.

If we are to have any chance of rebounding back to the championship next year they will no doubt be one of the strongest teams, so it is essential that we get the whole of Allerdale raliie⁸d to help us support town in this crucial game. We need all the hard-core supporters who are despondent to give us their support and cash once again. And for then to bring a mate or two to swell the gate and funds going into next season. There is a discounted price but the weather does not look great at that date.

We have Haven to follow but the Dewsbury game is the game that we need to win first to encourage the club for the Derby.

Please all townies do what you can to drum up enthusiasm. UTT.

• Like 3

What's the discounted price?

Maybe publicise it on the Dewsbury forum and persuade a few more to make the trip?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well, it looks definitely like this will be the Championship Wooden-spoon Arm Wrestle (TM) to determine which is really the worst team in the league. If you win, which you should on our recent form, you can also confirm our relegation.

Despite our horror show today I will be coming to visit, along with a small number of hardy souls.

Are your pies any good?

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

£10 for adults but that maybe if purchased on line. Check Town's website.

For whatever reason Norton is blocking me from accessing the "Tickets" section of your club's website labelling it a "known dangerous web page". Maybe let someone at the club know?

EDIT: when I turn the extension off in my browser the link directs you to a dodgy recruitment site, not the ticket site. It looks like your web site has been hacked.

Edited by Blind side johnny

52 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

For whatever reason Norton is blocking me from accessing the "Tickets" section of your club's website labelling it a "known dangerous web page". Maybe let someone at the club know?

EDIT: when I turn the extension off in my browser the link directs you to a dodgy recruitment site, not the ticket site. It looks like your web site has been hacked.

Seems to be working ok…

https://www.tickettailor.com/events/town/735616/#

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

12 hours ago, Derwent said:

Yes, that works, thanks.

The tickets link on the official website still leads to the dodgy page, though.

So, I repeat, what about the pies?

Worth the gamble or bring our own? Any other culinary advice?

45 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

I rarely eat in the ground, but I think no pies, just burgers n chips, sorry marra🫣😆

A sad state of affairs. They used to  sell Haigh's pies in DP. 

• Like 1

There's a few things we need to bring back to the ground  and those pies were great.

Perhaps Sizzling Simon could add then to his range. Or a hot oven in the bar.

Hope there are a good few coming from Dewsbury. Westfield Miners welfare used to go down to a club down there and they would bring a trip up as well for the matches in the 70s or 80.s went myself they were great days.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

There's a few things we need to bring back to the ground  and those pies were great.

Perhaps Sizzling Simon could add then to his range. Or a hot oven in the bar.

Hope there are a good few coming from Dewsbury. Westfield Miners welfare used to go down to a club down there and they would bring a trip up as well for the matches in the 70s or 80.s went myself they were great days.

Unfortunately, given our current form, the distance and weather forecast I reckon there might be 30 of us at the most. I usually look forward to a pie from West of the Pennines as they are superior all round. Looks like I will have to wait a bit longer for one.

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Unfortunately, given our current form, the distance and weather forecast I reckon there might be 30 of us at the most. I usually look forward to a pie from West of the Pennines as they are superior all round. Looks like I will have to wait a bit longer for one.

I thought these Cumbrians only ate jam, BSJ.

Have I misunderstood?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

16 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

I thought these Cumbrians only ate jam, BSJ.

Have I misunderstood?

We are not qualified to enter such a discussion SJS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well we asked for a statement from the Board and in the 11th hour we got one

We are for some reason in the sh** , the BOD have put their hopes in getting the crowd that turned up last year to thr next game  but people support a winning team, and sales have been poor. So reluctantly they have released a statement which on first reading is less than clear. What do we do argue about it and cast comments about the shambles we are or. Do ad I asked when I started this post and ask for all old and new supporters to rally and get there mates to come with them to Sundays game. The weather is not going to be great so external bars will not be great.

Getting people through the gate is important  so I will buy s couple of tickets even though I can not make the 480 mile journey.

Come on Workington we need our club

UTT

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Getting people through the gate is important  so I will buy s couple of tickets even though I can not make the 480 mile journey.

That's an admirable gesture to make Peter, I'm sure the BOD will appreciate it.

But I feel any pleas for folk to do similar are what I would class as appealing, or preaching, to the converted.

That is most fans on this forum will have for instance contributed to the 'just giving' appeal - which has stalled at £9060 for three days now.

What is required is the club to aim their appeals, somehow, to those LOST FANS.....For example the ones who did in the recent past comment on this forum, even adding Town til I die, but no longer participate here.

I'm unsure how this can be done, I can see a problem but not got the answer ......... perhaps the local press could help?????

4 hours ago, chromedome said:

That's an admirable gesture to make Peter, I'm sure the BOD will appreciate it.

But I feel any pleas for folk to do similar are what I would class as appealing, or preaching, to the converted.

That is most fans on this forum will have for instance contributed to the 'just giving' appeal - which has stalled at £9060 for three days now.

What is required is the club to aim their appeals, somehow, to those LOST FANS.....For example the ones who did in the recent past comment on this forum, even adding Town til I die, but no longer participate here.

I'm unsure how this can be done, I can see a problem but not got the answer ......... perhaps the local press could help?????

Just checked the weather again Mr C and its now changed to 17c and Sunny on Sunday. Hopefully this will help sway a few to go.

Got my tickets but will have to rely on Radio Cumbria, hope they cover for once

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Well we asked for a statement from the Board and in the 11th hour we got one

We are for some reason in the sh** , the BOD have put their hopes in getting the crowd that turned up last year to thr next game  but people support a winning team, and sales have been poor. So reluctantly they have released a statement which on first reading is less than clear. What do we do argue about it and cast comments about the shambles we are or. Do ad I asked when I started this post and ask for all old and new supporters to rally and get there mates to come with them to Sundays game. The weather is not going to be great so external bars will not be great.

UTT

The biggest issue was expecting fans to prefer to watch better opposition than watching a winning town side, which on this seasons gates proves that it’s absolute nonsense. Fans want to watch a winning side no matter what level, we never blew many sides away last year but were in a lot of compelling close matches that fans enjoyed, who can forget that last second winner vs Rochdale by buffer. We were a good league 1 side that probably over exceeded what anyone thought was capable last year, so it was never going to work putting a few Newcastle cast offs into that squad and think  we’d be anything other than what we are now, especially after losing our best player last season in Holroyd. 

• Like 5

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Agree with this but we had to take the promotion that we earned.

If we had not gone up the Local Lads would have had a full season to adjust to the required level of Semi Professional and we could have continued adding what was required for the Championship with a decent income through the gates as many are saying sadly in West Cumbria supporters are very fickle and crowds would have been bigger for a winning team.

Survival should have been the main aim this year but for whatever reasons we started the season with a squad which most of us knew meant we were in for a very disappointing and difficult season.

I think when you go for promotion you have to build to it , build a Team gradually , get the finances in place ( as Barrow have done) . Last year at the start of the season most fans didn`t  expect to go up, if that sounds like rubbish have a look back at fans comments before last season started , we were therefore going up without everything in place .It will be interesring to see how Keighley go next season after having an extra 12 months to prepare .

• Like 1