The World Cup

19 minutes ago, Copa said:

Gonna be weird hearing you all sing God Save The King.

For a long time with Charles, William and then George.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

The epitome of regal names . Its never Burt and Dennis

Maybe one day. King Wayne and Queen Consort Tracey. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theroar.com.au/2022/09/09/what-the-2022-super-league-dream-team-reveals-about-the-declining-standard-of-english-rugby-league/amp/

I actually agree with this. I watched one of the SL games recently between Leeds and Castleford and I'm not gonna lie I turned it off after 30mins it was one of the worst games I've seen. Is the quality in the Super League getting worse? I hope not because we need England to be strong every year. If England turns up at the world cup and don't even make the semis it's gonna prove that the Super League is declining big time

3 hours ago, Mojo said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theroar.com.au/2022/09/09/what-the-2022-super-league-dream-team-reveals-about-the-declining-standard-of-english-rugby-league/amp/

I actually agree with this. I watched one of the SL games recently between Leeds and Castleford and I'm not gonna lie I turned it off after 30mins it was one of the worst games I've seen. Is the quality in the Super League getting worse? I hope not because we need England to be strong every year. If England turns up at the world cup and don't even make the semis it's gonna prove that the Super League is declining big time

Gees, I Turn the NRL off all the time.

Edited by rlno1

12 hours ago, Copa said:

It’s also the joint official national anthem of NZ but they rarely use it. They mostly use God Defend New Zealand.

I always thought it was " God Help New Zealand " 😛

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, rlno1 said:

Gees, I Turn the NRL off all the time.

Did I hit a nerve lol? How do you have a SL dream team and not have one English player in the backline? All I'm saying is the SL is declining, and even you English fans have to admit it too. It's not good for the game if they are

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Did I hit a nerve lol? How do you have a SL dream team and not have one English player in the backline? All I'm saying is the SL is declining, and even you English fans have to admit it too. It's not good for the game if they are

What happend to Jack Welsby ? Did he get kicked of the team.

22 minutes ago, Mojo said:

The Dally M team of the year last year had this pack.

8. James Fisher-Harris

9. Brandon Smith

10. Payne Haas

11. Isaiah Papali'i

12. Viliame Kikau

13. Isaah Yeo

Doesn't look like a Kangaroo pack to me

• Like 4

Last year's NRL Dally M team of the year included 7 players who would be considered for Australia for this World Cup.

This year's Super League dream team contains 6 players who would be considered for England.

I am deeply worried about the declining standards of the NRL and Super League.

10 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

The Dally M team of the year last year had this pack.

8. James Fisher-Harris

9. Brandon Smith

10. Payne Haas

11. Isaiah Papali'i

12. Viliame Kikau

13. Isaah Yeo

Doesn't look like a Kangaroo pack to me

Now compare the quality of those players to the has beens in the SL dream team. Shaun Kenny-Dowall as a example who's in the dream team is laughable. Y'all seriously can't be happy with those players in the SL dream team

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Last year's NRL Dally M team of the year included 7 players who would be considered for Australia for this World Cup.

This year's Super League dream team contains 6 players who would be considered for England.

I am deeply worried about the declining standards of the NRL and Super League.

All the other players who aren't "aussies" are quality players playing at a very high level. They aren't players who are playing towards the end of there career or trying to survive on the rugby league team.

8 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I’m pretty confident this is just a one off thing. It’s very over top to say the standard of English rugby league is decreasing entirely because of a few imports from the Southern Hemisphere having a good season.

That's why i said if the English has a terrible world cup and don't make it to the semi finals it's not gonna look good.

12 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I’m pretty confident this is just a one off thing. It’s very over top to say the standard of English rugby league is decreasing entirely because of a few imports from the Southern Hemisphere having a good season.

On another subject you still think Dce should start over Cleary in the world cup? No way after Cleary dominated the eels

2 minutes ago, Mojo said:

All the other players who aren't "aussies" are quality players playing at a very high level. They aren't players who are playing towards the end of there career or trying to survive on the rugby league team.

46 minutes ago, Mojo said:

11 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Now compare the quality of those players to the has beens in the SL dream team. Shaun Kenny-Dowall as a example who's in the dream team is laughable. Y'all seriously can't be happy with those players in the SL dream team

7 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Any chance you could land on one argument and stick with it, all this spinning around is making me dizzy.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Any chance you could land on one argument and stick with it, all this spinning around is making me dizzy.

The whole point is the quality of players making the SL dream team is terrible. If those players make it over the English players, than it goes to show the quality of English players in the SL is terrible. Comparing it to the Nrl Team of the year to make a point is a terrible take on your part. Yeah they're not filled with aussie players but the players that are in there are playing at a high level.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

To be fair, i think he has a valid point about the quality of the dream team - it doesn't bode well if the Superleague English players arent heavily represented.

However, a quick look at the 2017 team and only Luke Gale and OLoughlin are in the team, so..

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

4 minutes ago, Mojo said:

The whole point is the quality of players making the SL dream team is terrible. If those players make it over the English players, than it goes to show the quality of English players in the SL is terrible. Comparing it to the Nrl Team of the year to make a point is a terrible take on your part. Yeah they're not filled with aussie players but the players that are in there are playing at a high level.

Look, I'm just deeply concerned about the quality of the Australian national side coming into this World Cup.  They are the defending champions and with so many of the best players in the Australian national competition representing other nations, I just don't want the defending champions to be embarrassed.

• Like 1