Just Chat

jroyales

On 11/12/2022 at 18:33, Anita Bath said:

Is Oldham in a different time zone to the rest of the country…..or do you work off the Hamiltonian calendar?

Its two weeks to Christmas here in Gods country….any way peace, prosperity and good health…at least until good friday.

Cummon Ornits

At the risk of getting banned from the forum, I have to agree with the Hornet on this one 😟. I still have cards to post and our decorations are still in the loft 🌲 But nonetheless, I wish all at ORLFC, supporters and everyone on the forum (even the Hornet) a merry Christmas and a very happy and successful New Year.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Chatting to an old rugby friend of mine we were obviously reminiscing about the good old days, and he mentioned the collection to buy Barry Kear from Castleford. At halftime six supporters carried an open sheet onto which other supporters threw their money.

Could be wrong but from what I can remember he cost £6000 and the club sold him later for £9000!

I still have the shares bought to support the club - to no avail it still went to the wall. I often think what Quinn is doing on his multi million pound stud farm in Ireland. The other half of B&Q, Oldham Rugby destroyers, still shows his face around the town.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd put this one here. It's the proposed new rules that are being trialled. Tackles below the armpit I fully understand, but the kick off taken ten metres further forward seems a bit strange. The idea being to reduce the impact of the players bringing the ball forward. Well, as someone on the main board said players are at full speed within 20 metres anyway. There is one thing, however, and that is a change of tactics. If you are kicking off ten metres further forward then it makes a short kick off more advantageous. Therefore changing the game significantly. Any thoughts?

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 1

On 23/04/2023 at 09:23, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd put this one here. It's the proposed new rules that are being trialled. Tackles below the armpit I fully understand, but the kick off taken ten metres further forward seems a bit strange. The idea being to reduce the impact of the players bringing the ball forward. Well, as someone on the main board said players are at full speed within 20 metres anyway. There is one thing, however, and that is a change of tactics. If you are kicking off ten metres further forward then it makes a short kick off more advantageous. Therefore changing the game significantly. Any thoughts?

I think it's a good idea to trial these things.

Sadly I think concussions will have a big impact on the game going forward.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• 1 month later...

Good to hear he is still with us. I thought Moran was also on a month's loan - hopefully not. He has been a standout player in all of the games he has played in.

I hope Kibula shows more in his remaining games than he did against Hunslet.

5 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Good to hear he is still with us. I thought Moran was also on a month's loan - hopefully not. He has been a standout player in all of the games he has played in.

I hope Kibula shows more in his remaining games than he did against Hunslet.

Pat Moran is not a loan signing. Kibula is a loan signing, initially for 5 games (2 of which are played and won).

• Like 2

How long is Connor Carr on loan to us and where does he come from?

I have never, in 60 years of watching our great game, seen a player smash players out of the way and run 80 yards with one boot.

Hope he is here for the season and beyond.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jroyales said:

How long is Connor Carr on loan to us and where does he come from?

I have never, in 60 years of watching our great game, seen a player smash players out of the way and run 80 yards with one boot.

Hope he is here for the season and beyond.

He's on a season long Loan from Huddersfield. He was initially on a short term. But that was extended in Feb to all season.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Reading the Yed website, it looks like we will have two more players banned. Is it just us because I don't see it happening to other clubs. Like someone said on this site we seem to be being hammered by referees on the pitch and now by plonkers off the pitch as well.

On 23/06/2023 at 07:03, jroyales said:

Reading the Yed website, it looks like we will have two more players banned. Is it just us because I don't see it happening to other clubs. Like someone said on this site we seem to be being hammered by referees on the pitch and now by plonkers off the pitch as well.

You really don’t like officials do you. We’ve had 3 players banned this for various offences so Oldham aren’t unique. I think after last night’s game you could be looking at least one player being banned.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...