Just Chat

jroyales

1 hour ago, Duncan Disorderly said:

The economic equivalent of modern day Turkey compared to the Byzantine empire?????

Or were you thinking something more rugby related????

Aaah, tbh the fourth crusade which ,it could be argued, was the reason that Constantinople is now Istanbul.  Had the crusaders not stopped off to sack said city then maybe the ottoman empire may not have come to fruition, and hence modern day turkey. But maybe the butterfly effect meant that the greatest game would not have existed!!!? 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Out Of Your League on Apple Podcasts

With Mark Flanagan and Barrie Mac. Lots of mentions of our beloved Oldham including Barrie's famed CS Gas moment.

Really enjoyed yet another podcast with an Oldham rugby league legend. Just one thing though, when Barrie said a group of northerners got together and had an argument, the host piped up with "in Huddersfield at the George". Barrie or Mark should have retorted with "organised by Oldhamer Joseph platt who run the northern union from Oldham for 35 years". I noticed Fordy in his podcast mentioned Joseph Platt. The more we bang on about it the more people will realise Oldham is just as important, if not more so, than Huddersfield.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Just read back through the 2023 squad thread and all the players seem to have signed one year contracts

Contracts will surely depend upon which division you are in next year.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 1 month later...

I notice the Australians have read posted position numbers on shorts. Numbered 1 to 17. It is really time we dropped squad numbers.

I learned  the game by my dad telling me to watch a certain position. So he would say watch the number 6 today, he is the stand off half, see what he does and then we would discuss it on the way home. 

Edited by sheddingswasus
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, saints10coach said:

RL at this level is a farce. With dual reg, loan players etc. Gone are the days of knowing who all your players are. This along with short term contracts, does not allow youngsters to tag someone as their favourite player, as they are usually gone the season after.

Agree. Speaking of which, I posted on another thread to ask about the Awards Night winners, but no response. So, does anyone know who they were, or is it a secret amongst those who were there, on the night?  

I would imagine now the event is out of the way the club will continue with their squad announcements when they can. A lot of players are out of contact on 30th September. I notice clubs generally at lower levels  are only announcing retained players. The London Scholars situation with perhaps change the thinking a touch ( not if Oldham) given no one knows what is happening next season.