Ridiculous

On 28/08/2022 at 20:21, DEANO said:

Has nobody heard the word irony 😂

It's what that famous old bridge over the River Severn in Shropshire is, isn't it?

On 28/08/2022 at 20:21, DEANO said:

Has nobody heard the word irony 😂

Is it what your wife does to shirts after washing them?😉

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

It’s interesting. There’s a thread on here where many are championing giving one expansion side a stay of execution whilst wanting, on another thread, to change the structure at very short notice to throw another expansion side out of the sport. There’s also many who believe that the game’s best growth opportunities are via clubs away from the traditional corridor of clubs. We lost a couple of those clubs in the nineties when the game demoted teams that finished at the bottom of the table. 

League One over the past twenty years has been played in London, Hertfordshire, Oxford, Gloucestershire, West/South Wales, Birmingham, Newcastle, Wrexham, York, Blackpool, Toulouse and Toronto as well as Yorkshire, Lancashire and Cumbria. If only the game had a plan, those whose wish it is to grow the game, could have had their wish. 

• Like 2

On 28/08/2022 at 18:59, Damien said:

The trouble is we have leagues within leagues in both the Championship and League 1. We don't have enough teams like Leigh and Fev in the Championship and the better teams in League 1 are too good for the expansion type clubs.

And there is not two leagues in the SL? I should imagine most people will get 5 out of 6 correct of who finishes in the top half and bottom half of the table each season, Wire and Salford have swopped places this season, both down to the selection of the coaches.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

And there is not two leagues in the SL? I should imagine most people will get 5 out of 6 correct of who finishes in the top half and bottom half of the table each season, Wire and Salford have swopped places this season, both down to the selection of the coaches.

Yes SL too but not to anywhere near the same extent. Obviously equal funding covering a fair percentage of the salary cap sees less of a difference. Also as no team in SL has conceded 100 points I didn't think it was particularly relevant.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Also as no team in SL has conceded 100 points I didn't think it was particularly relevant

We have seen a couple of 70's and for that to happen to full time professionals is every bit as bad if not worse than some rank part timers letting 100 in, don't you agree?

• Like 2

On 28/08/2022 at 19:43, yipyee said:

There are not enough teams to form proper divisions, the bottom 4 in SL and the top 4 in the championship should be a league and same again with championship and league 1

The problem is that 8 team leagues don't work.

The answer is to have Toronto and toulouses, crusaders (SL crusaders) etc but the M62 brigade close ranks

You cant compare bottom 4 of SG with top 4 of championship when the bottom 4 in SG get 1.8M each and Top 4 of Champ get  a couple of 100k ish each, and 

You cant compare bottom 4 of championship with top 4 of L1 when the bottom 4 in championship get 100k ish each and Top 4 of L1  get less than half of that amount each.

Dont know exact numbers but wont be far off.

Share the CF equally or stop it altogether that is the only way you can get proper divisions!

Leigh and Fev are in a good position thanks to Messrs Beaumont and McManus nothing to do with Central Funding. But all their hard work and money is cancelled out because the SG teams get double that amount just for being in SL.

We will only find out the true divisions when Sky eventually pulls the plug

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yes SL too but not to anywhere near the same extent. Obviously equal funding covering a fair percentage of the salary cap sees less of a difference. Also as no team in SL has conceded 100 points I didn't think it was particularly relevant.

I think we still hold the record when we put 96 on Salford at Odsal around the turn of the century. 

I also remeber being at Wilderspool probably a year or 2 later when we put 80 odd on Wire, possibly still  the record for an away team. 

47 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Share the CF equally

Every division but the Championship does.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

I mean across the whole League system.

How can you justify £1800000 for each SL team and £20k for each L1 team

I know. They both should be higher.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

So not a whole league system as per RL.

Depends on your definition of a "whole league system".

But now you're changing the question.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

3 minutes ago, Griff said:

Depends on your definition of a "whole league system".

But now you're changing the question.

I mean the post I quoted is below and so the definition is there. You simply tried to be smart but instead look incredibly stupid:

32 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

I mean across the whole League system.

How can you justify £1800000 for each SL team and £20k for each L1 team

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Where are them threads. 🤔🤔

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

We have seen a couple of 70's and for that to happen to full time professionals is every bit as bad if not worse than some rank part timers letting 100 in, don't you agree?

You just won't let it go will you. 😉

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

How many L1 games do Sky broadcast ?

Dose not matter - the sky money is given to the RFL - the RFL should be looking after the whole of Rugby league not just the chosen few.The relegated team even gets a parachute payment [higher than what the league below gets] to ensure the riff raff dont get in!

4 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Dose not matter - the sky money is given to the RFL - the RFL should be looking after the whole of Rugby league not just the chosen few.The relegated team even gets a parachute payment [higher than what the league below gets] to ensure the riff raff dont get in!

The Sky money isn’t given to the RFL though,it’s given to the Superleague clubs,only a relative small percentage goes to the RFL.

Without the Sky money we’d have no full time RL clubs & without those clubs we wouldn’t have a meaningful broadcast deal & the game would be bankrupt.

• Like 5