Thorman gone

anok4u

4 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Why are you quoting me here Brookie? At no point did I say he was solely to blame, in fact in my second paragraph I point out that much of it was out of his hands. I also never mentioned his man management.

I wasn't quoting anybody, it was my own opinion

end of the day he's departing after next week's defeat, along with half the squad I reckon!!

Fair to say that all supporters are disappointed that it hasn't worked out for him at DP, and I don't for one minute think anyone bares him any malice and he will always be made welcome at the club should he visit .

but let's be honest, we are at rock bottom (yet again) and have to start the long rebuilding process to firstly make ourselves a force in League One and get all the off-field structures in place in readiness for IMG making decisions on future league structures.

I'm certain they will be going back to licensing, and we have to make sure that the club is best placed to mount its case to retain its position as a professional club

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

end of the day he's departing after next week's defeat, along with half the squad I reckon!!

Fair to say that all supporters are disappointed that it hasn't worked out for him at DP, and I don't for one minute think anyone bares him any malice and he will always be made welcome at the club should he visit .

but let's be honest, we are at rock bottom (yet again) and have to start the long rebuilding process to firstly make ourselves a force in League One and get all the off-field structures in place in readiness for IMG making decisions on future league structures.

I'm certain they will be going back to licensing, and we have to make sure that the club is best placed to mount its case to retain its position as a professional club

Fully agree, and both CH and the club will have learnt a lot from his stint at Derwent park, its all to the future now and re building.

18 hours ago, silverfox said:

Lighthowler showed great promise before he got a season ending injury . If fully recovers he would be one of the first to retain . Sad to see Chris go, as I know how hard he tried to make this work . Good luck  Chris  in your next venture . 

Totally agree with u Chris put in lots of hours that he didn't need to do. He tried his best with his hands tied behind his back he's been one of the best this club has had . Good luck to him whatever he decides to do. 

• Like 9

On 05/09/2022 at 20:15, Haven Rugby League said:

Best thing what could have happened to Town. I would give Charlo a ring. Just on Sammut !  heading to Keighley for the 💰 

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/jarrod-sammut-signs-new-deal-with-barrow-raiders/

I won't be asking you for Lottery numbers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Betts loads of connections but Newcastle shows you can bring in who you want but if they don’t gel you have no chance. Go back to what I Said earlier Doran in a player coach role with Buffer on sidelines, Doran is liked by a lot of lads in the county so lads would probably play for him. Least he has Town at heart! 

😂 apparently offered 50k to go Keighley but Must see Barrow as a better prospect. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Chris has been confirmed as Thunder's new coach , I wish him well 👍

It will be interesting to see his stance on his pack at Newcastle next season, also wonder if he will be looking to take some of the Town players with him to the toon.  

3 minutes ago, JMB said:

wonder if he will be looking to take some of the Town players with him to the toon.  

Well if his man management skill is somewhat lacking, as several have indicated on this forum, then I guess he'll not be able to persuade many to link up with him again....although less travelling for training might count for some ??

• Like 1