Jump to content

Outside Leeds & St Helens Is Anyone Interested in Another Sts V Rhinos Grand Final


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

 

You are really not coming across great in this thread.  You have taken positive comments and tried to turn them into some bizarre and completely unconnected negative.

Not a problem , I post what I ' feel ' , if other posters including yourself don't really ' get ' what I'm saying , no problem 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

We're all getting very excited about a World Cup.

One country has won eight out of the last nine World Cups.

All I'm really saying is that it's necessarily that that makes something compelling or a reason why people might develop an interest in a sport or a club.

Are we getting excited ? , I'm not , the Aussies will win it again , there will be mostly good games , some blow outs , then a Green/gold v either white or black final , which the Green/gold will win 

Exciting , but not their problem , as many have put on here , it's up to the others to improve 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JM2010 said:

What are you talking about?!!! The question from the OP was does anyone from outside of St Helens or Leeds have any interest in the GF. I'm not a fan of either but still am interested to watch which is what I said. 

I'm interested whoever plays as I'm an RL fan and the GF is usually a good game and event.

Who are the plebs and when did I say I don't want them to win? 

 

I replied to jughead , you are using multiple user names , TROLL 

I'll no longer reply to either user name ,you should be banned , I will report you in the morning 

🙋

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Will we ? , What are you going to compare them to ?

Yes. The comparison will be with the few on here who are not interested. You may  know the type..those who haven't a good word to say about anything SL/RFL does. 

  • Like 1

"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution."

Albert Einstein   (Fat chance on THIS forum)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I replied to jughead , you are using multiple user names , TROLL 

I'll no longer reply to either user name ,you should be banned , I will report you in the morning 

🙋

You also replied to me. You quoted me. I'm not sure why you're so angry. I literally just said that I'm interested in watching the GF even though they've both been in it before.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/09/2022 at 15:32, OMEGA said:

Not really, in my case

 

It's different this year though surely? 

The narrative of a team losing 9 out of 10 at the start beating the team that looked unbeatable 

It'll be pretty much full and an electric atmosphere

Much needed after the 40,000 crowd and empty seats of last year 

I can't wait to get there

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Makes me chuckle how fans bang on about TGG, and are so interested that the register on forums, but say they’re not interested in the biggest game of the year.

Odd.

It’s like toddlers who don’t get exactly what they want. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FearTheVee said:

Makes me chuckle how fans bang on about TGG, and are so interested that the register on forums, but say they’re not interested in the biggest game of the year.

Odd.

This is it isn't it?  And then people take offence when you say they clearly aren't RL fans.  It's like they feel they have a responsibility to not enjoy it,  and also to announce that they won't enjoy it. 

The whole SL season comes down to next week -  how on earth can an RL fan not be interested in it? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

Yes. The comparison will be with the few on here who are not interested. You may  know the type..those who haven't a good word to say about anything SL/RFL does. 

It isn't not interested , it's not as interested 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

It’s like toddlers who don’t get exactly what they want. 

It's exactly that.  But that's RL fans through and through. 

I sometimes think the sense of attachment is problematic -  it means many fans struggle to just crack on and enjoy it if a decision is made that isn't exactly what they would have done.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GUBRATS said:

It isn't not interested , it's not as interested 

That is a completely different point though.  Everyone has preferences that would get their Juices flowing more than others. Like I say,  my preference would be Wire v Anyone,  but the OP and thread title is asking is anyone outside of Leeds or St Helens interested. 

That is far more black and white than saying it would have been nice to have seen Salford make it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's exactly that.  But that's RL fans through and through. 

I sometimes think the sense of attachment is problematic -  it means many fans struggle to just crack on and enjoy it if a decision is made that isn't exactly what they would have done.  

It’s a double edged sword as I think that sense of attachment probably kept the game alive during the bad times. Now it just holds the game back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That is a completely different point though.  Everyone has preferences that would get their Juices flowing more than others. Like I say,  my preference would be Wire v Anyone,  but the OP and thread title is asking is anyone outside of Leeds or St Helens interested. 

That is far more black and white than saying it would have been nice to have seen Salford make it. 

Is ' anyone ' is just a crazy question 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/09/2022 at 16:12, Number 16 said:

Perhaps the GF should be played on a triangular pitch with three sets of posts and three teams. 

Statically we'd have more chance of a unique trio of finalists.

Should boost interest.

Surely hexagonal? If 2 teams play on 4-sided pitches, 3 should be 6-sided. Still need touchlines!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Why did you only quote part of my post ? 

Are you seriously so bitter that you can no longer ' hope ' ? 

So no actual reasons, just this kind of ###### as usual from you when someone dares question your opinion. 

Come on, give me some opinion on how Salford winning the GF would have had an impact on the sports future. How would it improve things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

So no actual reasons, just this kind of ###### as usual from you when someone dares question your opinion. 

Come on, give me some opinion on how Salford winning the GF would have had an impact on the sports future. How would it improve things.

I did , I'll repost my previous post 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/09/2022 at 01:01, Pulga said:

I guess I am interested but probably the least interested incould be. This combination of Grand Finalists is probably the least interesting. It's also why I was happy the Storm and Roosters were knocked out of the NRL finals last week.

The same teams winning gets stale. Unfortunately for SL there has been such a small amount of winners.

This combination of finalists have contested the least amount of finals in 10 years other than Wigan v Salford.

Leeds v Wigan - 2015GF, 2011CC

Leeds v Salford - 2020CC

Wigan v Salford - none

Wigan v Saints - 2020GF, 2014GF,

Saints v Salford - 2019GF

Saints v Leeds - none

 

Basically, without Salford in the final, you're getting a fairly regular repeat over the course of 20 years, but even they've played 2 of the 4 from the semis in the just 3 years. How boring that they're there again...

I mean even Catalans, Huddersfield and Castleford have been in finals in the last 2 years. 

 

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

So no actual reasons, just this kind of ###### as usual from you when someone dares question your opinion. 

Come on, give me some opinion on how Salford winning the GF would have had an impact on the sports future. How would it improve things.

Whilst I believe any benefit would be minimial,  I'll have a go of posting some potential benefits:

1.  New teams winning the comp reduces negativity within existing fan bases (I. E threads like this!) 

2. The fact new teams win creates more credibility for other teams in the comp. 

3. This leads to higher crowds,  viewing figures and demand from broadcasters who see more value in teams outside the big 3 or 4.

4. This leads to more games being covered by broadcasters, leading to a higher tv deal. 

5. Matches against these 'lower'  teams attract bigger crowds. 

6. This all has a positive knock on effect on sponsors and partners. 

7. Players are happier to move to the likes of Salford as they know they don't need to go to Saints to win comps. 

8. This leads to a more even comp which underpins many of the above points. 

 

Now,  I think much of the above looks nice on paper,  and in reality doesn't manifest into reality,  but people are happy to accept benefits like the above being presented for the things they like (French teams,  Toronto,  London etc)  so claims that lower teams winning will be good for the game isn't too outlandish a claim,  whatever muy personal view of it is. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Whilst I believe any benefit would be minimial,  I'll have a go of posting some potential benefits:

1.  New teams winning the comp reduces negativity within existing fan bases (I. E threads like this!) 

2. The fact new teams win creates more credibility for other teams in the comp. 

3. This leads to higher crowds,  viewing figures and demand from broadcasters who see more value in teams outside the big 3 or 4.

4. This leads to more games being covered by broadcasters, leading to a higher tv deal. 

5. Matches against these 'lower'  teams attract bigger crowds. 

6. This all has a positive knock on effect on sponsors and partners. 

7. Players are happier to move to the likes of Salford as they know they don't need to go to Saints to win comps. 

8. This leads to a more even comp which underpins many of the above points. 

 

Now,  I think much of the above looks nice on paper,  and in reality doesn't manifest into reality,  but people are happy to accept benefits like the above being presented for the things they like (French teams,  Toronto,  London etc)  so claims that lower teams winning will be good for the game isn't too outlandish a claim,  whatever muy personal view of it is. 

I agree those could happen, but I don't think any of them did when Huddersfield took the league leader shield, though i accept that's not as high profile as the GF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dkw said:

I agree those could happen, but I don't think any of them did when Huddersfield took the league leader shield, though i accept that's not as high profile as the GF.

I agree.  I think in most instances,  benefits like these are a little 'leap of faith'  and are holistic benefits that can be difficult to measure.  

I feel the same around TWP and Catalans etc.  It's why I think strong leaders are important,  because sometimes,  things aren't just nice and clear and that's where vision and belief that you are doing the right things comes in. 

If somebody asked me would it be good for the game if Salford won the GF, if have to answer yes.  But in terms of tangible benefits I think it's a tough one. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...