2023 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

The players edition shirts are much better not sure if you can get England ones though

Unfortunately, they don't look great on people like me who suffer from having big bones. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Terrible idea. Go bold. More chevrons I say. Don't back down Oxen! 

Agree on the badge, make it bolder, clearer and hopefully more iconic. 

I don't know what I was thinking, you're right.. can't be beyond them to put chevrons within the chevrons surely..

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RP London said:

I don't know what I was thinking, you're right.. can't be beyond them to put chevrons within the chevrons surely..

I'm all for a joke mate, but maybe delete that post just in case they read this 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Dave T said:

I'm all for a joke mate, but maybe delete that post just in case they read this 🤣

Worse still I've just thought.. 

I like what they did with 13 for league but 1895 is another iconic number.. let's try that...

I may regret this post!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

So, I expect I know the answer to this, but has anyone come round to liking the new England kit?

It looks a lot smarter in action than I got from the initial release. I still think it's not a great design.

You've been to the games. Many people wearing it?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It looks a lot smarter in action than I got from the initial release. I still think it's not a great design.

You've been to the games. Many people wearing it?

Tbh, the games I've been to, most people have been wearing hats and coats! 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Tbh, the games I've been to, most people have been wearing hats and coats! 

England Oxen branded hats and coats, I hope.

If you need to warm yourself up, just look at the temperatures Hastings has been getting the past few weeks. Bonkers.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

England Oxen branded hats and coats, I hope.

If you need to warm yourself up, just look at the temperatures Hastings has been getting the past few weeks. Bonkers.

At St James I did notice a lot of Oxen merchandise, I specifically commented on how nice some of if looked, particularly the stuff that had more unusual colours (I get a touch bored with the basic blue and red on training and leisure gear). 

I even discovered I had an England Oxen hat that I can't even ever remember buying. It's come in very handy this month! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I even discovered I had an England Oxen hat that I can't even ever remember buying. 

To be fair, such is rugby league, it probably came as an unexpected and unasked for bonus when you bought a ticket for something unrelated.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

So, I expect I know the answer to this, but has anyone come round to liking the new England kit?

The colour clashes taht plenty were worried about didn't manifest. 

I must admit I think the team have looked really smart, with everything they have worn, across the three teams, and I do like the fact that it is very different from an England Union kit. Personally I hope now they have made the move to Blue, they stick with it. 

I'll confess i've come round to the colours and it does look well on TV etc. Still don't like how they shoehorned in a new kit having worn the last one approx. twice, but such is life. Longer term i'd like to see them stick with these colours now otherwise it does make it even more baffling. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I'll confess i've come round to the colours and it does look well on TV etc. Still don't like how they shoehorned in a new kit having worn the last one approx. twice, but such is life. Longer term i'd like to see them stick with these colours now otherwise it does make it even more baffling. 

Aye, the reason I asked the question wasn't to rekindle old debates, it was because even as somebody who liked it initially, I think it looks even better on the players than I expected(men, women and wheelchair players), and thought it may have won a few people round. 

Glad that it has. And I agree, if we've made the move to Blue, let's run with it now. 

• Like 2

So the mighty Fev are revealing the new Ellgren kit today........moving on from Hummel after 1 year of a 3 year deal.

Give it another couple of years and the whole of Rugby league in the UK will be Oxen and Ellgren (same company as EV2).

M62 Brands 😀

Just had a look at the Hummel website and they have a minimum order of 5 items per garment. All manufactured in a factory in Leeds.  There's no way any larger international brand can compete with that unless the profile of the sport grows considerably.

Lets hope the new kits are not designed by whoever did the Ellgren Leigh Leopards kits (although I suspect a rather difficult client was the problem there).

Those new Ellgren Wakefield kits look classy, especially the away kit.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

7 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Ugh! It is worth noting that the original Salford club-Cavendish-played in black, gold and red hoops. 

Whilst I doubt that, those three colours should be easy to integrate into the contemporary.

I really wish SRD would settle on one design. Block red, or chevron or hoop. Not any animal skins please erm. Something unique to make it distinct here from the red of MUFC, FCUM and Salford.

49 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Aye, the reason I asked the question wasn't to rekindle old debates, it was because even as somebody who liked it initially, I think it looks even better on the players than I expected(men, women and wheelchair players), and thought it may have won a few people round. 

Glad that it has. And I agree, if we've made the move to Blue, let's run with it now. 

They changed to blue cos it sells better........if Leopard print becomes a hot ticket England will be playing in that.

I've got used to seeing them in it........ as far as brand recognition it's still a strange decision for me......... although we don't play anywhere near enough to recognise anything anyway.

If we win the World Cup I'll eventually buy it when it's on sale for £15 🤑

8 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Ugh! It is worth noting that the original Salford club-Cavendish-played in black, gold and red hoops. 

Whilst I doubt that, those three colours should be easy to integrate into the contemporary.

I really wish SRD would settle on one design. Block red, or chevron or hoop. Not any animal skins please erm. Something unique to make it distinct here from the red of MUFC, FCUM and Salford.

What about a massive devil head on the front and tail printed on the back? 😉

• Sad 1

My wife, who is not on this forum, says of the England kit that it is a nice shirt but not an England kit. 

I don't like the sleeves. I didn't like blue sleeves on GB shirts either. The navy chevron is an idea I could get used to. 

Do not fear; only BELIEVE

25 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

What about a massive devil head on the front and tail printed on the back? 😉

Please no. In a cozy chippie on a Friday, small former mining town in Lancashire, that kind of schtick might work, but here in big bad boosteristic, supposedly cool as feck 24 hour party twin cities it will look distinctly wrong.

Bring it on then?

Fixtures out, season ticket done now.

11 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Huddersfield, Away - a thing of beauty, almost a proper Fartown change strip!! 😍hg23raws-3.jpg.27ebfdb21d5a70963b4a32d02ddf7bda.jpg

Great shirt, how big is the main sponsors logo though! It looks like it wraps round the side of it!

Theres some quality shirts this year, Obviously Leigh’s takes the title of best kit  ;-), unfortunately I think my clubs are pretty much at the bottom (Leeds)

That Oxen collar is still naff though

18 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Great shirt, how big is the main sponsors logo though! It looks like it wraps round the side of it!

Theres some quality shirts this year, Obviously Leigh’s takes the title of best kit  ;-), unfortunately I think my clubs are pretty much at the bottom (Leeds)

That Oxen collar is still naff though

image.png.067beb74875cce07455ef7d1e737d6ad.png

I think it's just how the shirt was hung for the pictures, it doesn't look as bad on a proper body.

Agree about the collars, the home shirt has a proper one, shame this doesn't too.