Jump to content

Morgan Knowles


Recommended Posts

Have I missed someone posting this already?

From BBC Sport.

"St Helens back-rower Morgan Knowles will be available for England's Rugby League World Cup opener with Samoa despite a one-game ban following Saturday's Super League Grand Final.

The 25-year-old was charged with Grade A dangerous contact for a late hit during the 24-12 win over Leeds.

Team-mate Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook is also banned for one match. The 36-year-old prop was charged with Grade B contact with a match official, while winger Tommy Makinson received a caution for the same offence with A grading, meaning a less severe penalty."

"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution."

Albert Einstein   (Fat chance on THIS forum)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, JohnM said:

Have I missed someone posting this already?

From BBC Sport.

"St Helens back-rower Morgan Knowles will be available for England's Rugby League World Cup opener with Samoa despite a one-game ban following Saturday's Super League Grand Final.

The 25-year-old was charged with Grade A dangerous contact for a late hit during the 24-12 win over Leeds.

Team-mate Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook is also banned for one match. The 36-year-old prop was charged with Grade B contact with a match official, while winger Tommy Makinson received a caution for the same offence with A grading, meaning a less severe penalty."

You really couldn't make it up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’ll miss the Fiji friendly. I don’t see what the big deal is?

He hit Myler (I think it was him) late on Saturday. It looked late in real time and I’ve seen similarly late tackles penalised with a card this year. 

McCarthy-Scarsbrook ended up touching the touch judge when a Leeds player tried to drag him away from the scuffle after Martin’s tackle on Lomax. 

Edited by Jughead
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morgan will be 'reet.  I'm just about to turn on the England Germany game, wouldn't be surprised to see him playing.

  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

Hes got a one game ban...please keep up.

Since when has being banned stopped him?

  • Haha 6

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hindle xiii said:

Guten Morgan.

"'e knowles, yer kno' '" said Hylda Baker.

  • Like 1

"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution."

Albert Einstein   (Fat chance on THIS forum)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d ban LMS just for laughs myself but I’m surprised the RFL decided they’d do the same! That ban is incredible. He gets dragged in to an official and cops a ban. 
 

If bans are handed out in the World Cup like they have been in Superleague, we might need a couple more planes to carry the teams as they’ll need 40 man squads. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, WN83 said:


 

If bans are handed out in the World Cup like they have been in Superleague, we might need a couple more planes to carry the teams as they’ll need 40 man squads. 

could end up as the world 9s 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, WN83 said:

I’d ban LMS just for laughs myself but I’m surprised the RFL decided they’d do the same! That ban is incredible. He gets dragged in to an official and cops a ban. 
 

If bans are handed out in the World Cup like they have been in Superleague, we might need a couple more planes to carry the teams as they’ll need 40 man squads. 

He gets dragged in to an official and cops a ban. 

That's not what happened though. LMS, In his usual calm, collected,thoughtful and passive involvement in any on-field conflict, he charged in, pushed the official out of the way, in his haste to act as St Helens peacemaker..

Hidden message: his birth name is Richard Head.

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 1

"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution."

Albert Einstein   (Fat chance on THIS forum)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

He gets dragged in to an official and cops a ban. 

That's not what happened though. LMS, In his usual calm, collected,thoughtful and passive involvement in any on-field conflict, he charged in, pushed the official out of the way, in his haste to act as St Helens peacemaker..

Hidden message: his birth name is Richard Head.

Maybe I've seen the wrong part of the incident then, as that sounds like the bit before what I've since seen online. 

I'd ban him for life anyway on the basis that he once had a haircut like David Beckham and he likes to do celebrations like Ronaldo. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Pauli Pauli

first name for last name or last name for first name? I believe if we decide that it opens up a black hole that swallows the world... so chop chop before someone in Westminster gets there first!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...