1. 1. Who will win?

• Jamaica by 13 points or more
    • Jamaica by 7 to 12 points
    • Jamaica by 1 to 6 points
    • Ireland by 1 to 6 points
    • Ireland by 7 to 12 points
    • Ireland by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/10/22 at 16:30

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I though this match had £20 and up tickets, not starting at £35.

Remember also that there's more football/Rugby League fans crossover involving Leeds than anywhere else (IMO), and United are at home to the EPL leaders today. Unfortunate but no one's fault.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The obvious answer is Dutton ain't very good. He's displayed this before. 

29 minutes ago, Damien said:

It would have been ambitious anyway for these kind of games.

Key…

… be ambitious when you have earned the right to be so. A thorough risk analysis and understanding of the situation would have identified where and when the organisers could be ambitious and where it shouldn’t…

… it’s what good leader’s and staff are paid for.

Edited by GeordieSaint
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

Yes, Jamaica need to play more tests.

The problem is the lack of money to travel and only USA and Canada feasible locally. I'd love to see England Knights and France go over for a few tests. I believe this issue is the poor standards of the pitches there though.

Senior in at the corner again 22-2

The kick ...you guessed it strikes the post

Edited by Irish Saint

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

5 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

The problem is the lack of money to travel and only USA and Canada feasible locally. I'd love to see England Knights and France go over for a few tests. I believe this issue is the poor standards of the pitches there though.

With all due respect, they should field their heritage players to provide a solid opposition to France/Knights

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

51 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

The stadium choice was too ambitious. Maybe York or the RFL's favourite stadium Leigh would've been a better choice. I think not having a Jamaica match is London is another RL missed opportunity. Especially the game against NZ, which would draw a bigger crowd than in the heartlands. Too many games on the M62, and not enough new or neutral venues. 

Unfortunately Jamaica do look out of their depth, but hopefully this will raise awareness for the sport and gain them sponsors to help grow the sport there. 

Disappointed that Ronan Michael isn't involved at all. You'd think it'd be the perfect level for him.

Yeah I feel for Ronan, he may not get a game at all now in this world cup which is a big shame. Its been very enjoyable watching Keary, the Lebanon game will be very interesting. 

Edited by Keith989

11 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

Even Canada isn't feasible for them.  When they played in Toronto during Caribana that was only because Eric Pérez was paying their expenses.

33 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Is there a reason why we've gone for back to back games in Leeds and Newcastle this weekend? 

I’d imagine TV logistics for the Beeb 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

19 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

The crowd isn’t bad, they’re just rattling around in the wrong stadium the day after another match there. This would look a lot better at say York’s ground or dare I say in London or even (left field) Reading which has a large Irish and West Indian community. 

You seem to be suggesting that you think the people who pay themselfs large salaries to organise and make these decisions, actually think things through. 

They're in those positions because they kiss the correct backsides and not through thinking about what's for the best. 

Edited by The Legend
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Legend said:

You seem to be suggesting that you think the people who pay themselfs large salaries to organise and make these decisions, actually think things through. 

They're in those positions because they kiss the correct backsides and not through thinking about what's for the best. 

Didn't make the shortlist, then?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ok I'm sold on the challenge now, two terrible decisions happily reversed.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

8 minutes ago, The Legend said:

Shame we couldn't bring Sally Bolton back for this tournament. 

Just now, Damien said:

What, to give loads of cheap tickets and discounts? Sally Bolton did nothing novel.

Exactly; everyone has always been rubbish, forever.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

Disappointing to see 3 blowouts so far, but RL is a very unforgiving sport.

Blowouts will continue until there is a serious effort made to grow the sport and give countries regular fixtures. We'll be waiting a long time for the NRL to come to their senses.

4 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

Disappointing to see 3 blowouts so far, but RL is a very unforgiving sport.

Rugby League doesn't allow the weaker side to fluke a score then park the bus.

The best side on the day rarely loses, despite the mewlings of the one-eyed "fans" who always claim the referee's bent.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Stop panicking FFS. Our game is very unforgiving, this fact has not changed and there was no reason to believe it had. No side has disgraced itself, but on good pitches a level contest is hard to come across when teams are coming from all over. 

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, NW10LDN said:

Blowouts will continue until there is a serious effort made to grow the sport and give countries regular fixtures. We'll be waiting a long time for the NRL to come to their senses.

Is it the NRL's fault? 

Edited by MatthewWoody

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador