St James park

Tosh

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Kind of like those stupid libertarians online who say “I see you hate Landlords yet you rent!” Ha Ha , I am very smart.

Yes as a phone is an essential because noone of my generation would have a job without an email address to send a cv or look for work. 

Attending Sport is a hobby with multiple options, we may have to work for the devil but we dont have to hand him cash to sportswash because its a hobby. 

Its your choice and choosing to outsource something you can control is up to you. For Some people their hobby is more important than the sportswashing that it supports. They should be honest enough to admit it instead of endless whataboutery.

I look forward to your next witty observation saying “I see you dont like clothes made in dictatorships but you choose not to freeze to death!”

For someone who has said a couple of times you dont want to derail the thread your contributions have been all political and have done just that. There is a sportswashing thread on the politics forum, why not just take your beef there?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yes it is ridiculous to compare things we have chooses over and the things we do not. If I dont own a phone I cant work and end up homeless. If you dont go watch Newcastle United Man City PSG Chelsea previously you dont become unemployed or end up homeless. See the difference? Maybe not.

Nobody is talking about supporting those football teams. We are talking about the use of a football stadium and nothing more.

Edited by Tosh

Just now, ShropshireBull said:

So you dont see the difference between things which you have a choice over and what you dont. Amazing how the only responses have been whataboutery instead of actually being able to defend going to watch a club which is a billboard for a murderous state. 

I don’t go to watch newcastle Utd nor do I support them.

In fact I couldn’t careless about football to be honest.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yes it is ridiculous to compare things we have chooses over and the things we do not. If I dont own a phone I cant work and end up homeless. If you dont go watch Newcastle United Man City PSG Chelsea previously you dont become unemployed or end up homeless. See the difference? Maybe not.

So every make of mobile is Chinese? You have choices but you choose the ones that suit your pocket not your beliefs. Anyway that’s my last on this thread drift.

1 minute ago, Gomersall said:

So every make of mobile is Chinese? You have choices but you choose the ones that suit your pocket not your beliefs. Anyway that’s my last on this thread drift.

There you go again with your whataboutism.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gingerjon said:

I have met very, very few of the fabled legion of union fans who have no respect for league.

Most think the scrums are stupid in comparison to their game but they seem, in the main, to love the rest of it.

Lucky you.

I have certainly encountered more of a 'mixed crowd' it seems.

Just to see if things are now so happy-clappy and positive as you say, I stuck my head into a couple of union forums to see what they were saying. This is a selection from the Scottish Rugby Forum:

The lack of faffing about at scrums is refreshing, but there doesn’t seem to be much subtlety…just attempts at battering your way through a flat defence 🤔

Maybe it’ll grow on me…

It won't... tried so hard to enjoy League... fun to play, garbage to watch

league is a great game to watch. don't compare  it to union,  it's a different game. enjoy it for what it is, a fast, brutal try fest of a game.

The last League game I watched, about a year ago, a guy got sparked out - I mean properly unconscious. He made a slow recovery, was up standing after five minutes or so and was then allowed to play on! I was totally astonished 🤔

Any Scottish guys in the Scotland team😆?😱

Most of the positive comments I saw came from existing League fans who also like union. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

the Leeds v Arsenal game- halted due to a power cut - these soccer stadiums really need to get their direct debits in order 

And yet The Mail and The Sun headlines was about the shambles of the opening of the World Cup with the Kaiser Chiefs and not about how good England was alongside the fans 😞

33 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

Lucky you.

I have certainly encountered more of a 'mixed crowd' it seems.

Just to see if things are now so happy-clappy and positive as you say, I stuck my head into a couple of union forums to see what they were saying. This is a selection from the Scottish Rugby Forum:

The lack of faffing about at scrums is refreshing, but there doesn’t seem to be much subtlety…just attempts at battering your way through a flat defence 🤔

Maybe it’ll grow on me…

It won't... tried so hard to enjoy League... fun to play, garbage to watch

league is a great game to watch. don't compare  it to union,  it's a different game. enjoy it for what it is, a fast, brutal try fest of a game.

The last League game I watched, about a year ago, a guy got sparked out - I mean properly unconscious. He made a slow recovery, was up standing after five minutes or so and was then allowed to play on! I was totally astonished 🤔

Any Scottish guys in the Scotland team😆?😱

Most of the positive comments I saw came from existing League fans who also like union. 

You could quote the Cross Code Forum on here to prove that all rugby league fans genuinely believe that the French Rugby Union should pay reparations to the French Rugby League.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

You could quote the Cross Code Forum on here to prove that all rugby league fans genuinely believe that the French Rugby Union should pay reparations to the French Rugby League.

I have no idea what that means. Sorry.

I was just stating that I have encountered far more mixed views on League from the rugby union crowd.  Here in Spain, that is mostly expat English types, Argentineans,  and the usual Australian elbow patch brigade. 

1 minute ago, Madrileño said:

I have no idea what that means. Sorry.

I was just stating that I have encountered far more mixed views on League from the rugby union crowd.  Here in Spain, that is mostly expat English types, Argentineans,  and the usual Australian elbow patch brigade. 

No worries.

In my experience, when union fans talk down another sport it tends to be soccer rather than league. The t-shirt with the Nigel Owens quote on it sells very well.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 15/10/2022 at 18:10, Tosh said:

Has it now cemented it’s place as a certain stadium pick in any 3 test series against both New Zealand and Australia(if they can be @rsed to tour)?

Are the Saudis gonna want RL games though? They don't need the money. 

From my understanding there's a good relationship between the Newcastle United owners and the Semore Kurdi the owner of Newcastle Falcons and Newcastle Thunder. Kingston Park has been hosting the Newcastle United ladies football team. From what they say NUFC owners want the city to thrive and part of that will be hosting events at St James Park. 

Who knows in the future they may re-visit the Barcelona model and look to buy up the likes of Thunder, Falcons and the Eagles (basketball) to make Newcastle a leading city of elite sport. They have the money to do that if they want to.

45 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

It was announced when Ashley was in charge though and he wanted the money.

Magic weekend was just announced yesterday evening or this morning.

eitherway they are happy hosting big RL events which is very positive.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Phil W said:

From my understanding there's a good relationship between the Newcastle United owners and the Semore Kurdi the owner of Newcastle Falcons and Newcastle Thunder. Kingston Park has been hosting the Newcastle United ladies football team. From what they say NUFC owners want the city to thrive and part of that will be hosting events at St James Park. 

Who knows in the future they may re-visit the Barcelona model and look to buy up the likes of Thunder, Falcons and the Eagles (basketball) to make Newcastle a leading city of elite sport. They have the money to do that if they want to.

That Sir John Hall fella tried that and managed to destroy the ice hockey and then sold the Falcons.Then sold the soccer club.

St James Park may go the same way as Stamford Bridge if things continue...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/oct/16/bae-systems-in-middle-of-dogfight-between-saudis-and-biden-over-oil

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

27 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

That Sir John Hall fella tried that and managed to destroy the ice hockey and then sold the Falcons.Then sold the soccer club.

St James Park may go the same way as Stamford Bridge if things continue...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/oct/16/bae-systems-in-middle-of-dogfight-between-saudis-and-biden-over-oil

The saudis have a bit more money than sir John hall.

1 hour ago, Phil W said:

Haven’t the newcastle falcons played at James park a couple of times this year?