St James park

Tosh

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Again, in my experience, these people are often very complimentary about the game too. It is not their fault that for many of them it is often nigh on impossible to play or follow the sport, bar on TV.

I have met very, very few of the fabled legion of union fans who have no respect for league.

Most think the scrums are stupid in comparison to their game but they seem, in the main, to love the rest of it.

• Like 5

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I have met very, very few of the fabled legion of union fans who have no respect for league.

Most think the scrums are stupid in comparison to their game but they seem, in the main, to love the rest of it.

This has been my experience too to be fair of actual normal everyday union fans (although I think there are those who use a platform in the media to snipe at us).

Whatever the truth, the fact is people tend to be drawn to sporting excellence and excitement.

When England play like that, we will attract more and more neutrals.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

This. The attitude, certainly with the younger generation in my experience, is positive of RL from RU fans. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

It does seem that a trio of London venue, St James's Park, Leeds/Manchester would work for any Autumn international series and would complement a mid-size heartlands venue for the mid season international, Wembley for the Challenge Cup Final and Old Trafford (or replacement) for the Grand Final.

Add in two home rep games for Cumbria a year and I'd actually be happy with that.

I would love to see the Challenge Cup and dare I say it at St.James Park...maybe those comps should move around.

16 hours ago, Damien said:

Why? London has consistently got our best crowds, usually full of Southerners, and Newcastle has now joined them with a great crowd full of Geordies and the highest grossing gate for a RLWC group game. If the heartlands want more international games then they have to show up for them. If anything 1 heartlands game should mean we can get a bigger gate.

I was at the first Ashes Test played in London( Wembley) in 1963. Holds the record for the lowest crowd ever to watch any Ashes series match. Just under 14K brave souls were there with me to watch GB get hammered.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

From all the evidence we have so far it seems that we put on a big event in the North East of the country that the people there responded in big numbers.

Let’s do it again!

Also it’s further evidence that when we showcase the sport using top class England internationals, outside the main areas it is played in, that people will respond and buy tickets.

This.

Lets not waste this great opportunity to build on something good that’s happening in a well known and popular UK city like we have done in the past like 2013.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madrileño said:

QPR

Wigan

Hull

No point in being too adventurous. We don't want to alienate existing member clubs like Keighley Cougars, for whom change can be a terrifying prospect. 

QPR??

Lets crawl before we walk and play it safe and try and pack out the stoop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Magic Weekend back at SJP on 3-4 June next year

Hopefully the economy will be a bit more stable by then and we can have a good crack at smash the magic weekend attendance records for both days.

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Well its not an accusation when a UN Report states that is what happened. Plus its a dictatorship. Dont want to get this off topic. Its a fantastic venue and in a great location which as we signed before they were in fine, I’d rather not see the sport their going forward.

Why are you ok with the RFL taking £25 million from the UK government that supports the house of saud both politically and diplomatically not to mention weapons sales?

4 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

RFL dont have control over how sovereign states interact. We do have control over how the sport is appropriated and used by others.

Obviously you choose to morally outsource your conscience behind “well what about x”.

Thats your choice. I shall respond no more because I dont want to get this thread moved.

But surely the RFL could take a moral stand like you have with st James park. No??

3 hours ago, Madrileño said:

QPR

Wigan

Hull

No point in being too adventurous. We don't want to alienate existing member clubs like Keighley Cougars, for whom change can be a terrifying prospect. 

It was Keighley Cougars who changed the whole sport,many decades ago,with the matchday experience, and musical accompaniment- which was nicked by Bradford Bulls,and copied further afield,later.

Like the manager of the soccer club which play at St James Park,when asked about his employers,he stated he would educate himself.

Perhaps you should do likewise.

Keighley Cougars have also been innovative in recent years,and, no doubt, will continue in the same vein in the future.

Giving money to soccer clubs who are not in the 'elite' league,and not to a state running a sportswashing operation is original though.

But I don't think it will catch on.Good luck with it,though.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

48 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Why are you ok with the RFL taking £25 million from the UK government that supports the house of saud both politically and diplomatically not to mention weapons sales?

It’s not the government’s money it’s ours (the taxpayer)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

RFL dont have control over how sovereign states interact. We do have control over how the sport is appropriated and used by others.

Obviously you choose to morally outsource your conscience behind “well what about x”.

Thats your choice. I shall respond no more because I dont want to get this thread moved.

Quick question, do you own anything made in China?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It’s not the government’s money it’s ours (the taxpayer)

It sure is and it’s also our money that goes towards dropping bombs in mostly poor countries populated by darker skinned people.

Anyway getting back on topic it looks like st James park will be getting expanded in the short-term with the possibility of moving to a new super stadium built away from st James park.

I hope they don’t build any new stadium miles from the city centre as this is what makes st James park an appealing venue pick.

• Like 1

Just now, ShropshireBull said:

Kind of like those stupid libertarians online who say “I see you hate Landlords yet you rent!” Ha Ha , I am very smart.

Yes as a phone is an essential because noone of my generation would have a job without an email address to send a cv or look for work. 

Attending Sport is a hobby with multiple options, we may have to work for the devil but we dont have to hand him cash to sportswash because its a hobby. 

Its your choice and choosing to outsource something you can control is up to you. For Some people their hobby is more important than the sportswashing that it supports. They should be honest enough to admit it instead of endless whataboutery.

I look forward to your next witty observation saying “I see you dont like clothes made in dictatorships but you choose not to freeze to death!”

I see you’ve checked the labels of your clothes and noted your morals don’t extend to those.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Kind of like those stupid libertarians online who say “I see you hate Landlords yet you rent!” Ha Ha , I am very smart.

Yes as a phone is an essential because noone of my generation would have a job without an email address to send a cv or look for work. 

Attending Sport is a hobby with multiple options, we may have to work for the devil but we dont have to hand him cash to sportswash because its a hobby. 

Its your choice and choosing to outsource something you can control is up to you. For Some people their hobby is more important than the sportswashing that it supports. They should be honest enough to admit it instead of endless whataboutery.

I look forward to your next witty observation saying “I see you dont like clothes made in dictatorships but you choose not to freeze to death!”

And you think I’m the one being ridiculous!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

So your morals don’t extend to you getting a good price on a phone made in slave like conditions.

• Like 1