RLWC Negativity Thread

1 hour ago, SalfordSlim said:

Feckin RLWC website won't let me book tickets for England QF on Saturday. Says "I've exceeded maximum number of tickets allowed" when I'm trying to order 2.🤦‍♂️

Edit: I'm trying to get the £25 tickets btw and says they're available. Funny enough there's no issues ordering 2 of the more expensive tickets.🤔

The sections are sold out basically when you ask for 2 and get that message. Single seats only in those. 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

The sections are sold out basically when you ask for 2 and get that message. Single seats only in those. 

Ah ok Dave, cheers. 

Weirdly every time I check different sections show up as available!

The pricing strategy is stupid but then again I'm sure plenty have pointed that out.😁

Edited by SalfordSlim

55 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Looks as though a whole thread about the RLWC has been nuked. The one that claimed it was a joke.

Members should treat the forum like "a lounge bar in an old-style pub".

In which the bartender attacks the customers, and the bouncer vents his political opinions while warning everyone else not to be political.

Sounds like many pubs I went in during my formative years. Good crack though 

11 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Looks as though a whole thread about the RLWC has been nuked. The one that claimed it was a joke.

Members should treat the forum like "a lounge bar in an old-style pub".

In which the bartender attacks the customers, and the bouncer vents his political opinions while warning everyone else not to be political.

Well it now seems like a thread I started about running RL and being the president has also disappeared. I know it wasn't the most brilliant of threads but I aren't sure why it has suddenly disappeared. It's not as if there was a big argument going on either. If it was a single post about someone, why not just delete that post? Strange.

Another pitch gripe - not sure if it's been mentioned on here, or a reason given, but why was Saints pitch in such an awful state? Aus media quoting Latrell Mitchell as saying 'It was worse than the fields on my farm - really boggy in places as well' 

Saints pitch was fine right up until the end of the season if memory serves - so why was it in such a state just a few weeks later? 

20 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Another pitch gripe - not sure if it's been mentioned on here, or a reason given, but why was Saints pitch in such an awful state? Aus media quoting Latrell Mitchell as saying 'It was worse than the fields on my farm - really boggy in places as well' 

Saints pitch was fine right up until the end of the season if memory serves - so why was it in such a state just a few weeks later? 

Operation Injure Lattrell

• Haha 1

On 17/10/2022 at 10:37, JohnM said:

Well, I complained..and was told "oi, you. Just hop it,  will you." 😀

Bit of a shambles IMO. Majority of games, boring and very predictable and is a poor reflection upon our game, especially as Greece were forbidden to play the game in their own country, prior to their selection. Sorry, not good enough.

4 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

Bit of a shambles IMO. Majority of games, boring and very predictable and is a poor reflection upon our game, especially as Greece were forbidden to play the game in their own country, prior to their selection. Sorry, not good enough.

I did think this might be a discussion of  the negativity that blights the game as a whole and pundits/commentators only marginally less so than fans.

But no, it's just an opportunity to air more negativity!

Greece is a positive story everyone and by the way Bobby they weren't "selected" they qualified.

If you want a world cup of the unpredictable excitiement you found missing it's very simple change the rules to make RL more balanced that doesn't favour more dominant sides by a huge differential.

• Like 2

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I did think this might be a discussion of  the negativity that blights the game as a whole and pundits/commentators only marginally less so than fans.

Greece is a positive story everyone and by the way Bobby they weren't "selected" they qualified.

If you want a world cup of the unpredictable excitiement you found missing it's very simple change the rules to make RL more balanced that doesn't favour more dominant sides by a huge differential.

There was an article over the last couple of days which talked about whilst the hammerings may not be great, the minnows are really important for the World Cup. And I agree. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Oxford said:

A little bit difficult to change the rules due to the fact there are only about four or five world teams that are "dominant". Might as well get shut of the competition with the exemption of the disabled groups. 

14 hours ago, Bobby123 said:

It's possible you might have missed the context of my attempt at humour.

The joke went:

My fault, I'm afraid.  I put my donor card in by mistake. It cost me an arm...and a leg ..

And as a result, I had donated and arm...and a leg....

And as a result, I only had one leg, so I could only hop.....

Well, a couple of posters laughed.....😨

Edited by JohnM

16 hours ago, Oxford said:

This is the negativity thread. People are entitled to be negative on here if they see fit. 

To me, the positives outweigh the negatives in this WC but if you've a grumble, this is definitely the place for it . 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

This is the negativity thread. People are entitled to be negative on here if they see fit. 

To me, the positives outweigh the negatives in this WC but if you've a grumble, this is definitely the place for it . 

If you go back to the start of the thread, it was meant to be Tongue in Cheek, funny you know. There are enough other threads on here to moan about anything from the colour of the officials socks, the fact they were still serving Caffreys in Newcastle, who knew, and that Alex Murphy isn't the player or indeed the pundit he used to be. 

1 minute ago, Ned Smiley said:

If you go back to the start of the thread, it was meant to be Tongue in Cheek, funny you know. There are enough other threads on here to moan about anything from the colour of the officials socks, the fact they were still serving Caffreys in Newcastle, who knew, and that Alex Murphy isn't the player or indeed the pundit he used to be. 

It may have started like that, but I think it's been a useful thread and keeps a lot of the noise out of things like match threads. 

We have an attendance thread, a positive thread, a negative thread and match threads. Imho it's working pretty well, even if it is a little accidental. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ned Smiley said:

It definitely was started as tongue in cheek but it took on a life of its own and is good for not detracting from the regular threads where there might (only might of course!) be a bit of feel good occuring. 

11 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

People are always "entitled" to be negative but entitlement doesn't necessarily mean required, useful or helpful or even good.

On 03/11/2022 at 15:44, Bobby123 said:

A little bit difficult to change the rules due to the fact there are only about four or five world teams that are "dominant". Might as well get shut of the competition with the exemption of the disabled groups. 

It's never difficult to change rules apart from that I don't think your response answers what I said, could you explain. please?

And if it is a negativity thread for RL posters that's like sending sand to Saudi Arabia!

Edited by Oxford

6 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Setback for Brazil with captain Maria Graf out of the PNG game after receiving a one-match ban for tripping.

It’s ###### that it’s the same punishment as knocking somebody out with a high tackle 

I had to bail out of this evening's match thread, as it was just page after page of screeching paranoid victimhood, with every genuine refereeing error being used as justification for a hundred imaginary offences.

The relentless whininess just made me want to puke. If this is what the forum's descended to, what's the point?

• Like 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson