Viaplay

Last November, I got a cracking deal (I think it was 60 quid for the year) for Premier Sport Player (online) which allowed me to watch the Championship Monday night fixtures, along with a load of other stuff that I was keen to watch (and had paid for separately in the past) also.

It appears that Premier Sports have been acquired by a Swedish online content provider. They've kindly rolled my subscription on for another month to the end of the year, but as of next year they've said it will be £14.99 a month. I'm also concerned they haven't mentioned anything about carrying on the Championship coverage for 2023 under the new company (but have mentioned lots of other online, non sport, content!); and I'm worried Barrow v Batley may not fit into a bigger business's plans.

So, I don't think I'll be carrying on my Premier subscription for the 2023 season; too expensive and too risky. I'm going to contact them and see if they can give any more info about their Rugby League plans for next season (and beyond)

Edited by thebrewxi
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried to cancel their premier subscription? Now it's viaplay it won't let me, and the customer service contact form has provoked zero response from them.

At the mo I'm thinking they are just ignoring me and trying to grab a but if extra cash from me. 

33 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

Has anyone tried to cancel their premier subscription? Now it's viaplay it won't let me, and the customer service contact form has provoked zero response from them.

At the mo I'm thinking they are just ignoring me and trying to grab a but if extra cash from me. 

The site says there should be an option next to the subscription package in your account details allowing you to cancel.

https://help.viaplay.com/gb/cancel-your-subscription/

There isn't.

I'm lucky my card has expired otherwise it looks a ball ache to cancel - I assume they need to be contacted, like you have.

Edited by Leonard

4 hours ago, thebrewxi said:

I cancelled mine OK following their instructions. Took a few goes at finding the right page but done in the end.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

8 hours ago, thebrewxi said:

Tried to contact them. But they've not got back to me yet days later. 

Try changing payment method to something random that won't work?

I also had the £60 Black Friday offer last November to get the Championship - i was worried that the payment would just roll over into a new subscription for the full amount on £14.99 a month.

I had a nightmare trying to cancel anything online as i was just bouncing between the old premier account and the new ViaPlay account..after several hours of headache i gave up and just phoned the Premier Sports helpline 0333 003 3773

To be fair the customer phone service was very quick - i asked them if my account would roll over? they said it would not and no payments would be taken - they even confirmed this via email.

I also asked them if any offers/discounts would be forthcoming for the new Championship season?

They had no knowledge at this time of any offers.

If a new discount comes up again for the season i will glady subscribe again as Monday night RL is a winner on TV for me.

• Like 5

It's hard to cancel a credit card authority. There's some legal difference between credit and debit cards which I fell foul of some years ago (and I only wanted to shift payment from a card account I was closing to a new account).

If you're paying a regular amount, you're better paying from a current account. Then you can stop paying by just telling your bank that you've cancelled the direct debit authority. Obvs tell the supplier as well but, once you've done that, if they keep supplying, it's not your fault.

• Like 2

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, JonNgog said:

Kyle Amor is not from St Helens, nor is he any kind of St Helens fan - don’t let facts get in the way of your conspiracy theories though 

He is a former Saint Helens player, though, 2014-2022 iirc.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Are ViaPlay dumping the Summer Bash at the last minute? Advertising the live URC final (which is a big deal in the RU worls and a 55k sell-out) on ViaPlay 1, plus other live sports on their two other channels on the Sky planner. Maybe it's just an error.

ViaPlay are screening just 2 games from the Summer Bash both on the Saturday.

London v Toulouse and Featherstone v York.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, AcombKnight said:

Not according to the Sky planner there not 

Streaming.

For example: London v Toulouse https://viaplay.com/sport/rugby/rfl-betfred-championship/london-toulouse/s23052226078369673

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

16 hours ago, JonNgog said:

Yes, and that makes him a Saints fan? he didn’t exactly leave on great terms.

He played the majority of his career at St Helens and still knows the majority of their squad on a personal level. Of course there is going to be bias there - subconscious or otherwise. That isn't a criticism, it's just how it is.

• Like 3