Derek - Marketing genius?

Thanks for your input and concern for Leigh Leopards guys, honestly it is much appreciated that you want the club to be seen as a fitment to the SL and presumably to stay there for many years to come, why else would you want them to get this rebranding correct. I am absolutely blown away by how many of you offer up your knowledge and expierence and want the club to succeed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Thanks for your input and concern for Leigh Leopards guys, honestly it is much appreciated that you want the club to be seen as a fitment to the SL and presumably to stay there for many years to come, why else would you want them to get this rebranding correct. I am absolutely blown away by how many of you offer up your knowledge and expierence and want the club to succeed.

Ive commented on all things branding and design on most clubs in SL, and yes I do want all clubs in SL to look and be run professionally and ultimately succeed

Leigh fans do seem really really chippy and precious, especially if someone dares to criticise Mr Beaumont, usually with the stock answer that 'he's richer than you so you must be wrong'

I don't get it, you should want your club to look professional, I know I would and would be first to criticise if my club had done this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Ive commented on all things branding and design on most clubs in SL, and yes I do want all clubs in SL to look and be run professionally and ultimately succeed

Leigh fans do seem really really chippy and precious, especially if someone dares to criticise Mr Beaumont, usually with the stock answer that 'he's richer than you so you must be wrong'

I don't get it, you should want your club to look professional, I know I would and would be first to criticise if my club had done this.

totally agree and well said.. i was working up a reply to Harry but this covers it.. 

I have no feeling one way or the other for Leigh but what I don't want (and this is the same for any club) is for that club to utterly embarrass the league for the want of some cheap headlines, especially when it is so easily avoidable. 

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

You are right Chris, being Leigh fan's we should be quite used to taking flack from every quarter we even got loads of it for assembling a very good team last season, you are right it should be like water of a ducks back but we do respond when we should know better.

I did criticise the club over this presentation in fact you agreed with me with some of my comments, but there are those who just won't let go, the last thread on this subject got locked, I hope that the mods see fit to lock this one also.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You are right Chris, being Leigh fan's we should be quite used to taking flack from every quarter we even got loads of it for assembling a very good team last season, you are right it should be like water of a ducks back but we do respond when we should know better.

I did criticise the club over this presentation in fact you agreed with me with some of my comments, but there are those who just won't let go, the last thread on this subject got locked, I hope that the mods see fit to lock this one also.

The last thread was absolutely brilliant, real shame it got locked, it was all in good spirits really. Why should it be locked?

Every fans think their club takes flack from every quarter, you aren't special.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

The last thread was absolutely brilliant, real shame it got locked, it was all in good spirits really. Why should it be locked?

Every fans think their club takes flack from every quarter, you aren't special.

So the mods locked it because it was jovial and all pally pally, perhaps they should add that to their list of concern's, telling people this is not a place to come and enjoy their selves.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

A little matter of everything else that was going on in the world of RL for the next month, and the nessacity to expose the new additions to the club for the fans, yes I will agree that it should have been done differently, but to me as a fan I am overjoyed that the shirt and logo have not been finalised, and really that is all that matters satisfy their paying public first and foremost they are the target market.

That doesn't stack up.

The leopard print Big Bash shirt and Derek's repeated wearing of his leopard print sweatshirt were claimed to be hints designed to est the water.

Clearly, the re-branding as Leigh Leopards had been in the works since - at the very least - the Big Bash weekend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Which was?

Because it was the only time Adrian Lam was available before he went off for his WC duies with Australia.  So because it was put out early, the website wasn't ready (still isn't it would appear) either.  I am sure you will all be uspset when the playing shirt is revealed.  I would put money on it not being the one worn by Hardaker and will actually be some form of cherry and white.  Time will tell.  Also sounds like the new membership packages are selling well also.

As an aside this must be the worst messageboard for derogatory and insuting language towards others.  I would stress though it is the usual suspects who know who they are yet are still allowed to stay.

• Like 1

Here we go again .....

2 hours ago, RP London said:

totally agree and well said.. i was working up a reply to Harry but this covers it.. 

I have no feeling one way or the other for Leigh but what I don't want (and this is the same for any club) is for that club to utterly embarrass the league for the want of some cheap headlines, especially when it is so easily avoidable. 

Plenty other suspects to embarrass SL.  Avoidable? I guess you would do that by throwing Leigh out.

Here we go again .....

9 minutes ago, DemonUK said:

Because it was the only time Adrian Lam was available before he went off for his WC duies with Australia.  So because it was put out early, the website wasn't ready (still isn't it would appear) either.  I am sure you will all be uspset when the playing shirt is revealed.  I would put money on it not being the one worn by Hardaker and will actually be some form of cherry and white.  Time will tell.  Also sounds like the new membership packages are selling well also.

As an aside this must be the worst messageboard for derogatory and insuting language towards others.  I would stress though it is the usual suspects who know who they are yet are still allowed to stay.

have been told membership is bringing in an average of £100k a day since becoming available - you need to just treat the normal suspects with the response they deserve, just tekk pees

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DemonUK said:

Plenty other suspects to embarrass SL.  Avoidable? I guess you would do that by throwing Leigh out.

no its avoidable by planning properly and getting things in order, as others have pointed out, this wasnt a last minute birthday party FFS... this has been in the offing for months... Also stop spouting utter tosh through twitter.. that also helps.. you know, basic things that normal business manage on a day to day basis.

i love the jumping to an extreme though.. thats a great way to discuss things!

who else is making SL and RL look small time and an utter joke when they really dont have to?

Edited by RP London
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

have been told membership is bringing in an average of £100k a day since becoming available

Hope the badge isn't changed again then

Platinum-Card-Memberships-01-11-2022-1-scaled.jpg

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

16 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

have been told membership is bringing in an average of £100k a day since becoming available - you need to just treat the normal suspects with the response they deserve, just tekk pees

One hundred thousand pounds A DAY?! You're going to need a bigger stadium.

If that number isn't complete nonsense of course.

6 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

To be fair, you could get there with about a few thousand memberships which is more than possible if you basically just roll over existing season ticket holders.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

To be fair, you could get there with about a few thousand memberships which is more than possible if you basically just roll over existing season ticket holders.

To be fair... and i am happy to be proven wrong on this when I show my workings... but you would need around 60,240 members to get to that point.. at least.. 

full membership = £50 per month.. 

going by 30 days in a month thats £1.66 per day.. 

£100,000/£1.66 is 60,240.96

Im guessing... there arent 60,240.96 people paying full price for platinum membership.. 

even if people paid the full year in full in one hit you would need 166.66 people paying in full a day... 

19 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I'm leaning in this general direction..

OR

you have actually employed John Dutton on the side.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RP London said:

To be fair... and i am happy to be proven wrong on this when I show my workings... but you would need around 60,240 members to get to that point.. at least.. 

full membership = £50 per month.. 

going by 30 days in a month thats £1.66 per day.. 

£100,000/£1.66 is 60,240.96

Im guessing... there arent 60,240.96 people paying full price for platinum membership.. 

even if people paid the full year in full in one hit you would need 166.66 people paying in full a day... 

I'm leaning in this general direction..

OR

you have actually employed John Dutton on the side.. 

I was totalling the annual projected income (on a rough average) per member.

I *think* you only need to have a few thousand members to be able to claim £100k income per business day (call it “pledged income”) since leopard day.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of 99 said:

The only metric of interest is who has signed up who wouldn't previously have done without the rebrand. £100K a day is probably par for the course for most small SL clubs in the first four or five days after renewals open.

yes.. basic figures without any bluster would be nice.

Just now, RP London said:

you may be correct but that sounds like guess, bluster and nonsense to me

I mean, it obviously is. Not least because even my way, you still get to that point by literally rolling over last season's season ticket holders.

• Like 1