Derek - Marketing genius?

16 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I mean, it obviously is. Not least because even my way, you still get to that point by literally rolling over last season's season ticket holders.

Is it a bit like the six figure sponsorship deal that apparently only came about because of the launch of the rebrand?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Your post was derogatory to both Leigh and especially Mr Beaumont, I was merely suggesting that Bradford for all their ills would love a Derek Beaumont in their ranks, even if they thought he was an embarrassment.

Most of posters on here with derogatory statements about leigh and Derek would love someone at there club who is willing to put there money where there mouth is, especially all the the bottom feeders of SL who have have just existed on sky money happy to get by. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RP London said:

totally agree and well said.. i was working up a reply to Harry but this covers it.. 

I have no feeling one way or the other for Leigh but what I don't want (and this is the same for any club) is for that club to utterly embarrass the league for the want of some cheap headlines, especially when it is so easily avoidable. 

We don't need to embarrass the league they can do that pretty well them selves. 

1 minute ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Most of posters on here with derogatory statements about leigh and Derek would love someone at there club who is willing to put there money where there mouth is, especially all the the bottom feeders of SL who have have just existed on sky money happy to get by. 

Who are the 'bottom feeders' feeders of SL?

I think the only club you could possibly label as that are Wakefield and they are starting to get their house in order now.

Leigh fans do like to talk as if Leigh are the only club in SL with a rich owner - most, if not all have them have them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RP London said:

no its avoidable by planning properly and getting things in order, as others have pointed out, this wasnt a last minute birthday party FFS... this has been in the offing for months... Also stop spouting utter tosh through twitter.. that also helps.. you know, basic things that normal business manage on a day to day basis.

i love the jumping to an extreme though.. thats a great way to discuss things!

who else is making SL and RL look small time and an utter joke when they really dont have to?

Which school field are Sheffield playing on this year..... and before you mention your Olympic stadium, how many stands?

• Sad 1

Here we go again .....

13 minutes ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Most of posters on here with derogatory statements about leigh and Derek would love someone at there club who is willing to put there money where there mouth is, 

Almost all SL clubs already do. Mostly richer and it would appear smarter owners than Beaumont as they let the people they employ to run the Rugby League club get on with that job.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I think the only club you could possibly label as that are Wakefield and they are starting to get their house in order now.

Leigh fans do like to talk as if Leigh are the only club in SL with a rich owner - most, if not all have them have them.

Some of the teams do have rich owners, which are quite happy to keep there hands in there pockets as long as the clubs scrapes brand and just survive .

24 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Look at the season-on-season finishing league positions of all the clubs in SL - Wakefield are not the lowest club.

31 minutes ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

if he were at eagles, his money yes.. all this other stuff no.. and if he carried on like he is I wouldnt be going to the club..

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DemonUK said:

Which school field are Sheffield playing on this year..... and before you mention your Olympic stadium, how many stands?

We're not in super league.. There is one stand, which is very nice BTW.. it will grow at the pace of the club and it isnt bankrupting us. We are still here and after the last few years that is a miracle 

and as i say its about avoidable stuff.. ALL of what has happened here has bene avoidable with the very basics of normal business behaviour..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Is it a bit like the six figure sponsorship deal that apparently only came about because of the launch of the rebrand?

You read the press release then how the incumbant shirt sponser PPS DESIGN AND BUILD voluntarily stood aside and sponsored the training kit at the same value as the main shirt they were about to put into the club because of the late approach by Homes Together who incidentally are based in Harrogate.

6 minutes ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Surely you can't afford to lose anymore fans you will out numbered by the players.

and thats why people dont/shouldnt act like chumps.. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Ghost of 99 said:

Almost all SL clubs already do. Mostly richer and it would appear smarter owners than Beaumont as they let the people they employ to run the Rugby League club get on with that job.

There are a lot more than just supporters of SL clubs who voice a not to complimentary opinion of Leigh, so the post was not just directed at fans of SL clubs as you quite wrongly assume, anyway stop the anonymity pray tell us the club you support. Would I be correct in making a guess at the losing finalist in the '99 CC final?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

There are a lot more than just supporters of SL clubs who voice a not to complimentary opinion of Leigh, so the post was not just directed at fans of SL clubs as you quite wrongly assume, anyway stop the anonymity pray tell us the club you support. Would I be correct in making a guess at the losing finalist in the '99 CC final?

He's a Leeds fan ain't he?

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

59 minutes ago, dboy said:

Look at the season-on-season finishing league positions of all the clubs in SL - Wakefield are not the lowest club.

So Warrington then?

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque