Fri 4 Nov: RLWC: Australia v Lebanon 19:30

Who will win?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia
    • Lebanon

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/22 at 20:00

Australia (Munster) trying to bring in too much 'razzle dazzle' now. It is certainly not their strength. They need to stick with the fundamentals. That's when they punish teams, just sticking to the basics very, very effectively.

If they try that against your NZ, England and Tonga, that is when they can be compromised and beaten.

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I think it was Dunbar and Futtocks getting grumpy with us. But our frustrating is justified. The Aussies are way better. We know that. But they get away with murder. Every time they play. The hands in the play the ball to slow it down is the one that does me. 

you’d hope if the ref was going to be biased he’d do it for the underdog for the sake of the game and the tournament but no.

• Like 3

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

5 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Aussies allowed to push the marker away at the play the ball now.

Lebanon did it themselves only a few minutes earlier.

Some say consistency is good. If a referee is consistently incorrect, I wouldn’t call it good.

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I think it was Dunbar and Futtocks getting grumpy with us. But our frustrating is justified.

Some justification through frustration yes.  But there is a feeding frenzy on here attacking the ref.

Half the time the attack on the ref is because people don't like the law.  The strip for the try was perfectly fine as per the laws but the ref gets stick for it.

I don't think the ref has had a bad game at all and the comments on here are just hugely disproportionate. 

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, MRN said:

Australia (Munster) trying to bring in too much 'razzle dazzle' now. It is certainly not their strength. They need to stick with the fundamentals. That's when they punish teams, just sticking to the basics very, very effectively.

If they try that against your NZ, England and Tonga, that is when they can be compromised and beaten.

What a shame we will have waited 5 weeks before they get any serious competition. I’m sure plenty of people here would have loved to see Australia get humbled by all of Eng, NZ and Tonga. Me included.

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Some justification through frustration yes.  But there is a feeding frenzy on here attacking the ref.

Half the time the attack on the ref is because people don't like the law.  The strip for the try was perfectly fine as per the laws but the ref gets stick for it.

I don't think the ref has had a bad game at all and the comments on here are just hugely disproportionate. 

He’s made several appalling decisions and countless more minor ones that mainly benefit Australia. 

• Like 2

3736-mipm.gif

1 minute ago, Sports Prophet said:

What a shame we will have waited 5 weeks before they get any serious competition. I’m sure plenty of people here would have loved to see Australia get humbled by all of Eng, NZ and Tonga. Me included.

its not gonna happen at any stage

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, Sports Prophet said:

That was always going to be the case to be fair

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

He’s made several appalling decisions and countless more minor ones that mainly benefit Australia. 

You are perfectly entitled to that opinion, but I don't agree with you.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I was critical at the start as he was ' coaching ' the Aussies , but not coaching Lebanon , he has now stopped coaching either 

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

You are perfectly entitled to that opinion, but I don't agree with you.

Thanks for letting me know. 

3736-mipm.gif

1 minute ago, RugbyBaller said:

That was always going to be the case to be fair

The early stages have to be looked at as a festival of rugby league and a chance for the smaller nations to et international exposure, and a chance to align teams for the serious stuff. Anyone expecting the opening rounds to be a feast of fiercely fought contests is delusional. 

• Like 5

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.