Fri 4 Nov: RLWC: Australia v Lebanon 19:30

Who will win?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia
    • Lebanon

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/22 at 20:00

Lebanon have looked fit, strong and well organised with a couple of very good players in key positions.

Remember they only lost to Tonga by 2 points in the last World Cup quarters.

I am not crazy enough to suggest that they will win but I don't think this Kangaroo side is right up there with the best we have seen and so I hope to see a decent game.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

It would be nice if Lebanon could win but I seriously doubt it - like everyone else on here I suspect.

However it is nice for Lebanon to be associated with something positive for a change - normally 'Lebanon' (and the Middle East in general) is a name linked with death and destruction.

• Like 1

Australia by 30+

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Whilst it would be hilarious if Lebanon win I hope they don't. I want this to be the year where we take revenge for decades of misery. I want to see Addo-Carr grasping at thin air as Young skins him to finish in the corner. I want to see Cleary lashing out at Welsby because he's given him a pat on the head after blowing a try. I want to see what the excuses are, and who the fingers get pointed at. 

Of course I'm dreaming, but the point is, I want a shot at the King.

Aussies by 32

Edited by MZH
  • Like 1

Lebanon have a great halves combo and Moses is a superb tactical kicker, but their forwards have very little first grade experience, so kind of the opposite of a lot of the second tier teams. I think they can probably keep it close-ish in the first half before Australia run away with it later on. 

I really hope the good people of Huddersfield and around can be tempted out of their armchairs for this, it could be good if Lebanon have a few tricks up their sleeves early on.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

46 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Interestingly, i think they've picked both Cleary and DCE. 

I reckon DCE will cover at 9 rather than Hunt.

Crazy decision.  Hunt is so much better in that role.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

These teams met in 2017 - group stages rather than knockout.

But Australia were only winning by 8 at half time and they had a strong team with the likes or Tom Trbojevic, Boyd Cordner, Cameron Munster and Cooper Cronk.

I don't think Australia have got better and Lebanon certainly have.

Again, I expect an Australia win but it isn't a gimme.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Londonbornirishbred said:

Would love this to be close at Half-time and have fear, uncertainty and doubt creep into the Kangaroos. That said, can't see past 40+ points to Australia by full time.

GOOD ARTICLE HERE IN NZ PRESS

“Obviously having a rugby union background has seen [Cheika] take a really hands-on role with the ruck,” veteran winger and former Kangaroo Josh Mansour says.

“I feel like he can get a bit hot-headed sometimes, but [assistant coach] Matt King’s really calm and collected so it’s a bit of a perfect mesh with them both.

“Everything starts at the ruck and he’s really taken a hands-on approach with that role.

“There’s a few tactics that get thrown around at training, we’ll leave them in the back pocket for Australia.”

Doueihi and Moses both hinted at more “trick plays” in Saturday morning’s quarterfinal (8.30am NZ time).

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador