Leigh to charge £30 on matchdays in 2023

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

Even £27 for terracing seems excessive, I think. Is there a booking fee, too? That’s usually £3 on average, so I’m not sure there would be any “gain” from buying in advance unless a club is going to sell its allocation. 

Confused by emphasis on the terrace, the North stand terrace is always the first stand to sell out at leigh and will continue to be even with the increase in price. I'd happily pay more to stand over sitting down, especially with how cramped the majority of seating at modern stadia is.

27 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Confused by emphasis on the terrace, the North stand terrace is always the first stand to sell out at leigh and will continue to be even with the increase in price. I'd happily pay more to stand over sitting down, especially with how cramped the majority of seating at modern stadia is.

Terracing is typically cheaper than seated areas at most venues (I find this in football and rugby league). Not so at Leigh, it seems. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, headtackle said:

In the current economic climate a brave ( or foolish) move

£30 seems a bit steep but then again assuming their target market is Leigh and the Manc end of the East Lancs about the same as competitors ie Sale Sharks

How much for kids?

Ranges from nothing to £10 depending on kid’s age. 

£30 would seem harsh to may RL fans, but I suspect there may be some IMG influence here. 

For FAR too long, Rugby League has positioned itself as the "community" sport, the "sport for the town & locals' and as such has had to cut its cloth accordingly.
After decades of Clubs feeding on the teat of Rupert Murdoch (sorry if that image is now stuck with you), they are having to weigh up what's more important and the bottom line is the one that needs paying before any community kudos/karma, so prices will rise.

Prices at Salford City are £15. That's the 4th tier of English Football. Port Vale again £15 in the 3rd tier but when you step up to the 2nd tier, then Preston are £30, so that's about right. Rugby League at the highest level should be charging at the 2nd tier Football level.

If you continuously discount or offer cheaper tickets, it becomes harder to charge a premium. I applaud Leigh for this and hope they manage to stay up, because I believe that in 2 or maybe 3 seasons, they will be at an average gate of 8,000 and they'll be receiving an income of over £3,000,000 on the gate.

the bit in bold is what I just typed, but I've bolded/quoted it so Degsy knows exactly what to cut and paste into his application for a grade-A from IMG 🙂

Here we go again another Leigh bashing thread. Usual suspects will get a rise from leigh posters and then claim why so defensive. 

The prices are for turning up on the day, if you pre book 24 hours in advance (which I know is back breaking work) it’s £27 seated, under cover with free parking and it’s the same price as the rest of the league. It’s less for concessions & kids.

Its £2 different to last year against teams that actually have away fans.

Dont let that detract from another Leigh bashing thread.

Edited by binosh
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, binosh said:

Here we go again another Leigh bashing thread. Usual suspects will get a rise from leigh posters and then claim why so defensive. 

The prices are set by LSV, and are for turning up on the day, if you pre book 24 hours in advance (which I know is back breaking work) it’s £27 seated, under cover with free parking and it’s the same price as the rest of the league. It’s less for concessions & kids.

I guess a half empty stadium on TV looks little worse or different to a bit more than half empty stadium on TV.

5 minutes ago, binosh said:

The prices are set by LSV, and are for turning up on the day, if you pre book 24 hours in advance (which I know is back breaking work) it’s £27 seated, under cover with free parking and it’s the same price as the rest of the league. It’s less for concessions & kids.

Its also £27-30 standing. That isn't in line with the rest of the league I don't believe.

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Even £27 for terracing seems excessive, I think. Is there a booking fee, too? That’s usually £3 on average, so I’m not sure there would be any “gain” from buying in advance unless a club is going to sell its allocation. 

Never had a booking fee so far and cannot see that changing..

5 minutes ago, binosh said:

Do you think this sort of thing helps Leigh's cause? A material superiority over the division below as well as a moral superiority over the division above.

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Its also £27-30 standing. That isn't in line with the rest of the league I don't believe.

Standing is for home fans only in the North stand. 

The North stand is usually season ticket holders/hardcore fans who can now watch 2 games a month for £25 or £12.50 per game. Who in there right mind would pay £30 to stand in the Leigh end.

1 minute ago, binosh said:

Standing is for home fans only in the North stand. 

The North stand is usually season ticket holders/hardcore fans who can now watch 2 games a month for £25 or £12.50 per game. Who in there right mind would pay £30 to stand in the Leigh end.

Casual Leigh fans who don't have a season ticket?

• Like 1