3 points the difference

Between the 4 team in the semi finals 

So forget all the ' blow outs ' , 3 points 

Just how close do people want it to be ? 

2 fantastic games , today's for me better than last night's 

Incredible , i applaud you all , from the Jamaican's who never stopped to whichever player lifts the trophy , thank you 

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 21

42 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Incredible , i applaud you all , from the Jamaican's who never stopped to whichever player lifts the trophy , thank you 

Agree in full. I’m absolutely devastated about todays game but while the tournament up to the quarters was ‘ok’, the two games this weekend have literally been the best games in any sport I’ve seen for a long while, I hope the final is as good (and Samoa win 🇼🇸 ). 

• Like 6

Sometimes you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. I’m gutted, I wanted our big day out next Saturday but I’ve been in Leeds and London in the last 36 hours, I’ve seen two incredible games and I feel privileged to watch the Sport. We need more of this, we deserve more and hopefully we’ll get more. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Unfortunately the tournament had 16 teams.

unless you are advocating for a 4 team tournament?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WN83 said:

Sometimes you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. I’m gutted, I wanted our big day out next Saturday but I’ve been in Leeds and London in the last 36 hours, I’ve seen two incredible games and I feel privileged to watch the Sport. We need more of this, we deserve more and hopefully we’ll get more. 

The two most intriguing games you’ve ever seen I’d wager, absolutely gripping stuff throughout both of them. 

1 hour ago, Tosh said:

imo it won’t be close.

can see Australia putting 30+ on Samoa unfortunately.

The bookies have Samoa at 8/1 (not much shorter than at the start of the tournament strangely) but I’ve got a sneaky feeling that it will be a lot closer than that. Maybe I’m just being hopeful, but regardless will be at Old Trafford roaring then on. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WN83 said:

Yup, this has been my point since yesterday. 

We celebrated when NZ lost to Tonga in the last World Cup and were then knocked out by Fiji. That was far worse than our showing. 

Let's be disappointed we lost, but celebrate what we are seeing. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The bookies have Samoa at 8/1 (not much shorter than at the start of the tournament strangely) but I’ve got a sneaky feeling that it will be a lot closer than that. Maybe I’m just being hopeful, but regardless will be at Old Trafford roaring then on. 

I’ll be roaring them on also and hoping for a Sheffield Eagles style miracle upset!!!

A Samoa win could be a real game changer for RL in the pacific.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tosh said:

Unfortunately the tournament had 16 teams.

unless you are advocating for a 4 team tournament?

The first part of the World Cup is a celebration of the sport with 16 teams coming together to compete.  Yes, some blowout scores but also some great scenes when an underdog gets on the scoreboard.

The quarter finals is when the 'serious' stuff starts.

For the quarter four quarter finals and the two semi-finals in this World Cup, the average winning margin was 16 points, in 2017 it was 22 points and in 2013 it was 35 points. 

• Like 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

29 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

The first part of the World Cup is a celebration of the sport with 16 teams coming together to compete.  Yes, some blowout scores but also some great scenes when an underdog gets on the scoreboard.

The quarter finals is when the 'serious' stuff starts.

For the quarter four quarter finals and the two semi-finals in this World Cup, the average winning margin was 16 points, in 2017 it was 22 points and in 2013 it was 35 points. 

Totally agree with this.. Greece from being illegal to being at the world cup, Jamaica with all the hard work and domestic development etc.. then onto some great quarter finals and 2 amazing semis.. 

• Like 2