v Sheffield

RLDB

This is going to be a very tough game. Sheffield gave us a good game last year home and away and they have spent some money in the off season getting some quality players in to complement the team.

Barrow just need to cut out the knock ons and have more structure in their play as seemed a bit disjointed last week. Expecting a big game from Sammut tommorow as he was poor against Toulouse and he has shown he is a quality player. I shall go for Barrow to win it by 10. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, pennington said:

This is going to be a very tough game. Sheffield gave us a good game last year home and away and they have spent some money in the off season getting some quality players in to complement the team.

Barrow just need to cut out the knock ons and have more structure in their play as seemed a bit disjointed last week. Expecting a big game from Sammut tommorow as he was poor against Toulouse and he has shown he is a quality player. I shall go for Barrow to win it by 10. 

You’re right bud,I’m sure that there are a few players wanting to put things right from last week👍🏻🏉

• Like 2

Big loss losing josh woods 5 mins in, Mossy Is a big miss also, not good enough if you want to stay in this league, 2 hard away games coming up which I can’t see them winning after today’s performance, relegation looming if they don’t buck up!

Edited by BarraFan
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RLDB said:

Full time 16-36. Completely outplayed again. Clueless with ball in hand and no line speed in defence. Long season ahead if this carries on. 

Well said. Unfortunately if they carry on crowds will drop off. 

Too many errors and not enough energy which Cresta acknowledged. 

It's a long season ahead. The league is a bit unique this year in the fact you have 12 teams who could all beat eachother on their day (Toulouse and Fev are ahead of the others) 

Worst thing the fans can do is write the team off. There is a lot of games to fix the problems. There is a lot of quality in the side you can see that we just need to put it together. I recall a bad blip last year where everyone wrote us off and we ended up winning 9/12 games so keep the faith. 

• Like 1

Barrow cannot expect to win when they start so poorly. They were off the pace from k.o. and couldn't get going properly thereafter. They looked disjointed and without a plan A never mind B or C. 

The only time we really troubled Sheffield is when Sammut had a few minutes of off the cuff play in the second half.

I agree that it is early in the season and we shouldn't write the team off yet but if they don't have a massive change of mindset from the kick off, and game plans they can work to, going to then it is going to be a long season.

They looked "out enthused" which is something the fans will not put up with.

I don't know who is supposed to be leading the team on the field (I know Stack is captain) but they desperately need someone to take charge. Sammut  seemed very subdued until he decided to try his hand, I don't know whether he is following team orders.

The difference in line speed in defence and the number backing up at speed in attack were the stand out differences.

The only way is up so onwards to the next match.

Edited by red square
  • Like 2

out enthused, outplayed and poor again this week...very worrying. The backs have no pace going forward and are poor defending. Cresta has a lot of work to do to stop the rot here. We are back to the Barrow of earlier Championship campaigns and seem to have taken a massive step backwards

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

I am a Town fan but it sounds like you are having the same start as we did last year , the longer it goes without a win the harder it becomes .We also lost our top try scorers and when that happens it is hard to fill the gaps with like for like players .Hope you get back on track soon , with all the work you`ve done off the field you deserve success .

Edited by ivans82
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, RLDB said:

Completely outplayed again.  

Unfortunately it's your second term in the championship and almost evert team knows how good you can be and how you play so the teams you beat last year like sheffield 22-10 in the first round will be definitely up for the fight

• Like 2

We're missing Carl Forster's influence both on and off the pitch, I feel. 

I don't understand why we're starting games with our biggest props on the bench when it's fairly obvious the opposing team are going to throw everything at us. 

Ask Workington about light mobile packs as a tactic and how that went. 

• Like 2

Always amazed me how Sheffield can assemble such a competitive side as they have never been the best supported club in the championship. Testimony I suppose to their location in South Yorkshire which allows them to pick up players from the heartlands and good coaching of course!

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Always amazed me how Sheffield can assemble such a competitive side as they have never been the best supported club in the championship. Testimony I suppose to their location in South Yorkshire which allows them to pick up players from the heartlands and good coaching of course!

A major backer always helps. I don't like Aston much but it is difficult to deny his coaching qualities.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.