Fri 3rd Mar: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Leigh Leopards KO 20:00

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/23 at 20:30

2 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

But both Charnley's tries would have been disallowed had there been a video ref.

Not this weekend they would've been eight point tries cos refs are on a roll!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 28/02/2023 at 19:19, daz39 said:

Jag-pard win for me, i reckon they will be pumped up by the booing and hissing crowd it will spur them on ....Leigh by 8

KR fans to start booing on 9 minutes and abusing the ref on 20.

Can one of the Leigh fans report this back please.

:kolobok_whistle:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Most importantly Leigh were the better team and deserved to win. So no complaints.

But both Charnley's tries would have been disallowed had there been a video ref. Referees and touch judges seem mesmerised when wingers fly high and wide and stretch out to get the ball down. It almost seems as if it would be a shame to disallow the tries even though Charnley grounded touch in goal on both occasions.

Of course there are always ifs and maybes and 50/50's in any game so I always think 'OK but  who deserved to win?.' It was |Leigh on this occasion so the rest is academic.

image.jpeg.8b2814be3353930600716933b2adda14.jpegthat’s one but can’t find the other

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Note to people who post on Internet forums :

If you decide to accept defeat graciously by typing "no complaints ", don't then follow those two words with a complaint.

It simply undoes your graciousness. 

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

10 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

image.jpeg.8b2814be3353930600716933b2adda14.jpegthat’s one but can’t find the other

There has been a chronic outbreak of not believing reality this weekend, no amount of fact showing change that. 2 fantastic finishes from charnley unlike Powell I rated him at Warrington. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

There has been a chronic outbreak of not believing reality this weekend

I have to ask, how is this different from every other weekend?

13 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I have to ask, how is this different from every other weekend?

Possibly its the positive atmosphere thats abundant in the new season, also the red/yellow cards, referees actually making calls than putting on report, closeness of the games, exciting play. Fans actually caring if they win or lose and maybe we are lucky with the tv games. 

55 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Possibly its the positive atmosphere thats abundant in the new season, also the red/yellow cards, referees actually making calls than putting on report, closeness of the games, exciting play. Fans actually caring if they win or lose and maybe we are lucky with the tv games. 

I think the positivity may be a bit of an illusion brought about by a very short off season.

Did fans stop caring, my memo must be in the post?

I think refs have always made calls these were just different ones.

I just checked over the three sets of results and nothing striking about closeness to any other season TBH.

I do like the sense of positivity, it's a breath of fresh air but it could just be the teams with most supporters and posters feel even happier than usual.

20 hours ago, phiggins said:

Not saying he’s a bad player, just think that mellor and lam are better half backs. But they wouldn’t create the amount of extra tries we’d need to compensate for having no goal kicker, so I’d give Reynolds and lam a run of games together. I wouldn’t want to see Reynolds in the pack against super league opposition 

Seeing how we were expansive with the ball on Friday evidently by 4 of the 5 tries scored out wide by the wingers, I don't think that Mellor fits into that style of play and structure there are times he doesn't seem to know what he is doing with ball in hand - how many times have we seen him running around in circles - if he doesn't know what he is doing how do his team mates? 

He will have to come into the game at some time but where, I don't think that we can afford to have him on the bench and as I say at the moment leave Ben at 6 he will only get better the more game time he has.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Seeing how we were expansive with the ball on Friday evidently by 4 of the 5 tries scored out wide by the wingers, I don't think that Mellor fits into that style of play and structure there are times he doesn't seem to know what he is doing with ball in hand - how many times have we seen him running around in circles - if he doesn't know what he is doing how do his team mates? 

He will have to come into the game at some time but where, I don't think that we can afford to have him on the bench and as I say at the moment leave Ben at 6 he will only get better the more game time he has.

I'd agree , Mellor and Lam are more lateral in their play , Reynolds is more direct , we will need them all during the season , but things are improving attack wise , and Ben's kicking was Inu standard on Friday 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I'd agree , Mellor and Lam are more lateral in their play , Reynolds is more direct , we will need them all during the season , but things are improving attack wise , and Ben's kicking was Inu standard on Friday 

Hit the Nail on the head Steve. If Reynolds didn't play, we would have lost by 3! 

Charnleys finishing was World Class! 

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree on Mellor. I thought he was very good last season, and his link up with Stone and Ferguson was a big reason we ran up so many big scores. If we had a recognised goal kicker in the back line, I’d pick Lam and Mellor, but we don’t and Reynolds isn’t too far behind them imo, so his goal kicking clinches his spot for me. 

52 minutes ago, phiggins said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree on Mellor. I thought he was very good last season, and his link up with Stone and Ferguson was a big reason we ran up so many big scores. If we had a recognised goal kicker in the back line, I’d pick Lam and Mellor, but we don’t and Reynolds isn’t too far behind them imo, so his goal kicking clinches his spot for me. 

Fair enough we all have our own opinions of player's.

• Like 2

On 04/03/2023 at 17:34, DimmestStar said:

Most importantly Leigh were the better team and deserved to win. So no complaints.

But both Charnley's tries would have been disallowed had there been a video ref. Referees and touch judges seem mesmerised when wingers fly high and wide and stretch out to get the ball down. It almost seems as if it would be a shame to disallow the tries even though Charnley grounded touch in goal on both occasions.

Of course there are always ifs and maybes and 50/50's in any game so I always think 'OK but  who deserved to win?.' It was |Leigh on this occasion so the rest is academic.

We deserved to lose. We deviated from the script which tied up the last two games.

Peters needs to shake off the small club / victim mentality of a lot of our fans. 

Edited by costa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 04/03/2023 at 13:55, Harry Stottle said:

Don't agree Higgy, I think that since Mr Lam came he has transformed Ben Reynolds into a very reliable player at stand off, best No 6 at the club for me, I hope Mr Lam gives him an extended run, and yes his goalkicking is very good we would have lost last night had he not been on the field.

Looks like Mellor will get his chance if fit for the next two games. Reynolds given 2 match ban.

8 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Looks like Mellor will get his chance if fit for the next two games. Reynolds given 2 match ban.

I wouldn't mind seeing O'Brien given kicking duties without Reynolds rather than Hardaker. He was both Salford and Toronto's goal kicker in his stints there  

Just now, LeytherRob said:

I wouldn't mind seeing O'Brien given kicking duties without Reynolds rather than Hardaker. He was both Salford and Toronto's goal kicker in his stints there  

When the squad was put together, I did assume that O'Brien would be the goal kicker. But Hardaker and Chamberlain were both seemingly ahead of him in the friendlies, then Hardaker was kicking the goals against Salford. Found it odd, so assumed there must be some reason that GOB isn't kicking goals any more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

image.jpeg.c95484a28f533320796caf5d005fd173.jpeg

Why have you posted a ' still ' after the ball is already down ? 

What did you expect Charnley to do ? , Fly round without ' touching down ' , he's a Leopard , not a Robin 😉

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Baffled , I don't recall anything ' untoward ' in the game 

The report on this site, is saying the charge was “Law 15.1 (i) Dangerous Contact – A defending player makes contact with an opponent after the ball has been released by an opponent in a vulnerable position which causes flexion to the head, neck or spinal column on an attacking player, which poses an unacceptable risk of injury to that player. Grade D.”

Am guessing it is the late shot which led to Dagger going off for a HIA. Was included in the highlights on the Hull KR Youtube channel.

On 05/03/2023 at 07:40, Old Frightful said:

Note to people who post on Internet forums :

If you decide to accept defeat graciously by typing "no complaints ", don't then follow those two words with a complaint.

It simply undoes your graciousness. 

You were who I was talking about when I mentioned some over sensitive Hull fans.

5 minutes ago, phiggins said:

The report on this site, is saying the charge was “Law 15.1 (i) Dangerous Contact – A defending player makes contact with an opponent after the ball has been released by an opponent in a vulnerable position which causes flexion to the head, neck or spinal column on an attacking player, which poses an unacceptable risk of injury to that player. Grade D.”

Am guessing it is the late shot which led to Dagger going off for a HIA. Was included in the highlights on the Hull KR Youtube channel.

Just watched it 

Daft 🙄 , just got a shirt , might not get it back now , and upsets our rhythm 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Just watched it 

Daft 🙄 , just got a shirt , might not get it back now , and upsets our rhythm 

Yep, third half back pairing in 4 games, and another change on the right hand side in attack, for something completely needless, that could've cost us the game on the night if seen by officials.