Fri 10th Mar: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Castleford Tigers KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/23 at 20:30

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

There's a place about half a mile from me where they've had three times as much snow as here. Leeds, you'll have noticed, is a large city which means it is typically warmer at ground level than somewhere rural with the same clouds overhead. Which makes a big difference to how much snow sticks. I'm pleased the Leeds game is on.

I’m not sure you can class Leeds Road in Huddersfield as ‘rural’.

And Headingley isn’t in a city centre.

Its moot anyway I fully expect all games to be on in West Yorkshire, the sun is now shining and the snow is stopping.

• Like 1

The issue at Huddersfield is that the staff couldn't get in, a lot of them live in rural area's between the town and the Pennines, as most of you will know, large areas of Huddersfield and it's surrounds are very hilly and rural.

Hopefully everyone manages to get in and get going.

I haven't been able to get my van out to get to work neither have 4 others who live in the area.

I suspect it's a totally different scenario in other places?

Game on, great news.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

As previously stated game on -

https://www.giantsrl.com/article/8397/game-on-vs-castleford-|-all-fans-in-core-stand-lower

Cas fans take note -

'Away Supporters (Castleford) will still be situated in the Magic Rock Brewing stand as normal, but are urged to pre-buy with the Ticket Office being understaffed due to the weather.

The Ticket Office is open, but as above, fans are urged to pre-buy online to minimise disruption.'

No wonder he's sometimes called Kenny Everett...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Lovely club Huddersfield however support locally its pathetic (No dig at those that turn up) no excuse for the weather if it was football there would be many more there.

Looks awful on TV 

So why don't you write to Huddersfield, and any other club for that matter, with your innovitive solutions to apathy in the local populus. 

Can you post a copy on here so we can all learn.

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

So why don't you write to Huddersfield, and any other club for that matter, with your innovitive solutions to apathy in the local populus. 

Can you post a copy on here so we can all learn.

Bottom line is football rules in Huddersfield sadly 

There is no solution the Giants are a Championship fans based wise.

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

Thought Westerman got a bum deal from the ref there.

2 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Bottom line is football rules in Huddersfield sadly 

There is no solution the Giants are a Championship fans based wise.

Soccer rules everywhere, in places where there is no competing soccer club soccer will dominate interest.

I look forward to your solution.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Thought Westerman got a bum deal from the ref there.

Bottom of the pile that dig.

He's some player Will Pryce.

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

There is no solution sadly there 

So what's the solution elsewhere if there is none there. Other places face similar problems.